Which private line? (poll)

metsfan

Favorite private bus line before MTA takeover?  

1. 1. Favorite private bus line before MTA takeover?

• Liberty Lines Express
    • New York Bus Service
    • Queens Surface
    • Command Bus
    • Green Lines Bus
    • Jamaica Bus
    • Triboro Coach

Ok, I want to know which is the people's favorite private bus line before MTA Bus.

Liberty Lines Express

New York Bus Service

Queens Surface

Command Bus

Green Lines Bus

Jamaica Bus

Triboro Coach

Command Bus and Queens Surface were my favorites. Green Bus Line sucked the most, MCI Classics fell apart and their TMCs would look like garbage. Jamaica Bus Line had great buses well maintained. I cant say about the others.

Green lines for me! I had my first ever ride on an Orion V with them. I'll never forget it, it was on the Q35 in 2003, really awsome. Loved those RTS's and MCI classics they had. I liked that almost every driver on the Q35 had an lead foot back then, the B41 operators drove slow and it wasn't as fun to ride as the Q35 was. I also had my first MCI classic ride with Green lines, that was an amazing bus.

I also liked command even I never rode them but I always seen their buses in action. I the only that annoyed me about them was the B103 used express buses and not the GMC RTS's that the B100 used. I could have saved time taking the B103 on some mornings but I thought it had an 5:00 fare because it used the same buses as the BMs. I didn't know it was an local route until last year when I saw an 97XX RTS on it.

Most of the routes I live near are Triboro routes, except for one Queens Surface route and one NYCT route. Never used buses (and rarely do now) but Triboro was my "home" company. Queens Surface has a lot of bus routes I like. So I'll go with those two.

My favorite was Command, mostly for their comfortable RTS CNG suburbans. New York Bus Service also had an excellent maintenance record and was able to keep the fishbowls in service until the very end.

I also liked Triboro for the sole fact that no single bus seemed to have one complete paint scheme. They used to mix and match panels from buses with different versions of their livery (the old one was just a simple red stripe, the new scheme had the "lightning bolt" red and silver) and sometimes, they would leave panels unpainted with gray primer showing.

Green Bus Lines was by far the worst, maintenance-wise. They also had one of the oldest fleets of buses, a good portion of which consisted of 1985-1986 GMC RTSs that were way past their prime.

Nice photo but I don't get it. You trying to say that Command has bad mantinece or Command is your favorite bus company?

Green Lines, new look. Just try to picture them factory fresh waiting for route assignment.

- A

Triboro Coach was my home line. I live near LGA Depot, the former depot of Triboro Coach. I remember going into that small field across the depot and always see those red and white buses passing by.

More like limping along......

my favorites are Green Bus Lines and Triboro mostly cause i rode them the most lol

triboro's O5 CNG's are the best hands down

Say no to drugs and alcohol, error.....

Green lines for me! I had my first ever ride on an Orion V with them. I'll never forget it, it was on the Q35 in 2003, really awsome. Loved those RTS's and MCI classics they had. I liked that almost every driver on the Q35 had an lead foot back then, the B41 operators drove slow and it wasn't as fun to ride as the Q35 was. I also had my first MCI classic ride with Green lines, that was an amazing bus.

They still fly down Flatbush at night.......

I think all i have to do is post one image.

606-602.jpg

:cool:

- A

Sad part is those buses look better than most of Green Lines or Triboro's buses did.......

New York bus service and Command....you can actually ride GMC RTS and the RTS cng on the 103 often=win even after the take over, they started to put more GMC's on the line,that was awesome too.Couple months later ex triboro RTS cng came to the line, thoses bus were very unique on the 103....it's too bad the 103 isn't the best route anymore.

I liked most of the private bus companies. The only ones I disliked were Green Lines and Triboro. NYBS had the most reliable express bus routes (and the MCI's with leather seats). Queens Surface had the best express route (QM1A) and the Orion V CNG. Command had the RTS CNG and the real B103 (not the current cheap imitation).

Archived