Bronx area Local/Express Bus ideas for 2010 and or after the recession

Shortline Bus

Hey guys. Feel free to post ideas for improved Bronx express/local bus service for after the recession. This includes canning outdated and or low peforming bus lines. This is not from any letter i written just your 'realstic' ideas. Without further delay here my ideas.

Local/Limited services.

BX(1)-Would create overnight service with 1-hour headways between 1-5am.

BX(3)-Extend to Yonkers-Getty Sq. or if not possible run it to 262nd St-Van Corlandt Park station for direct transfer to the Bee Line Buses ie W-1 W-2 W-3. Replaces the BX9 along Broadway between 242 and 262nd St. Also new Hourly BX3 overnight service.

BX(4) runs via Westchester Ave between The Hub(149th St/3rd Ave.) and Pelham Bay Park. "Short trip BX4's" start/end at Westchester Sq. (6) train station weekdays and Saturdays until 8pm.

BX(5)also gets hourly overnight service.

BX(6)Westbound Terminal extended to 168th St/Columbia-Presbyterian Hosptial. Also BX6 should use artics as well.

BX(7)extended to Getty Sq.-Yonkers. If politics makes it impossible then why not run it at least to the Ludlow St Metro North Hudson line station. Reason: The dangerous u-turn at Riverdale Ave/263 St. Corner at the NYC/Westchester border. The BX 7 and BX 10 before the recession was proposed by Lee Sandler master plan to be extended to Ludlow Station anyhow.

BX8-Northbound terminal extended to East 233 Street-WHite Plains Road station via WP Road to access Our Lady of Mercy Hosptial and transfer to Bee Line W-42 for service to Mt.Vernon/New Rochelle.

BX(9)-Restuctured-Operates only between 242nd Street-Van Corlandt Park and 177th-Parkchester (6) subway station. Very few BX9 riders use this line the entire route between West Farms and 262nd St/City Line. This route is always late. BX3 replaces the BX(9)along Broadway between NYC line and the (1)subway station. I know this is controversial but on few times i railfanned the BX9 i only seen at most 1-2 riders per trip ride from 262 nd St-West Farms.

BX10-Extended westbound terminal to either Yonkers-Getty Sq.(Metro North)w/ political approval or Ludlow St-Metro North station-Reason: The dangerous u-turn at Riverdale Ave/263 St. Corner at the NYC/Westchester border. The BX 7 and BX 10 before the recession was proposed by Lee Sandler master plan to be extended to Ludlow Station anyhow.

BX11-Extended via Southern Blvd and East 174th Street to Parkchester-177th St. (6) subway station. Replaces the BX36 which travels along Tremont between WP Road and Boston Rd.

BX12-(Local)Expand Overnight service to 20 minute headways service 7 days a week.

BX13-Extend the eastbound terminal to help out the BX(6) to 163rd Street-Hunts Point (6)subway station. Also the (MTA) needs to promote this BX13 more for riders going to Yankee games as alrenative to (A)(D) subway transfer using the GW Bridge Bus station on Coach USA/Rockland Coaches or NJ Transit.

BX14-Reduced to operating as a shuttle only between Country Club and Pelham Bay (6)subway terminal. BX4 operates entire length of Westchester Ave.

BX15-Renamed the BX56 to avoid confusion with Manhattan's M-15. Route remains the same.

BX19-1) Extend the route via Fordham and terminate at Fordham Plaza-3rd Avenue. 2)Create all day weekday appx. 6am-9pm limited stop service between 149th-3rd Ave and 180th St-Southern Blvd. "Local' BX19 runs only between 149-3rd Ave and Fordham-Southern when BX19 Limited operates..

BX20-southbound terminal extended to Dyckman St.-10th Avenue to serve Dyckman public houses. Also create new Sunday service with 20-minute headways between 8am-8pm.

BX21-Extend southbound terminal to 125th St-Lexington station (4)(5)(6) lines. Provides an 24/7 alternative bus service for all of the South and Southeast Bronx communities for (5)(6) subway riders between Westchester Sq. AND 125TH ST. in East Harlem during 'g/o's and sudden shutdowns. "Short trip' Bx21's weekdays start/end at existing terminal at the 149th St-Hub.

BX22-Run the overnight route between Fordham Center(Valentine/Fordham) and Zerega Ave.

