Slant Update

R32 3838

Okay, 1 Slant set will be retierd tonight, The Other Set has to stay in passenger service until Thursday or Friday, Reason Due to Jamaica not sending those 16 R46's, I think one set has been sent tonight but the other 8 they will have to give it up by Friday, This keeps on getting more interesting, The Last Trip was 4370 south Motor, the Last Trip was to Far Rockaway, I think this Consist is the one that is going to be scrapped tonight while 4425 stays in service and Note They are all R40A Slants with 1 pair of original R40 Slants. Also For who that does not Agree with this Thead go to Subchat and They will tell you right there.

Okay, 1 Slant set will be retierd tonight, The Other Set has to stay in passenger service until Thursday or Friday, Reason Due to Jamaica not sending those 16 R46's, I think one set has been sent tonight but the other 8 they will have to give it up by Friday, This keeps on getting more interesting, The Last Trip was 4370 south Motor, the Last Trip was to Far Rockaway, I think this Consist is the one that is going to be scrapped tonight while 4425 stays in service and Note They are all R40A Slants with 1 pair of original R40 Slants. Also For who that does not Agree with this Thead go to Subchat and They will tell you right there.

YES YES YES!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

I didn't get a chance today to ride them, but I can today and tomorrow!! yay! :):):):););):o:tup::tup::tup::cool::cool::cool:

basically, I'm happy with the situation, to be put simply.

Yep, I was out all day long, I got the slant (4425) I also took that set to Rock park yesterday),at 9:00 in the Morning, when I get home I am going to edit my Slant Photos and Post them as soon as tommorrow, I rode the other set later on to Far Rock where they took it out from there.

you know this feels like the R38 when they were retiring from the (C). Remember that General Order from the (A) Utica to Jay, at first we were all getting to excited regarding the retirement of the R38 then we thought it was to retire before this G/O and wow the R38s were til in service. Now the same heat goes for the R40.

I rly hope they delay on the R46 delivery. no offence tho, but I love the classics. R40s are way better then the R46 even tho its time to let go off things, but hey i still love em :cool:

So when will the Slants retire??? I'm like seriously tired of traveling the entire (A) lint trying to find one to get a last ride, when I realize that it's run isn't the last one. At least they'll live another day, but I would really like to get an official retirement date.

Couple questions:

On the roster, 4388-4389-4390-4391 are striked out, but still blue. Is this a typo, since how can you have 4 cars in service?

Or is that the set in Rockaway Park Yard for training?

Couple questions:

On the roster, 4388-4389-4390-4391 are striked out, but still blue. Is this a typo, since how can you have 4 cars in service?

Or is that the set in Rockaway Park Yard for training?

for some reason, there was a glitch in the datasheet while i was editing, and it wouldn't let me change the color for those four cars to dark red, so i settled for the strikeout. i'll see if i can fix it now.

The R40 Slant fleet is planned to be removed from service on friday. Such has been the case for a while now. Yesterday was never intended as the last day of slant service.

In that case, I'll find a Slant on Friday, but I'm going to look for one right now then!

No luck getting on one, but I did catch one leaving Nostrand Avenue heading uptown at around 5:15. Basically put, at least we will all be given a final chance to ride an R40. Get your rides people!!!

R40 Slants were fun to ride on mostly on the (:P(N) and (Q). Those cars will be missed. I saw R40 slants on the (A)(;)(C)(D)(L)(M)(N)(Q6)(Q)<Q> and (W) In my opinion it was appropriate for the R40 slants to run last on the (A).

I agree. When the B used to go on West End, I remembered that every time we headed to my friend's house from the beach was in mid afternoon when the sun is blazing hot. I was so excited to get into the subway b/c every time, I would always get a slant with exceptional A/C on the B.

Archived