TOMC/Low Vs Comming on the (2)/(5) lines! This Month!

mark1447

Well as you guys may know, that the Nostalgia Ride will happen June 2009 due to the Congo Zoo celebration at the Bronx Zoo.

I went over to 207 yard a few times this and last week and I noticed that the R12 though R36WF are there to get paint jobs(Or stored for the moment). Then I noticed recently last week the the Low Vs are also there! Plus the R1/9.

So this week i headed to the museum and I asked what cars are going to be on the SMEE tour, Luz told me that the SMEE(TOMC) and Low Vs will run. SMEE from Grand Central on the (S) to E180th-Morris Pk Ave on the (2)(5) WPR Lines, unless you heading to the Zoo for that Congo thing, you will be dropped off at West Farms. Then at E180th we the Low Vs till some where on the (1) in Northern Manhattan and the Bronx..

So you will get to see both SMEE/Low Vs. Can't wait to head there =D

Also Luz just told me and limited people because all the foamers(Not people on this forum, just the ones who love trains too much) would start crap as usual~

I also spotted this info on NYCSUBWAY.ORG:

New York Transit Museum Nostalgia Train excursions offer an unforgettable nostalgic trip into New York's not to distant subway past. Board the historic rail fleet and let the experience of earlier train travel unfold. Enjoy the bouncy wicker seats, let yourself be cooled by old fashioned ceiling fans, and wave at bemused people in station platforms along the non-stop route as you roll by aboard our vintage trains.

Ride the Transit Museum's vintage fleet! Board at Grand Central, travel south onboard the IRT SMEE cars also known as the Train of Many Colors then north to East Tremont. Here, enjoy a tour with Arts for Transit artist Naomi Campbell of "Animal Tracks," and join the 10th anniversary celebration of the Congo Gorilla Forest at the Bronx Zoo. If you can't drag yourself off our vintage trains, we'll take you for a spin in upper Manhattan between East 180th and 239th Streets on the Low-V's!

The IRT Train of Many Colors consists of subway cars dating from the 1940s to the 1960s painted in a variety of paint schemes reflecting their eras in operation. The 1917 Low-V's, on loan from the Railway Preservation Corporation, were used on virtually every IRT subway line. They were last used in regular mainline subway service in 1964. They were later used in passenger service on the Bronx extension of the Third Avenue El until November 1969.

Saturday, June 20, 2009, at 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Nostalgia Ride: West Farms-East Tremont Station/Bronx Zoo

$30, Museum members $25, Children (5 - 17) $15.

Advance reservations and payment required by June 5, 2009 for reduced admission to the Bronx Zoo and Congo Gorilla Forest the day of the excursion: Adults $13, Children $10, payable by June 5. For reservations and tickets please call: (718) 694-1867.

This event operated by: New York Transit Museum

I'm kinda confused on the 180th to 239th. Makes me wonder if they are trying to say 239th Street Yard or on the (1), cuz there is no 239th Street stop on the (1)...

TOMC= Train of Many Colors, includes R12, R15, R17, R33(Mainline/Worlds Fair[in different colors+ Redbird), R36 Worlds Fair.

TOMC > Low-Vs

img88727.jpgimg19877.jpg

BTW whos going? Or gonna hunt them down?

Heh heh heh...the word gets out after all...

Well since now you all know, I wouldn't be spilling any beans at this point...but hopefully that means the fights over "who likes what better" will stop...EVERYONE will go home happy...

to those of you who haven't registered for the trips...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? you wanna talk about things that are overrated, chasing trains with a camera when you can ride them definitely is one. Get on board and get a seat, especially if you never rode the equipment before. The Lo-V's don't come out every year so this is a good opportunity if you've never ridden them. But Space is limited so book early and get your tickets and we will see you there.

Heh heh heh...the word gets out after all...

Well since now you all know, I wouldn't be spilling any beans at this point...but hopefully that means the fights over "who likes what better" will stop...EVERYONE will go home happy...

to those of you who haven't registered for the trips...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? you wanna talk about things that are overrated, chasing trains with a camera when you can ride them definitely is one. Get on board and get a seat, especially if you never rode the equipment before. The Lo-V's don't come out every year so this is a good opportunity if you've never ridden them. But Space is limited so book early and get your tickets and we will see you there.

yeah, hehe just had to, no offense lol, but only becuz it was on NYCS site otherwise i wouldnt....... Anyways I never rode the Low Vs, so would love to ride em, of course im a big fan of TOMC. Where does the Low Vs get stored mainly? NYCTM , CI Yard or other?

yeah, hehe just had to, no offense lol, but only becuz it was on NYCS site otherwise i wouldnt....... Anyways I never rode the Low Vs, so would love to ride em, of course im a big fan of TOMC. Where does the Low Vs get stored mainly? NYCTM , CI Yard or other?

Aside from the trailer on display toward the rear end of the TM, CI Yd

Can you still buy tickets for this trip or there is a deadline to buy the tickets? I wanted to go on this trip but I didn't buy a ticket yet, so is it too late? IIRC some people were buying tickets from the TM workers at the start of the 8/2 trip last year. If anyone knows thanks in advance.

Can you still buy tickets for this trip or there is a deadline to buy the tickets? I wanted to go on this trip but I didn't buy a ticket yet, so is it too late? IIRC some people were buying tickets from the TM workers at the start of the 8/2 trip last year. If anyone knows thanks in advance.

Yes you can still buy tickets. Call or go to the museum to do it. If you don't have time and you want to buy a ticket day of, tickets will be sold starting around 9:30 AM, Grand Central Shuttle platform at 42nd Street. Bring exact change if possible. The train is scheduled to leave at 10 so don't be late otherwise you will be left behind.

And, since I've said the above... before anyone asks I am not going to be the one to post the GO...if you want to know where to go - buy a ticket!

Yes you can still buy tickets. Call or go to the museum to do it. If you don't have time and you want to buy a ticket day of, tickets will be sold starting around 9:30 AM, Grand Central Shuttle platform at 42nd Street. Bring exact change if possible. The train is scheduled to leave at 10 so don't be late otherwise you will be left behind.

And, since I've said the above... before anyone asks I am not going to be the one to post the GO...if you want to know where to go - buy a ticket!

Ok thanks, I'm too busy to go to the museum so I guess I'll buy an ticket at the Grand Central shuttle Platform.

Archived