Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:Β  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called:Β For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Naomi85 said:

It's official now! Final processing done! I start class December 11th😁😁😁 

Yay congrats! Still waiting for my magical email... I would imagine they split it up amongst a few waves.(Other half has been asking around amongst people whose relatives got sent last week...seems I'm not the only one who went last week that has heard nothing yet. Still abusing the F5 key on gmail! ;)

So what was it like, go over your paperwork and that's it?

They give u more papers to fill out. Afterwards you get "interviewed". They go over all your paper work and make sure there are no gaps. You sign a paper getting sworn in. They tell you start date and ask if you will be able to start on that date. After that you take picture for your pass then you get fingerprinted. Make sure you have an $87 money order for fingerprint fees. Then you are all done.

1 hour ago, hmc12989 said:

It's a permanent job, it's only called provisional because the list still isn't final.

You don't get union protection per se until you clear probation anyway, but you're eligible for medical, etc.

Any info on when the list will be finalized?

6 hours ago, Dgopes said:

Any info on when the list will be finalized?

Rumors on the road say April.Β  Only rumors though.

Β 

8 hours ago, Toronto Transit said:

i'm like what i am hearing...is this a temp job...the full time job with union benefits are note being offered yet

Β 

Currently getting the same benefits as the permanent employees.Β  248 is pumping out classes every month to meet the coming demands of the job.

17 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

Must be close...my pre-employment letter had a list number on it...and I was pretty pretty surprised at it...they must have thrown some questions out.Β 

Β 

personally I'm waiting for final processing.

What do you mean they must have thrown some questions out? Do you remember your score?Β 

I had two wrong according to the proposed answer key. Single digit list number. Thus why I have concluded a couple of questions must have been thrown out. You're familiar with the protest process right? I didn't go, I was working in Connecticut at the time and couldn't.Β Questions getting tossed is the only logical explanation :)

Edited by hmc12989

2 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

I had two wrong according to the proposed answer key. Single digit list number. Thus why I have concluded a couple of questions must have been thrown out. You're familiar with the protest process right? I didn't go, I was working in Connecticut at the time and couldn't.Β Questions getting tossed is the only logical explanation :)

I got 4 wrong When I checked my answers against theΒ proposed answer key, but I haven't heard anything from the mta. I'm not sure what to expect from this point on.

I wasn't even expecting to hear anythingΒ thisΒ soon. Other half got hired off the last O/C Conductor that they held in 2008- he had nothing wrong and it still took 2 and a half years...and they're stillΒ hiring off that list. When I went for pre-employment a couple weeks ago I got pulled in a room with a couple of people who were there for conductor.

Been picking at this since 2013 even with Metro North, whose hiring process is more convoluted - if I've learned anything from this process it's pack your patience or you'll go insane torturing yourself. At least with the TA tests asΒ long as your experience/quals for the position checks out - you'll get a letter from them eventually if you did well enough.

Edited by hmc12989

Hi everyone, I also took the Station Agent exam back in November 2015. According to the proposed answer key I got 4 wrong. I got a letter to go in on October 31 for the pre-interview and now I'm just trying ti be patient until they call for final processing.

This us the first city exam I've ever taken and I don't understand how they are determining who they are reaching out to, I've read on this thread that others have also gotten only 4 wrong too and haven't been contacted.

i'm a big fan of our MTA....like where else can you go for under 3 dollars in the world...On the that

note...26,000 ppl have paid money to compete to be on the MTA team.....there must be jobs we can fill to ease the

the constant complaints from paying international and local riders....we will do any job to make the mta better then

hong kong Β or toronto. Β  put us to work Β  will work hard for you you joe l, and gov g Β 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:41 PM, Naomi85 said:

They give u more papers to fill out. Afterwards you get "interviewed". They go over all your paper work and make sure there are no gaps. You sign a paper getting sworn in. They tell you start date and ask if you will be able to start on that date. After that you take picture for your pass then you get fingerprinted. Make sure you have an $87 money order for fingerprint fees. Then you are all done.

You also have the option for transit to deduct the fingerprint fee from your first paycheck.Β 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 6:30 PM, Shellyvnyc said:

Hi everyone, I also took the Station Agent exam back in November 2015. According to the proposed answer key I got 4 wrong. I got a letter to go in on October 31 for the pre-interview and now I'm just trying ti be patient until they call for final processing.

This us the first city exam I've ever taken and I don't understand how they are determining who they are reaching out to, I've read on this thread that others have also gotten only 4 wrong too and haven't been contacted.

Have your heard anything yet. I too had got the letter to go in on October 31 for pre-interview and when that was done I had taken the drug test, I'm now waiting to be emailed for final processing. It has been about a month now looking to see if anyone has heard back yet that was in the preinterview on Oct 31. Im getting worried because I know there is a class scheduled for Dec 11, their was a lot of people there but for many different jobs. Any information would be welcomed. Thanks

I'm in the same boat too, aside from that one girl I think that's a big fat nope, and if they want to allow people to give a proper 2 weeks notice, that ship sailed Monday...I've heard of people getting really short notice to be told to show up, so who knows, there may still be a glimmer of hope!

I went for the OPA for Conductor a couple weeks ago, but sadly it was a Saturday so there was nobody around to bother about this one - for the 2nd part of the test we got herded into the room we all spent quality time in waiting for our number to be called on 10/31/

Don't forget your drug test results are good for 3 months...so it might be a bit. Looking back in this thread it seems hit or miss with them calling people back straight away for final processing or torturing them for a little while with anticipation. Maybe we'll be called for the January class! :)Β  (I hope - I'm going nuts!)

Edited by hmc12989
Didn't finish my thought ;)

I still haven't heard anything either. I know people say you have to be patient, but I was really hoping to be in the December class; right now I just want final processing to be done!Β 

The one girl that did get call in for final processing so quickly was because she was originally called to go in for the drug test in September, I think she had to pay some parking tickets and when she went back in October she was probably process faster.

Edited by Shellyvnyc
Adding last paragraph.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:30 PM, Shellyvnyc said:

Im also inΒ the same boat went for pre employment oct 31st it’s been a month for me as well.Β I’m just trying to be patient although its a bit hard been checking email every so often. I think based on what it seems we might be considered for the January class since December 11 is about 10 days out and by the time Monday hits it will be December 4th. So that leaves me to believe the January class could take place from 5th-11th Β and we will probably get called for final processing hopefully by next week or the week afterΒ 

Edited by Jose267564

Just be patient guys. I know it's hard when your new career is right around the corner.

After i went in for my pre employment it took a while for me to be notified. They literally emailedΒ me in the week that my urine test was about to expire. So it took close to 90 days. Check what i wrote on page 7 of this thread for more info.

Also someone in here recently asked me how I like the job. I'll share my response with you all:

It's great,Β I really like it. GoodΒ pay and amazing benefits. When you are new you start out as an extra.(you basically fill in where they need coverage.Β if someone calls out sick, is on vacation, etc.)Β  Being extra you get to work different stations.Β The good thing about this is that when it comes time for your pick you will already have a feel of which stations you like or don't like. Busy stations can be stressful when your first starting out. Working those I consider to be our initiation lol. With a non-stop flow of customers you will learn disciplineΒ and how keep your money in order. Your also not always stuck in a booth. At times you will be doing customer service jobs, basically outside of the booth wearing your transit safety vest answering questions and giving directions.Β 

If you guys have anyΒ questions feel free to ask. I will answer to the best of my ability.