A word on creating "expansion threads"

MTR Admiralty

Many of us love to see our system expand. Many of us want to see better service levels, such as adding trains or adding lines. IMO, those threads are fairly interesting, but they are even more interesting if they have a lot of insight to them.

Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I prefer not to see a thread here about expansion or service changes turn into a thread like the ones found on RD. We are a separate forum, much different than RD. Therefore, we must provide more different approach when trying to create those threads.

To the NYCTF community, I recommend that all of you, whoever you might be, consider these questions when you think about system expansion or service level changes or new service implementation:

-Does it benefit the community on that line?

-Does it affect service on the other lines?

-How much will the new line affect the other services?

-Is there a way to mitigate disruptions or delays on other services?

-Is there a way to maximise the level of service provided on the line proposed and lines that the proposed line is interlining with?

I know many of us, or those of us, who start those threads only start them for their leisure. I know, very rare of them do get implemented. But sophisticated threads entail sophisticated thinking and can bring sophisticated discussion.

Many of us here say we think better than those guys on the MTA board. Say what you want, but if you say it, I want you to prove it. Show that you think better than those guys on maintaining the system and keeping it running. Show you are intellectuals and not cigar smoking money suckers, show that you care, care in a way that is much more sophisticated than them.

Therefore, I highly recommend that if you want to show that you have sophisticated thinking and that you are better than those officials, show it and mean it. I want this forum to be a good place for rich discussion, and I believe everyone else here does too.

Thank you for reading.

Good points, thanks for bringing this up. Fantasy maps etc are fun, but what is really helpful, and could actually become reality (and what railfan/busfan wouldn't like their idea to become reality) with persistent appropriate nagging of political leaders local groups etc till say the SAS is complete, or some other route you were thinking of. If it's a good idea, it should be done.

For example i'm trying to get rail service back to my town, will it happen next year? No, will it happen in my lifetime? If i try and keep bugging, it will.

:P

- A

Good points, thanks for bringing this up. Fantasy maps etc are fun, but what is really helpful, and could actually become reality (and what railfan/busfan wouldn't like their idea to become reality) with persistent appropriate nagging of political leaders local groups etc till say the SAS is complete, or some other route you were thinking of. If it's a good idea, it should be done.

For example i'm trying to get rail service back to my town, will it happen next year? No, will it happen in my lifetime? If i try and keep bugging, it will.

:P

- A

Yeah, I really like something to happen. But first, it has to make sense. Like if it entails digging a whole in the middle of nowhere, that's not going to happen, regardless. Plans that actually make sense and are convinceable will get attention (even positive) from the community and the polits.

O Boy this was comming after that heated thread look guys we all have excellent ideas yeh some are fantasy and some are fact sure we embrace our opinion and that's all it is we get heated at times but this is A forum where your discussion will be heard if someone don't like it fine let them move on to another thread but we have to get along .This forum really is one of the best of there to date and I'm glad to be aboard. I've noticed some heated battles in here and I gotta say sounded like fighting words but this forum is about Talk so go ahead with your ideas make em funny ,make em cool but don't kill eachother with disrespect A simple :)gesture would be safice .

I know one of you is gonna reply on this so go ahead that's what were here for to talk and read what we all know.Be cool peeps have A good one

:cool:(K)<R>(3)(Q6)(9)(9):cool:

I will be creating a transportation fantasy forum buried deep within the forums where I and a lot of other members can't see it (because we don't want to see it). All the outrageous suggestions that I've been reading will be posted there and there only.

There you may discuss things like, overhauling the entire transit system or pulling all the redbirds out of the ocean and restoring them to their prime all you want.

Thanks Henry for bringing this matter to light. :tup:

I will be creating a transportation fantasy forum buried deep within the forums where I and a lot of other members can't see it (because we don't want to see it). All the outrageous suggestions that I've been reading will be posted there and there only.

There you may discuss things like, overhauling the entire transit system or pulling all the redbirds out of the ocean and restoring them to their prime all you want.

Thanks Henry for bringing this matter to light. :tup:

Good concept, Harry! That way we can draw a line between what could be done and what is infeasible. There we can maintain good discussion on this forum.

:tup:

Thank god! I am tired of seeing we need this, that, and some other crap that won't work.

Archived