BX25-Extend the rou:confused:te and it westbound terminal to 231st Street-Riverdale Avenue via Goulden, Kingsbridge, Bway, and 230rd Street.

BX26-Extend the service hours Monday-Saturdays w/ last bus leaving Paul Ave at 1230am.

BX27-westbound terminal extended 24/7 to West Farms-Tremont (2)(5) station to serve Pathmark-West Farms shopping center on 174th via Morrison and 174th Street. Replaces the Bx36 service along 174th Street. Service to/from Simpson St/Southern Blvd (2)(5) station use the BX4 or (6) subway.

BX28-1)Eastbound terminal extended to Pelham Bay station. 2)Create rush-hour limited stop service along Gun Hill between Bainbridge and Bartow-Baychester.

BX30-Eastbound terminal at Bay Plaza via Bartow, Coop-City, Peartree, Conner and then existing route to Norwood-205th Street (D) station. Use the Bx25/26, 28 and new Bx37/38 for service withing COOP City.

BX34-Extend Northbound terminal to Mount Vernon East MNRR station via Mclean/Nereid Aves., West 5th Street and 5th Ave. ends at Prospect/Park Avs. Late nights BX34 ends at existing terminal at Katonah.

BX36-No longer serves 174th Street between Boston Rd and White Plains Rd. Uses Tremont Ave along this area. 174th Street service replaced by Bx27. The BX36 is always late due to fact it has IMO too many turns.* BX 11 and BX27 under my plan replaces the BX36 for 174th Street service.

BX37-New Route replaces the QBX1-Operates rush hours only between Pelham Bay and western part of Coop sections 1-3(Dresiser loop) Use the BX38 all other times.

BX38-Replaces the QBX1 Coop City section between Bay Plaza and COOP City Blvd. Operates between Dyre Ave (5)station and Pelham Bay at all times. Serves all of COOP City except rush hours. Rush Hours only serves Coop sections 3-6.

This extension to Dyre station also provides another subway connection for COOP City/NE Bronx riders and also helps relieve overcrowding at the Busy Pelham Bay (6) station.

BX40-Create rush hour limited stop service along Tremont between Jermoe Ave and Westchester Sq.(Tremont/Westchester Ave (6) station)

BX50-Renamed QBX1 and shortned to operate only between Bay Plaza and Main-Roosvelt transfer (7) subway station. BX37/38 replaces QBX1 COOP City service. In addition the BX50 loops in/out of College Point Shopping Center via 20th Avenue.

BX55-Restore 7-day service between Gun Hill Road and 149th-3rd Ave w/ 15-20 minute headways(alternative buses)7 days a week. Monday-Saturdays 12-1am & Sundays appx. 9pm-1am BX55 make all stops along 3rd Avenue. Since the (MTA) reduced Gun Hill BX55 service to weekdays only, almost 10 years ago, the BX41 has gotten overcrowded.

BX56-Renamed BX15 service. 30-minute headways between 125th St-Lexington (4)(6) station and Fordham Plaza via 3rd Avenue. Hourly (every other bus) service between 12nd Ave-125th Street and Lexington.

Bronx/Yonkers Express (MTA) Bus service to come. Feel free to comment/reactions?:cool:

I dunno how many bronx people will post, since there airnt many of em here :( , tho some people outside bronx know stuff here liek curake79 and so :P, but anyways.

I dont like the idea of the Bx19 going to Fordham Plaza, it may cause delays on fordham road and also will cut access to NYBG. How ever i made a map before on extending the Bx19 Passed NYBG into ether bedford pk blvd or WPR so people up there can getaccess to harlem as well as Co-op city and north:

______

2dtaa2a.jpg

(A) to White Plains Road and Allerton Avenue

(B) to Lehman College

(C) to Webster Avenue and Bedford Park Blvd

______

As for the QBX1 devided seems a bit to much, Id Just keep it one route or 2. And also the QBX1 is apart of MTABC, so then it would be converted into MaBSTOA bus by the Bx37/38 u say..

As for Bx40/42(you for got 42), id make Bx42 teh LTD From Jerome/W Burnside to East Tremond and Bruckner Blvd. Bc40 Local

Or even +SBS on that route as it gets packed during AM from Crotona Avenue to West Farms and possibility Westchester SQ.

Bx21 to Manhattan seems good, but a little too long tho, but still good!

Bx55 looks good too!

