(5) To Flatbush(Midday) Signage gets Updated!

mark1447

Went to Atlantic Bklyn today and saw something nice:

30icnfb.jpg

I think some people might get confused tho cuz notice it says: To Flatbush avenue, Weekdays and Evenings... People might think it will run on Evenings of a Weekend, even tho for the (MTA) Evening is weekday service only, while Weekends is weekend service.. But what ever on that..

Of course the Dyre Avenue/238-WPR Remains the same with a nice <5> Hopefully that gets patched!

350jrc5.jpg

If you still dunno when the (5) Gets Extended to Flatbush Avenue during Midday Hours, Special Thanks to the Train Operator Trainmaster<5> who in a topic said that June 29, all (5) Run to and From brooklyn from around 6AM to 8:30PM(Both Rush Hours, Midday and Evening) From Dyre to Flatbush. Im also guessing the 238th WPR to Flatbush Stays the same for Rush hrs Peak?

Ill keep everyone posted for other signage, including Bronx and Manhattan!

UPDATE June 26:

All on the IRT White Plains Road(WPR) Line:

Saw at 174th and Jackson:

w8q1kz.jpg

Similar to the IRT WPR Line North of 180th. Manhattan & Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn

w2hk7l.jpg

(G) Train to Church Avenue Shots: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11118

30icnfb.jpg

I think some people might get confused tho cuz notice it says: To Flatbush avenue, Weekdays and Evenings... People might think it will run on Evenings of a Weekend, even tho for the (MTA) Evening is weekday service only, while Weekends is weekend service.. But what ever on that..

Of course the Dyre Avenue/238-WPR Remains the same with a nice <5> Hopefully that gets patched!

350jrc5.jpg

If you still dunno when the (5) Gets Extended to Flatbush Avenue during Midday Hours, Special Thanks to the Train Operator Trainmaster<5> who in a topic said that June 29, all (5) Run to and From brooklyn from around 6AM to 8:30PM(Both Rush Hours, Midday and Evening) From Dyre to Flatbush. Im also guessing the 238th WPR to Flatbush Stays the same for Rush hrs Peak?

Yes, the am and pm rush WPR trains to and from Brooklyn are still on the schedule. They probably leave the terminals a few minutes earlier or later on the new schedule but the service is still there.

Yes, the am and pm rush WPR trains to and from Brooklyn are still on the schedule. They probably leave the terminals a few minutes earlier or later on the new schedule but the service is still there.

Thanks but why doesnt the T/A allow WPR (5)s run down to Brooklyn during Midday too? Cuz of the (2)?

Thanks but why doesnt the T/A allow WPR (5)s run down to Brooklyn during Midday too? Cuz of the (2)?

Ima put my 2 cents on that.

I dont think they need two lines running on the same trunk line to the same south terminal. Most ppl on WPR(Bronx Pk-241) want 7th Av and the ones that need lex during the midday simply take the 2 to 180th for the 5.

Update: June 26All on the IRT White Plains Road(WPR) Line:

w8q1kz.jpg

Similar to the IRT WPR Line North of 180th. Manhattan & Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn

w2hk7l.jpg

More to come!

Evenings is quite misleading. The last (5) to Flatbush on Monday arrives at 8:21 PM, 21 minutes later than the last one to Flatbush arrives today. They stop going to Brooklyn at about 8:45. Last (5) from Flatbush leaves 8:21. That's not enough of what they declare "evening" on the map for the signage to reflect that IMO. But I'm glad they updated the signage regardless.

Grand Central again:

And Union Square:

i dont think u need to repeat the same ones at different station, as they are the same. Thanks and no offense meant

I got a few more, Plus the Bronx Bound versions in a few will load... + A Special (G) Train version, which ill make a topic, so plz dont use this for th (G) thx

Here are Some Dyre Versions:

Atlantic Avenue:

2sacac4.jpg

Nevins, TA replaced the old <5> version| This one is MUCH confusing! Why don't they indicate that 238th Bound Trains run Rush Hrs, not Middays/Eves:

21l96k9.jpg

To Flatbush at Pelham Pkway same for all Dyre Branch..

s4xph1.jpg

And of course Service Alert Signage on all (5) Stations

this one from West Farms Sq the bronx:

2hekjsp.jpg

Evenings is quite misleading. The last (5) to Flatbush on Monday arrives at 8:21 PM, 21 minutes later than the last one to Flatbush arrives today. They stop going to Brooklyn at about 8:45. Last (5) from Flatbush leaves 8:21. That's not enough of what they declare "evening" on the map for the signage to reflect that IMO. But I'm glad they updated the signage regardless.

