R160B Cab

Nature

Yea I saw the second one, thats illegal of course. how can a worker let these kids inside the cab? Its like the story about the Enginner letting a passanger drive on the LIRR(IF that was true).

BTW the second video disabled the Embedding watch it via here:

http://alturl.com/w687 [Will direct you to clip via youtube]

I made it a small link as it kept converting the URL into a Player, even if I used CODE bbcode

hmm? So if you ask a worker to allow you inside a cab by yourself its legal?

I thought it is? o_0

No, it's not illegal. It's against MTA rules and regulation but it's not illegal which is entirely a different thing.

No, it's not illegal. It's against MTA rules and regulation but it's not illegal which is entirely a different thing.

oh i got it all mixed around of course.. But isnt authorization required even if its against the (MTA) rules? Similar to crossing between cars..

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

oh i got it all mixed around of course.. But isnt authorization required even if its against the (MTA) rules? Similar to crossing between cars..

I remember on the final Slant ride there were some MTA personnel that were walking between the cars. The railfans walked via the platform but when the bell rang we followed the personnel through the cars and the train left. If cops were on the train they probably wouldn't have bothered us because we were with train crew.

If anybody violates and goes against the MTA's Rules & Regulations, then that person would be conducting illegal activity. If the person shot those videos without permission, its still considered illegal activity.

Last time I checked, the MTA rules & regulation were not approved by the New York State senate and signed into law by the Governor.

And? It doesn't matter if the MTA Rules and Regulations is not considered a law. Hell, the US Constitution states that Congress gives states the right to enforce and create its own laws. New York States follows the same pattern but to the MTA. Albany gives the MTA carte blanche on what rules they want. As you see, everything stated in the MTA Rules and Regulations must be adhered to. If anybody violates those rules, they could face a fine or possible imprisionment.
So If I, as a (hypothetical) employee, were to wear a pin, say supporting a political candidate; I would could face a fine or possible imprisonment? After all, it's against MTA rules and regulations.

rolleyesanimt2.gif

As long as you don't go out there and say run for yadda, yadda, yadda, then everythings fine.

No, everything is not fine. It's against MTA rules and regulations for an employee to wear any badge, pin or accessories that is not part of the official MTA uniform and since you've pretty much said that MTA rules = laws, well then I would be screwed since I would be facing fines and imprisonment. rolleyesanimt2.gif So make up your mind on what they are.

Why would you or anybody else would want to wear a pin supporting a political candidate?
Doesn't matter why. The point is that according to you, they would be risking fines and imprisonment since it's against the MTA Rules & Regulations which you say are laws since the New York State gives the MTA a blank slate to make what ever policy law.

Okay, let's not let this get heated. But I honesty don't think it's illegal for train crew to have non-personnel in the cabs, it's just not recommended. I see people do it all the time though. The cab door on the Slant was wide open and people were recording away as the driver made his way to 207th Street. But while not all supervisors care, some do, so they have to be careful doing this. It can get them into trouble, but when it comes to a legal issue, that's a different story.

It's one of those things that's not recommended, but people do it all the time. Like crossing between cars. It's very common to see somebody crossing between the cars while the train is in session.

Some NJT employers let me inside the cab and showed us how the train worked. He even let me start it up. This doesn't tell us that he's an irresponsible employee...it just tells us that he likes his job and wants to teach others about it.

So If I, as a (hypothetical) employee, were to wear a pin, say supporting a political candidate; I would could face a fine or possible imprisonment? After all, it's against MTA rules and regulations.

rolleyesanimt2.gif

Could the pair of you at least argue about the same thing? There are two sets of rules - one that governs customers and one that governs employees.

The NYC Transit Rules of Conduct do indeed have the force of law. See here for proof.

The Rules & Regulations Governing Employees of MTA - New York City Transit, Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority and South Brooklyn Railway are internal rules that are not laws. Violations of the Rules will result in disciplinary action against the employee, up to and including termination.

Back to the video:

They're in the cab alone, door closed, no train operator is watching over them, now you guys tell me that they didn't break in.

"Don't ask me how I got the video."

"Yo, get away from the door before somebody sees us."

And look at the comments in his YouTube channel, nothing but his foamer friends encouraging this type of activity. Well they are stupid enough to even let this video be uploaded in the net, and mark is *SPECIAL*, after all their faces can be seen at least a couple of times, and who knows, maybe someday they will learn their lesson if cops start to chase them down.

Could the pair of you at least argue about the same thing? There are two sets of rules - one that governs customers and one that governs employees.

The NYC Transit Rules of Conduct do indeed have the force of law. See here for proof.

The Rules & Regulations Governing Employees of MTA - New York City Transit, Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority and South Brooklyn Railway are internal rules that are not laws. Violations of the Rules will result in disciplinary action against the employee, up to and including termination.

Thank you of course the (MTA) Rules is also a law of the NY State..

when i was kid in teh late 70s ill never forget as a cub scout we went on a trip and a motormen on the (F) let us into the cab of a 46 and let us see how he operated the ttrain and the signals it was something i will always remember

This has gone from a topic about the inside of an R160 Cab immediately to a discussion about whats illegal and whats not and (MTA) rules and regulations.

so? Do you think what there doing is legal? I dont think so... He even comments at the youtube page he wants to be a t/o, like do u think he can become that by doing this? Him and his foamer friend.. geez...

Archived