Id make bx25 LTD and Bx26 the Local on Allerton from The Concourse to Bartow in Bay Plaza, Bx26 as Local

Id leave Bx15 the way it is, since many routes in NYC uses same digits but uses different borough prefix. Like Bx14 and M14, Bx9, M9. Unless ou mean its confusing around 125th on 2nd/1st ave, yes a bit

W42 which ends at 233 on the WPR, Id extend to Westchester Sq, for customers of that area, and of course W60 extended to The Hub/149th but as a Limited Stop like the Bx55LTD running on the 3rd Avenue, Rather then take the (2)(5)WPR to Pelham Parkway or the (5) to Dyre!

I dunno how many bronx people will post, since there airnt many of em here :( , tho some people outside bronx know stuff here liek curake79 and so :P, but anyways.

I dont like the idea of the Bx19 going to Fordham Plaza, it may cause delays on fordham road and also will cut access to NYBG. How ever i made a map before on extending the Bx19 Passed NYBG into ether bedford pk blvd or WPR so people up there can getaccess to harlem as well as Co-op city and north:

______

2dtaa2a.jpg

(A) to White Plains Road and Allerton Avenue

(B) to Lehman College

(C) to Webster Avenue and Bedford Park Blvd

______

As for the QBX1 devided seems a bit to much, Id Just keep it one route or 2. And also the QBX1 is apart of MTABC, so then it would be converted into MaBSTOA bus by the Bx37/38 u say..

As for Bx40/42(you for got 42), id make Bx42 teh LTD From Jerome/W Burnside to East Tremond and Bruckner Blvd. Bc40 Local

Or even +SBS on that route as it gets packed during AM from Crotona Avenue to West Farms and possibility Westchester SQ.

Bx21 to Manhattan seems good, but a little too long tho, but still good!

Bx55 looks good too!

Id make bx25 LTD and Bx26 the Local on Allerton from The Concourse to Bartow in Bay Plaza, Bx26 as Local

Id leave Bx15 the way it is, since many routes in NYC uses same digits but uses different borough prefix. Like Bx14 and M14, Bx9, M9. Unless ou mean its confusing around 125th on 2nd/1st ave, yes a bit

W42 which ends at 233 on the WPR, Id extend to Westchester Sq, for customers of that area, and of course W60 extended to The Hub/149th but as a Limited Stop like the Bx55LTD running on the 3rd Avenue, Rather then take the (2)(5)WPR to Pelham Parkway or the (5) to Dyre!

On most points young man (mark) i agree. The only disagreement is extending the W-60 to the Hub. It already nearly a 90-minute-plus route between Fordham and White Plains.

A better idea for South Bronx residents IMO to get to White Plains and New Rochelle/Mt Vernon is expand the Melrose station including making it a full time 7-day a week station.

On most points young man (mark) i agree. The only disagreement is extending the W-60 to the Hub. It already nearly a 90-minute-plus route between Fordham and White Plains.

A better idea for South Bronx residents IMO to get to White Plains and New Rochelle/Mt Vernon is expand the Melrose station including making it a full time 7-day a week station.

i dunno if express bus would do seeing BxM4c already does that but for manhattan resdient.

And if W60 is too long, Maybe create a special Limited Stop Bus, which would run from The Hub via Southern Blvd to westchester Avenue(Or via Boston Road to E. Tremont) which heads to Westchester Sq and up Westchester to Pehlam Parkway and then Bay Plaza/Bartow Avenue for Transfers of the Bx12/25/26/28/29/30/QBX1. None stop after that to Boston Road and Dyre ave where it will head up to New Rochelle Transit center or White Plains

I like your plan, but there's some of them i don't like, Keep the QBX1 as it is, two bus routes ain't going to work.. Keep the Bx 19 at botanic Garden, Fordham plaza and Fordham Rd, too much troubles... Question, What time does the Bx25 start and end?

i dunno if express bus would do seeing BxM4c already does that but for manhattan resdient.

And if W60 is too long, Maybe create a special Limited Stop Bus, which would run from The Hub via Southern Blvd to westchester Avenue(Or via Boston Road to E. Tremont) which heads to Westchester Sq and up Westchester to Pehlam Parkway and then Bay Plaza/Bartow Avenue for Transfers of the Bx12/25/26/28/29/30/QBX1. None stop after that to Boston Road and Dyre ave where it will head up to New Rochelle Transit center or White Plains

Unless the MTA takes over Bee line there will never be a 'express bus' between White Plains and South Bronx. I doubt Westchester County taxpayers especially the rich people that never use Bee Line buses want to pay for something that Metro North Railroad already provides. Just being honest on political aspect Mark.:P

And even if the MTA took over, a bus line between the Hub and New Rochelle/Mount Vernon is only possible option.

