New R160B @ 207th Street

mark1447

Went Rail-Fanning on the (1) line(Posting shots this week) and caught an R160B #9812, Im guessings its going to be 9808 to 9812 as 5 are delivered once?

2jcd2pw.jpg

Sry had to digital zoom as I only get 3x Optical and 5x Digital.

BTW(MTR, Fanrail, Kris) I kinda miss the old datasheet, the PDF version is kinda hard a bit, seeing that the car numbers are going in range instead of it being listed..

MTR-

Although I like the old datasheet style the best, I'll be able to live with car number ranges. However, the list of numbers view allows me to see approximately how much of the fleet is retired. I don't know of an easier way to represent that. Percent? The worst part is that the sheet is now updated only every 2 weeks instead of daily or near-daily.

Also, the PDF's are quite large for me and need to be saved to the desktop before being opened on my computer to avoid Acrobat crashes. Could you possibly make an HTML version or a PDF w/o the car photos?

MTR-

Although I like the old datasheet style the best, I'll be able to live with car number ranges. However, the list of numbers view allows me to see approximately how much of the fleet is retired. I don't know of an easier way to represent that. Percent? The worst part is that the sheet is now updated only every 2 weeks instead of daily or near-daily.

Also, the PDF's are quite large for me and need to be saved to the desktop before being opened on my computer to avoid Acrobat crashes. Could you possibly make an HTML version or a PDF w/o the car photos?

I will remove the pictures because that does take up space.

Yes, this will be updated every two weeks or so. Why not? We don't want to have a panic attack daily because something new happens. We're not paid to do this.

Ask Trevor who has his roster. Does he update it everyday? It's rather time-consuming and we are volunteering to satisfy the desires of the other people. Please don't ask for too much.

when was that taken? cause that set's been there for about a week now.

and about the datasheet. no one told me the exact date we were going to do the switch over so i was kind of caught off guard when it happened.

and my opinion is that the original sheet was better, even though it was pretty much me who ended up updating it daily. i kind of enjoyed it though. it allowed me to keep the wikipedia pages in sinc with ongoing information, and not have to wait every two weeks for a major update. but i usually don't get a say in this anyway, so watever...:confused:

and about the datasheet. no one told me the exact date we were going to do the switch over so i was kind of caught off guard when it happened.

and my opinion is that the original sheet was better, even though it was pretty much me who ended up updating it daily. i kind of enjoyed it though. it allowed me to keep the wikipedia pages in sinc with ongoing information, and not have to wait every two weeks for a major update. but i usually don't get a say in this anyway, so watever...:confused:

Kris had said he's switching to the new layout months ago.

The old sheet is vulnerable to security threats. Having a PDF with controls can protect the information. Well, it's not like the sheet has secretive information or some clandestine FBI material, but we don't want unwarranted users seeking access to mess the information up (i.e: foamers, fantasists).

The old sheet may look better since every car is listed, but there are numerous crossouts and stuff. You guys may be used to it, what about the other people? They don't want to refer to any colour coding or crossouts every time something is changed.

Honestly, I would rather update every 2 weeks. I don't want to have a panic attack every time something is changed, especially when something major happens.

Once again, we will not revert back to the older sheet. If you don't like the new one, I would make proper adjustments to the new one

Well... i posted this yesterday and I took it yesterday..

Where do I find an up to date version of the datasheet anyway? I usually find it by clicking on the datasheet link in Kris' or MTR's sig, but its like from December 21st or something.

I will ask Kris to streamline the process of updating and uploading. We will update it every week if there are major updates need to be taken care of. I am in the process of translating the datasheet to other languages so that other people from around the world would understand our subway.

So far, I've translated the thing into Traditional Chinese. I will translate it into French and will require a few members here to translate it into Spanish.

R32's are still regulars on the (R)! As far as the (E), it is no more except for a rare R40M/42 set, and the (V) has its share of them! 1, or 2 R32 sets are on the (V) now. It should of been that when the (V) was started in December, 2001 when the (F) went to 63rd St., that the older equipment should of gone there in the first place since it is not a full-time line to begin with!

Percent sounds like a great idea that I'll introduce in the next edition. The reason I update it every 2 weeks is because I have to send the new sheet to Joe Korman (owner of http://www.thejoekorner.com) and I don't want to bombard him with emails every day with the new sheet. Also, the system has quieted down since the slants retired, so there isn't much of a need to update it as often. I'll introduce a second version of the datasheet for people with slower connections as well.

Yeah, sorry about you not having a say in that...the thing is that you just updated the word file on Google Docs while I updated the actual file on my computer every time there was an update. Every time there were enough updates after a certain period of time, I would update the sheet with my version (which is what I still do with the new version).

Where do I find an up to date version of the datasheet anyway? I usually find it by clicking on the datasheet link in Kris' or MTR's sig, but its like from December 21st or something.

That was the old link. Click the link in my sig and you should be directed to a link of my new sheet.

Thanks. By the way, on Tuesday night I was rail fanning and I saw a R32 (R), so you should add that R32's do run on the (R)

I have, it'll be in the next edition coming out this weekend.

BTW, nice pic and catch Mark!

That was the old link. Click the link in my sig and you should be directed to a link of my new sheet.

I'm the process of creating a html version of the sheet. The way you create the original sheet makes it very difficult for me to convert it correctly for viewing on a browser.

Can you export to an html file?

Subway Datasheet

Archived