A few interesting subway service changes for tomorrow 7/10/09

Abba

I got a few emails about some interesting subway service changes for tomorrow.

The main one is this:

(D) trains run in two sections:

1. Between 205 St and the 34 St (D) station

2. Between the 34 St (N) station and Stillwell Av

To continue your trip, transfer at 34 St

Weekday, Jul 10, 10 AM to 3 PM, Friday

Note: (D trains run on the (N) between 42 St and Pacific Sts

No (D) trains between 34 and West 4 Sts

Take the (F) instead

Note: (D) trains run on the (N) between 42 and Pacific Sts

No (D) trains between Grand and Pacific Sts

Special Shuttle trains run between the West 4 St and

Grand St stations

Take the (F)at West 4 St instead

(D) trains run on the (N) between 34 St and Pacific Sts

This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 718-596-8585 or (TTY) 718-596-8273, 6 AM to 10 PM for help with planning your trip. For more information click on the mta.info link in this e-mail and read station signs.

And also the (W) and (;) are suspended completely.

Any thoughts about this?

This is quite interesting, almost represents shades of the Broadway (D) train in the 1980s, except it operates along the West End Line now, so it'd look more like the 2001-2004 (W).

I wonder if they'll use the Yellow D then.

Good G/O might do it! But I dont think the (D)s would end at 34th St for the BWAY trains, it might end at 57th instead seeing that the (Q)s are using the Exp too. Unless im wrong..

And Im wondering if the (D) will stick with R68s or borrows some off CI..?

Also why pick friday? Doesnt make sense on a Mid week...

I guess for emergency track work. I'll be out tomorrow doing this GO.

That's horrible! I've always anticipated that if anything would go wrong, it would be the south side first since it wasn't the last to be reconstructed and that it had been rendered useless for a longer time than the north side.

That's horrible! I've always anticipated that if anything would go wrong, it would be the south side first since it wasn't the last to be reconstructed and that it had been rendered useless for a longer time than the north side.

That means nothing since track conditions are affected by many things. If you have alot of trains with flat wheels traveling over a section of rail for a long time, you will get a broken rail. Usually when they say emergency track work, it is because of a broken rail. Now I would be suprised if they were closing the north side because of a structural problem.

Of course, Im not in NY for this G.O. :mad:

When this G.O. usually occurs, the following service patterns are put into play:

(D) Broadway Express to Times Square-42 St; relay north of Times Square.

(N)(R)(Q) Broadway Local.

(N) Canal St-Bridge Station to 57 St; Local

(R) Whitehall to 57 Sts (Normal).

(Q) Canal St-Bridge Station to Midtown-57 St/7 Av.

----

The (D) will most likely use its Concourse R68s on both halves of the split line. The so - called DBdwyBig.png will not return, as there are only a few Rollsigns out there that include the Broadway DBdwyBig.png; However, you might see a couple, but don't expect to see a lot of them...

Expect Mad(ness) masses at 42 and 34 Sts, along with DeKalb Av and Pacific Sts...

The old (W) is making a comeback ! :cool:

Zach

Good G/O might do it! But I dont think the (D)s would end at 34th St for the BWAY trains, it might end at 57th instead seeing that the (Q)s are using the Exp too. Unless im wrong..

And Im wondering if the (D) will stick with R68s or borrows some off CI..?

Also why pick friday? Doesnt make sense on a Mid week...

When (N) was running Times Sq express when (R) was diverted, (Q) was running local.

I wonder if (N)(Q) is going to be local tomorrow because of (D) on Broadway?

I don't see any of these changes on the MTA website. http://travel.mtanyct.info/newtp/serviceAdvisories/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=ALL&date=07/10/2009&time=

These are the only changes I see for the (D):

(D) Coney Island-bound trains run on the (N) from 36 St to Stillwell Av

Weekday, 10:30 AM to 3 PM Mon to Fri, Jul 6 - 17

Trains stop at New Utrecht Av-62 St.

For service to 9 Av, Fort Hamilton Pkwy, 50, and 55 Sts, take the (D) or (N) to New Utrecht Av-62 St and transfer to a 205 St-bound (D).

