Police:Man Hit, Killed By Subway Train Following Fight In Harlem Station

Around the Horn

Man they way crime in the subways are now it's almost like how out of control it was during the 70's and 80's with all the recent rash of incidents we've seen this year and the past year in 2011. OK maybe I am blowing this out of proportion but these trends in crime in the subway as well as the suicides are not good. Nowadays I am especially cautious when commuting for this reason. I never know when someone is going to flip out and start stabbing people with screwdrivers or pull out a electric saw and cut people (which really happened). Very disconcerting.

Well there was the recent shootings on the (N) in Brooklyn too. Not to mention countless incidents of brawls on the trains, robberies, sexual misconduct etc. that never makes the news but goes viral on the internet.

That says a lot about how things are going downhill here....

People having sex on the trains and stations (seen it for myself, really disgusting and totally disrespectful), people being assaulted (witnessed it), why there was a video posted somewhere on this forum via liveleak of a man who killed himself by electrocuting himself on the third rail. Shootings, stabbings..... The NYPD may need to consider beefing up security in the wake of the rash of violent incidents that has happened as of late.

Until that happens of course the smart thing to do is use common sense - be alert of your surroundings, hide all electronics, money, wallets and jewelry, walk away when provoked because you don't know if that person may be even armed with a bullet with your name on it. And on late night travels see to it you travel either in the T/O's car or the C/R's car to protect yourself.

When waiting for a train late night stay in the waiting area in the mezzanine if at all possible.

Now myself  I'm a trooper so I don't follow any of these rules. In all seriousness the random sicko on the train who f**ks with me is playing with fire believe me. But nethertheless it's good to use common sense to protect yourself. Point is from what I've seen lately and read in the news, crime is going up. I don't care what the newspapers are saying, something is wrong here in terms of security in our transit system. My two cents.

Falling off a moving train while dropping a deuce between cars? [img=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111107003558/runescape/images/1/1f/Emoticon-Facepalm.gif] That guy has to be the MTA's first darwin award winner of 2013.
facepalm ain't good enough to describe the fail these bums need to go they have violated the subways long enough. Next time give it you A game grim reaper. Nice try death better luck next time

The guy who decided to take a dump between the train cars is totally idiotic! Why he couldn't hold it or take a dump before entering the train station?!

good for that loser so disappointed he will try again sometime damn we need a facefloor for this  shit facepalm is just not enough. :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Falling off a moving train while dropping a deuce between cars? Emoticon-Facepalm.gif That guy has to be the MTA's first darwin award winner of 2013.

Can you say: s**t happens? When I read how this really went down, I ended up laughing much more than I should be. He's already been pre-approved for the Darwin Award.

The guy who decided to take a dump between the train cars is totally idiotic! Why he couldn't hold it or take a dump before entering the train station?!

Probably because he belongs in a mental institution, and since this is NY, and winter, this is his home !!

btw....should MTA get some trains with cars connectors just like the fleets at LIRR and Metro-North?

So riders will have a safety way to move to another car when a car is crowded.

However...i don't know it is good for the security of trains or not..since people are able to cross between cars easily :o

btw....should MTA get some trains with cars connectors just like the fleets at LIRR and Metro-North?

However...i don't know it is good for the security of trains or not..since people are able to cross between cars easily :o

Actually, it would be more secure. Allows people to move towards the C/R or T/O more easily when they get on the system at night without the risk of waiting a long time if they miss the train. It would also increase capacity. Why wasn't this part of the R110?

In my opinion they the MTA should have articulated cars, Such as the D Type Triplex and more options open to safety.

Back on topic, homeless or not I really do not understand who in his/her right mind will go drop a deuce in-between the subway cars...

Also I agree with some of y'all' here, the fatality rate is sky rocketing yet again.

Actually, it would be more secure. Allows people to move towards the C/R or T/O more easily when they get on the system at night without the risk of waiting a long time if they miss the train. It would also increase capacity. Why wasn't this part of the R110?

Not going to happen. Articulated cars were removed from the subway from the first place, because it would cause trouble when they took the cars apart. If they reintroduce them it would cause trouble when they need to repair cars. Instead of taking just one car, they would have to haul an entire train just to fix one problem. So no.

The better idea would be to reintroduce bathrooms in every single NYC Subway station. That would be a better compromise considering these people were taking a dump.

If they were to do articulated cars, why not put them in 5-car sets, with cabs in the middle like they have for almost everything?

let me add to what you just said,

They should also put them into 4 car sets for the (L)(J)(M)(Z) and possibly (G) (If they are seriously gonna keep that line 4 car length forever)

Archived