Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi There! :-)  I applied and paid my fees.. Very excited for making the first move.  What's the next step now and what should I Study for the exam? 

You dont  have to study anything the test is a personality test....When filing is over they'll randomly assign out list numbers and call in that order 

Hi There! :-)  I applied and paid my fees.. Very excited for making the first move.  What's the next step now and what should I Study for the exam? 

How did you apply when i try it wont let me do it i dont understand whats the problem.

How did you apply when i try it wont let me do it i dont understand whats the problem.

Click here to apply for this position.  If you get an "unauthorized user" error message, you have to clear the cookies that contain "mtabsc" and clear your browser's cache, then click on the link.

So the difference between exam 2301 and 3101, is 3101 is specifically Manhattan and the Bronx?

If this is true where is 2301 hiring for? All the other areas?

2301 Bus company depots

Brooklyn:

Spring Creek (ATU) 

Queens:

Laguardia (TWU)

JFK (ATU)

College Point (TWU)

Baisley Park (TWU)

Far Rockaway (ATU)

ATU depots pay start 18 and change tops at 26 and change TWU 20 n change tops 29 and change all of mabstoa get twu pay

You dont  have to study anything the test is a personality test....When filing is over they'll randomly assign out list numbers and call in that order 

Thanks so much for your response! :-)  One more question, how long does to whole process usually takes. I'm now starting to read the CDL DMV book for get my permit and then license, if they call me and I haven't yet received my license would I be disqualified automatically?

I applied for 3101 but I'm not sure I even want a OA spot. None of the work is appealing at all.

Keep in mind as an OA operator you can also pick into any TA depot listed below:

126 Street

East New York

Flatbush

Fresh Pond

Grand Avenue

Jackie Gleason

Ulmer Park

You just wouldn't be able to go to any of the ATU affiliated garages which are the ones in Queens and Staten Island.

2301 Bus company depots

Brooklyn:

Spring Creek (ATU) 

Queens:

Laguardia (TWU)

JFK (ATU)

College Point (TWU)

Baisley Park (TWU)

Far Rockaway (ATU)

ATU depots pay start 18 and change tops at 26 and change TWU 20 n change tops 29 and change all of mabstoa get twu pay

You forgot the two depots in the BX Eastchester (TWU) and Yonkers (TWU). 

Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transportation Operating Authority, known as MaBSTOA

depots:100th Street Depot

Kingsbridge Depot

Manhattanville Depot

Michael J. Quill Depot

Amsterdam Depot

West Farms Depot

Gunhill Depot

100th Street Depot was renamed the Tuskegee Airmen Depot

And you omitted Mother Clara Hale which is slated to be completed sometime this year or next year IIRC

what's the next step after applying online? do i show up at 180 livingston street to take an exam in person?

Next we will be sent random numbers and after that we will receive letters to show up at livingston for the BOSS exam. These letters are sent in numerical order. Probably first 3000 will receive it to take the boss in a 2 month frame like the 2301 exam.

I Applied For bus operator 3101 i need know if i have to do that too  (If you applied for an MTA NYC Transit, MaBSTOA, or MTA Bus Company exam that required and Education and Experience Test Paper (EETP) and did not submit one when the filing period for that exam was open, please download, complete and mail the attached form. Please note not all exams require and EETP form0

Archived