Israel transportation

Diesel

Some pics of Israeli buses, made by me during 2010-2011.

All the pics you can see on my site http://bigstuff.info/travel/ (sorry, its not english yet).

Have a dream to take a pics from USA/Canada too.

29.jpg

39.jpg

95.jpg

97.jpg

120.jpg

153.jpg

10.jpg

82.jpg

95.jpg

97.jpg

104.jpg

114.jpg

118.jpg

120.jpg

139.jpg

146.jpg

153.jpg

166.jpg

170.jpg

196.jpg

198.jpg

199.jpg

201.jpg

23.jpg

43.jpg

58.jpg

61.jpg

71.jpg

80.jpg

92.jpg

There was controversy on the public transportation in Israel over the gender segregated buses that the ultra orthodox use. I remember reading about it a while back. I believe the town was Beit Shemesh where a lot of ultra orthodox jewish people live.

Yeah, there are not only transportation controversies, orthodox jews arrange controversies about everything what interferes with their life, also shops, factories, which works in shabbat for example, everything.... ill not live near them.

And why is that? In Italy the B/Os have uniforms... Much more professional and official looking.  Same thing applies for the rail system, including EuroStar (Italia).

I've no idea. It's the case in every means old transport in Athens (metro, light rail and buses). For someone who lives here I guess it would seem odd for them to wear uniforms, although, some of them dress more formally than others more than others.

I've no idea. It's the case in every means old transport in Athens (metro, light rail and buses). For someone who lives here I guess it would seem odd for them to wear uniforms, although, some of them dress more formally than others more than others.

That's very "non-European"... Kind of surprised because Europeans have more taste when it comes to dressing well and style. It's usually the Americans that are the slobs with the flip-flops, sloppy pants, hideous shirts and neck ties tied too short and such. The Canadians usually dress well too when it comes to being professional and such.

About drivers uniform - i guess its all cuz of israel heat, and drivers will be necessary to change their t-shorts few times in day, but may be im wroung, cuz in every bus a/c working like as youre somewhere in Greenland. :lol:

About drivers uniform - i guess its all cuz of israel heat, and drivers will be necessary to change their t-shorts few times in day, but may be im wroung, cuz in every bus a/c working like as youre somewhere in Greenland. :lol:

The buses are very Euro looking... Are they made in Israel or elsewhere?

Pretty much everything seem european.

The tram is an Alstom Citadis (Alstom is a french company)

The double decker train car look  like the double decker train car in Germany.

Nothing here would look foreign in Europe, it is quite the oposite.

The buses are MAN, MAN is a German company.

Looking in Wikipedia, MAN don't seem to have factory in Israel.

The buses are very Euro looking... Are they made in Israel or elsewhere?

Unfortunately i dont know almost nothing about israel transport industry, but from other threads i knew that Man (full name is MAN Lion's City) made in Lion, Germany. This is city and intercity bus.

Next most famous bus is Irizar (Spain), intercity bus.

Next model... omg sorry, there is no international bus, the borders in Israel are closed. Use plane for your abroad trips. :lol:

Wiki says that Israel made only one model of buses - Merkavim (simular to famous 65 tonn israeli Merkava tank, Merkava = Chariot), but they are made on the basis other buses Man, Volvo, Mercedes and Daf.

I just now found this forum, here is alot of pics of Israel buses.

http://buzzybeeforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10736

Pretty much everything seem european.

The tram is an Alstom Citadis (Alstom is a french company)

The double decker train car look  like the double decker train car in Germany.

Nothing here would look foreign in Europe, it is quite the oposite.

The buses are MAN, MAN is a German company.

Looking in Wikipedia, MAN don't seem to have factory in Israel.

Yes... we have much foreign, even jets are american, cuz of this the project Lavi ("Young lion") has been closed and we lost our personal jet, which was to be built according to Israeli requirements.

800px-IAI-Lavi-B-2-hatzerim-2.jpg

And heres rumors that americans wants to sfuff us Abrams tanks... so may be soon we will lose legendary Merkava too.... thats sadly, i loved it...

2629cdfad9d1ac980571d9f8936ffa2a.jpg

My pic, taken in Israel tank museum (Latrun).

8209f6b79747.jpg

lol... I have to say those Dutch buses are pretty hideous... I love the ones in most of Europe though... Much more stylish...

Man.. the hole where i came from..... dude, israeli buses the best buses i ever rode :lol:

Yes... we have much foreign, even jets are american, cuz of this the project Lavi ("Young lion") has been closed and we lost our personal jet, which was to be built according to Israeli requirements.

800px-IAI-Lavi-B-2-hatzerim-2.jpg

And heres rumors that americans wants to sfuff us Abrams tanks... so may be soon we will lose legendary Merkava too.... thats sadly, i loved it...

2629cdfad9d1ac980571d9f8936ffa2a.jpg

My pic, taken in Israel tank museum (Latrun).

8209f6b79747.jpg

Man.. the hole where i came from..... dude, israeli buses the best buses i ever rode :lol:

I'm just amazed at how they're able to have the buses with the destination signs in Hebrew... Pretty neat since Hebrew reads from right to left.

I'm just amazed at how they're able to have the buses with the destination signs in Hebrew... Pretty neat since Hebrew reads from right to left.

Actually, most in Israel in three languages: hebrew, english and arabic.

And is i heard, Israel long time talks about adding russian.

165.jpg

165.jpg

37.jpg

Makes sense with the Palestinians there... I kind of forgot that so many Russians are of Jewish faith.

Yes, for example im ukrainian jew, but for you and them russian is everyone who can speak in russian :lol:

Archived