Yeah for some reason the signage says that (5) trains will run in brooklyn all weekday (6 a.m. to midnight approximately) when in fact its really from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. approximately). Maybe there's provision to expand service to the evenings later on? I really don't know. But I am excited though, the (2) during middays suck.

30icnfb.jpg

350jrc5.jpg

UPDATE June 26:

All on the IRT White Plains Road(WPR) Line:

w8q1kz.jpg

w2hk7l.jpg

(G) Train to Church Avenue Shots: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11118

I wished They did this when the Redbirds were around, I never went to Flatbush ave on the (5).

Its about time MTA changed service on the (5) to make it less confusing. From what I'm reading the (5) is gonna run from Dyre Ave to Flatbush Ave all times and <5> runs to Nereid Ave PM rush hours except late nights when it runs as a Dyre Ave shuttle and weekends when it runs from Dyre Ave to Bowling Green.

Its about time MTA changed service on the (5) to make it less confusing. From what I'm reading the (5) is gonna run from Dyre Ave to Flatbush Ave all times and <5> runs to Nereid Ave PM rush hours except late nights when it runs as a Dyre Ave shuttle and weekends when it runs from Dyre Ave to Bowling Green.

That is not true, the (5) is not heading to Flatbush all time, i dunno where u get that.

This is how it is:

Weekdays:

Nereid Trains:

AM Rush Peak Direction from 238th to Flatbush(Sometimes to Crow Hts or New Lots)

PM Rush Peak, From Flatbush (Or Crown Hts or New Lots) to 238th- WPR(With Limited Express Service(E180th and Gun Hill Rd-WPR) to Gun Hill Road and ending at Gun Hill Road to head to 239th Yd)

Special E180th Trains(Early Midday): Express From Flatbush Avenue to E180th via White Plains Road Express, for Storage access at Union Port

Dyre Trains:

AM/PM Rush: To/From Flatbush Avenue(Or Crown Hts or New Lots) via White Plains Road Express Peak Direction

Middays: From Dyre Avenue to Flatbush Avenue (10:30 AM to 3:30PM)

So all this would be from about 6:30AM to 8:45PM(With last trains leaving brooklyn to Dyre, while some heads to Livonia or Utica for storage)

Evenings(8:45PM to 11:45): Dyre Avenue to Bowling Green

Weekends (6:45AM to 10:45PM): Dyre Avenue to Bowling Green

Late Nights(11:45PM(Weekends: 11:15PM) to 6AM about) Dyre Avenue to E180th-Morris Park. No All Times to Flatbush, that you can rely on the (2) or (4)(For Lex)

Thats how it is..

you will going to see (5) line run to Flatbush Avenue in middays

only the month of summer season. when fall season

start , (5) line going to be way as it is. i mean (5) line

will run to Flatbush Avenue in Rush Hours ,

(5)line to Bowling Green all times. except late nights

And how would know you its going to its original schedule in the Fall? I would love to hear this explaination!

it have do something to deal about people who go to brooklyn or

( go to coney Island beach or coney island to go to astroland)

during summertime. therer people who take IRT or BMT

to brooklyn for a reason during summer time ( that i can not explained)

so that why (5) line will run to Brooklyn ( Flatbush Avenue)

durning middays . ( just like Bx12 go to orchard beach durring summer) But i think (5) line will be restored back to service in september of fall season

the (5) line will not run to Brooklyn in Middays

it have do something to deal about people who go to brooklyn or

( go to coney Island beach or coney island to go to astroland)

during summertime. therer people who take IRT or BMT

to brooklyn for a reason during summer time ( that i can not explained)

so that why (5) line will run to Brooklyn ( Flatbush Avenue)

durning middays . ( just like Bx12 go to orchard beach durring summer) But i think (5) line will be restored back to service in september of fall season

the (5) line will not run to Brooklyn in Middays

Yeah how about no.....Bx12 +SBS+ and Coney Island have nothing to (5) going to Brooklyn mid-days!

You must be pretty sure of yourself because the line manager, superintendents,dispatchers, and train crews have heard nothing like that. The test was run before Thanksgiving for this schedule and would have gone in effect for the WINTER pick but there wasn't enough time to do it then. I'd like to know where this tidbit of information you seem so sure of comes from.

You must be pretty sure of yourself because the line manager, superintendents,dispatchers, and train crews have heard nothing like that. The test was run before Thanksgiving for this schedule and would have gone in effect for the WINTER pick but there wasn't enough time to do it then. I'd like to know where this tidbit of information you seem so sure of comes from.

Trainmaster5 pls pay him no mind b/c he doesn't know what he is talking about....he randomly post false or non-sense information to w/e train or bus thread!

Archived