1980's music movies & pop culture thread

Shortline Bus

I know many of you guys were not alive or born in the 1980's. As the 'old man' on these boards that grew up in the 1980's this was a great decade for music, movies & pop culture. Here some info.

Pop Culture

MTV was created in 1981. Until about 1992, this station played music videos and music concerts and progarmming 24/7.

Birth of Rap and Hip/HOP culture.

Height of Big and Long Hair Rock Singers.

Start of the modern video game system Sony.

Start of widespread use of Home Computers.

Movies

Classics that focused on teens and the young adult crowd.

"Fast Times at Ridgemond High' Starring an all star cast from Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker, Phoebe Cates, Judge Reihhold, and many more.

"Breakfast Club"

"St Elmo's Fire"

"Footlose"

"Back To the Future"

And that just to start.

Music

Duran-Duran, Run-DMC, Prince, Bon Jovi, Springstein, Madonna(when she was young & gorgerous lol)New Edition, New Kids on the Block, Blondie & Debbie Harry, Grandmaster Flash and of course Micheal Jackson before he went mentally ill.

So feel free to comment on 1980's music, tv shows,culture, even if you were not born yet.

I don't remember the entire 80's I think from 86 and up I remember....the name Billie Ocean rings a bell!

Cuarke 79 and others. go to http://www.youtube.com and type billie ocean and typethese smash hitsongs from the '80's.

"Carribean Queen"

'Get into my dreams get into my car'

When the tough get rolling'

"suddenly' (love song/ballad)

"Loverboy"

Billie moved to London, UK in late 1970's. He was born in Trindad.

Another one to check out on your tube.

Junior "Mama used to say'

Teena Marie (the mariah of her day)'lovergirl' and 'square biz'

Cuarke 79 and others. go to http://www.youtube.com and type billie ocean and typethese smash hitsongs from the '80's.

"Carribean Queen"

'Get into my dreams get into my car'

When the tough get rolling'

"suddenly' (love song/ballad)

"Loverboy"

Billie moved to London, UK in late 1970's. He was born in Trindad.

Another one to check out on your tube.

Junior "Mama used to say'

Teena Marie (the mariah of her day)'lovergirl' and 'square biz'

Ok now I remember him...that was the song though!

I grew up in the 80's and remember it very well. Those are probably the best times of my life. I especially remember transit in New York City during the 80's. But who can forget the music and movies of the 80's. I have a very extensive collection of music and movies from the 80's. It's my most beloved collection.

I grew up in the 80's and remember it very well. Those are probably the best times of my life. I especially remember transit in New York City during the 80's. But who can forget the music and movies of the 80's. I have a very extensive collection of music and movies from the 80's. It's my most beloved collection.

Finally an another grumpier old man close to my age (joking Harry:cool:)that grew up in the 1980's also.

Wow those dude from Metallica was kids when this pic was taken.

FYI. Metallica was inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame 2009 class.

Yeah, I heard. They've come a long way since the 80's. You could argue that they've become sellouts, but that wouldn't make sense since their last album was essentially back to the days when they weren't mainstream.

"Conga' her first US hit was a much better song IMO.

yup there u go.

I dunno if you know this song

i remember the first to words, its a woman, i think shes African American, and they had a saxophone in the background i think

For ....you......

I agree, I'm thinking 'Smooth Operator', but "For you" wasn't the opening :confused:

No offense ladies on these boards but Sade was a babe i would have loved to date. So was other '80's era celebrity ladies like Actresses Molly Ringwood, lisa bonet(cosby show) Lisa Valdez(aka Lisa Lisa)a young Vansessa Williams, Tiffany and of course Madonna touching the surface.:tup::)

Archived