For service from these stations, take a 205 St-bound (D) to 36 St and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (N).

For service to 71, 79 Sts, 18, 20 Avs, Bay Pkwy, 25 Av, and Bay 50 St, take the (D) or (N) to Stillwell Av and transfer to a 205 St-bound (D).

For service from these stations, take a 205 St-bound (D) to 62 St-New Utrecht Av and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (D).

205 St-bound trains run express from 145 St to Tremont Av

Late night, 12:01 AM to 5 AM Tue to Fri, Jul 7 - 10

For service to 155, 161, 167, 170 and 174-175 Sts, take the (D) to Tremont Av and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (D).

For service from these stations, take a Coney Island-bound (D) to 145 St and transfer to a 205 St-bound (D).

The (W) also has no service changes.

I don't see any of these changes on the MTA website. http://travel.mtanyct.info/newtp/serviceAdvisories/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=ALL&date=07/10/2009&time=

These are the only changes I see for the (D):

(D) Coney Island-bound trains run on the (N) from 36 St to Stillwell Av

Weekday, 10:30 AM to 3 PM Mon to Fri, Jul 6 - 17

Trains stop at New Utrecht Av-62 St.

For service to 9 Av, Fort Hamilton Pkwy, 50, and 55 Sts, take the (D) or (N) to New Utrecht Av-62 St and transfer to a 205 St-bound (D).

For service from these stations, take a 205 St-bound (D) to 36 St and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (N).

For service to 71, 79 Sts, 18, 20 Avs, Bay Pkwy, 25 Av, and Bay 50 St, take the (D) or (N) to Stillwell Av and transfer to a 205 St-bound (D).

For service from these stations, take a 205 St-bound (D) to 62 St-New Utrecht Av and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (D).

205 St-bound trains run express from 145 St to Tremont Av

Late night, 12:01 AM to 5 AM Tue to Fri, Jul 7 - 10

For service to 155, 161, 167, 170 and 174-175 Sts, take the (D) to Tremont Av and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (D).

For service from these stations, take a Coney Island-bound (D) to 145 St and transfer to a 205 St-bound (D).

The (W) also has no service changes.

I think this is to facilitate emergency track work, maybe a broken rail.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fire on the Manhattan Bridge

what fire?

And maybe this is an emergency G/O cuz emailers get G/Os that are mergency when not listed as reqular G/O

But why not do this over the weekend?

what fire?

And maybe this is an emergency G/O cuz emailers get G/Os that are mergency when not listed as reqular G/O

But why not do this over the weekend?

There was a truck that caught fire on the Manhattan Bridge yesterday. But that was on the South side of the bridge.

The track fire was in an area that was all concrete. What made the fire so bad was that it was a stack of new ties soaked in creas oil and a mix of litter. That happened years ago and this is not the cause of the GO.

I got a few emails about some interesting subway service changes for tomorrow.

The main one is this:

(D) trains run in two sections:

1. Between 205 St and the 34 St (D) station

2. Between the 34 St (N) station and Stillwell Av

To continue your trip, transfer at 34 St

Note: (D trains run on the (N) between 42 St and Pacific Sts

No (D) trains between 34 and West 4 Sts

Take the (F) instead

Note: (D) trains run on the (N) between 42 and Pacific Sts

No (D) trains between Grand and Pacific Sts

Special Shuttle trains run between the West 4 St and

Grand St stations

Take the (F)at West 4 St instead

(D) trains run on the (N) between 34 St and Pacific Sts

This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 718-596-8585 or (TTY) 718-596-8273, 6 AM to 10 PM for help with planning your trip. For more information click on the mta.info link in this e-mail and read station signs.

And also the (W) and (:D are suspended completely.

Any thoughts about this?

why da hell would they do this on a weekday???

but can someone also explain to me why the (:D train is scheduled to run via Brighton Local between Prospect Park and Kings Highway all week next week?

The (B) will be running on the local tracks.

We can't just be handing out answers left and right. :D Make 'em work for their food. Either way, the italics in my post were not accidental.

He wants to know, why....

im just curious, usually the (B) runs local when the (Q) is running Express on One side of the line. (not including the Avenue U and Neck Rd Construction)

Archived