Which depots should be weekday only?

jgood6195

No on all of them 

besides with spring creek they have the b100 and the b103 if you make it weekday only now where will it go?

Perhaps JFK depot.

Ulmer Park, don't think so. The B6 is a heavily used line.

I could see Flatbush and East New York doing that route.

Grand Avenue Depot ? Seriously, no way are you gonna put some of their bus routes to FP on a weekend. 

I say no to all of those listed they shouldn't and never should be a weekday only depot, Q59 is as heavily used as the Q58 for example. Also the B6 also runs on heavily used levels so yea none to all those you said.

Maybe, maybe Far Rock. In another world, Spring Creek. I don't know what universe you'd have to be in for the others to happen...

Ulmer already don't use their express routes/buses on weekends.

Grand Avenue Depot ? Seriously, no way are you gonna put some of their bus routes to FP on a weekend. 

I say no to all of those listed they shouldn't and never should be a weekday only depot, Q59 is as heavily used as the Q58 for example. Also the B6 also runs on heavily used levels so yea none to all those you said.

What part of Flatbush and ENY could handle the B6 do you not understand? What depots you think should close on weekends?

Far Rockaway could seem like a possibility but I still don't agree to those especially Grand Avenue Depot...

also the B6 Shouldn't be split into 2 different depots on a weekend so Ulmer park Regardless B6 or not as the subject should remain open.

Maybe on weekends, NYCT could run the routes?

I always thought FR was a little dozy. The Q52/ Q11 would've been moved to spring Creek as well as the Q21 and the Q35 (with a long deadhead) The Q22 wouldv'e probably been from Q113 Interlines, since the Q22 is the only one that would be affected greatly if that happened. 

What part of Flatbush and ENY could handle the B6 do you not understand? What depots you think should close on weekends?

No, you don't understand that all of the depots in the system has a purpose on running daily. Your list above is overall unagreeable. Just an opinion....

In NYC, none....

I guess you could make a case for YON, but I'm not sure if ECH has enough MCI's to cover all of the borough's (Bronx's) express runs.....

I'd beg to differ... I am really against that idea... The B/Os are regularly LATE out of Eastchester esp. of late.  Tonight the BxM6 apparently was MIA and the line stretched to something insane... In other words, the bus that was due did not show and you had two bus loads of folks waiting at that stop because those idiots show up a good 20 minutes early for the next bus due... Smh BxM10 must've been late also... Eventually the BxM9 and BxM8 came... Those two are usually ontime though, but the BxM6 and BxM10 seem to be the most unreliable out of those 4 buses... The BxM7 runs okay but the high frequencies hide some of the lateness on that line.

Reliability esp. of late out of Yonkers has been very good, not that it was ever that terrible to begin with.  The only long waits I used to have was with the BxM18 for certain runs, but now that they have regulars on the line it has been much better.  I can literally set my phone to when those buses will arrive.  Bus Time has helped as well...

I have to say though... What in the hell is wrong with those BxM6 folks that they refuse to use the subway?? They waited over an hour tonight... They must really hate the idea of using the (6) train... My wait was maybe 5 - 6 minutes tops for my bus.... I had to chuckle... You would think they had high frequencies they way they show up for that bus... They really should learn how to read a schedule... You have HOURLY service!!

Archived