Plus taking the (2)(5) train or BX15/55 or BX41 to the W-60/61 is an alternative option as well.

I like your plan, but there's some of them i don't like, Keep the QBX1 as it is, two bus routes ain't going to work.. Keep the Bx 19 at botanic Garden, Fordham plaza and Fordham Rd, too much troubles... Question, What time does the Bx25 start and end?

BX 25 Riverdale-COOP City route would still be a weekday only route and should operate something like 6am-11pm. It designed to give COOP/NE Bronx riders attending Manhattan College and Mount Saint Vincent an easier way to get to school.

Bx1: I agree

Bx2: Needs to be put back on 165/Melrose

Bx3: If you think the Bx9 is slow, you need to ride the Bx3 the way it is. Buses bunch leading to gaps in service with 2-5 buses being within a minute of each other after 10-20 mins of waiting. Leave it as is

Bx4:i agree

Bx5: not sure if its needed

Bx6: If you route the bus with the current routing then Riverside Drive-165- Bway 168 it could work

Bx7/Bx10: Turn around is fine, if anything the Bx9's turn around is far more dangerous. The Bx10 is long winded as is.

Bx8: I agree

Bx9: While I agree people don't generally ride the full route, this would force people to have to change to the Bx3

Bx11: Ill let someone else comment

Bx12 and Bx13 agree:

Bx14: At the point in which you cut a route back like that, it'll become another S60. Cut it back and combine it with the Bx29 (call it the Bx29 still) and run it from Country Club to City Island via Pelham Bay Park

Bx15: I don't see the point in a route change, I've never seen anyone get confused

Bx19: The last stop currently is horrible. I'd rather see it cut back to Fordham Rd. Lehman College is the only reasonable last stop you gave because you can't turn buses at Webster and getting to WP road via Kazimiroff/Allerton is hell.

Bx20: Can it NOW. Even with an extension to Dyckman, people wouldn't use it. the service is far too shotty

Bx21: Buses turning at 125/Lex in all that traffic isn't going to happen

Bx22: I agree

Bx24/M100: Okay now if someone could draw this on a map and post it that'd be great. Kill the Bx20, add M100 LTD service and extend it to 246 St like it used to do. Now with the BX24. Run it from 263rd St/Riverdale Av to Fordham Plaza via the Bx7 routing to 225 St then 225st-Kingsbridge-Fordham Rd. This adds another route helping out the BX9

Bx25: You have the Bx1 and Bx10 going to Riverdale from Bedford Park. Allerton doesn't need LTD Serivce at all

Bx26/27 I agree

Bx28 Pelham Bay is too much for that route and it needs all day LTD service. Locals end in Norwood and extend it the 1 block to Fordham Road

Bx30 Leave as is

Bx34: Okay

Bx36: The route would be fine now if the supposed LTD Service on the route actually existed. Your Change would work if service was added on the Bx27

Bx37/Bx38/Bx50: Bad idea

Bx40: I agree

Bx55 I agree

Bx1: I agree

Bx2: Needs to be put back on 165/Melrose

Bx3: If you think the Bx9 is slow, you need to ride the Bx3 the way it is. Buses bunch leading to gaps in service with 2-5 buses being within a minute of each other after 10-20 mins of waiting. Leave it as is

Bx4:i agree

Bx5: not sure if its needed

Bx6: If you route the bus with the current routing then Riverside Drive-165- Bway 168 it could work

Bx7/Bx10: Turn around is fine, if anything the Bx9's turn around is far more dangerous. The Bx10 is long winded as is.

Bx8: I agree

Bx9: While I agree people don't generally ride the full route, this would force people to have to change to the Bx3

Bx11: Ill let someone else comment

Bx12 and Bx13 agree:

Bx14: At the point in which you cut a route back like that, it'll become another S60. Cut it back and combine it with the Bx29 (call it the Bx29 still) and run it from Country Club to City Island via Pelham Bay Park

Bx15: I don't see the point in a route change, I've never seen anyone get confused

Bx19: The last stop currently is horrible. I'd rather see it cut back to Fordham Rd. Lehman College is the only reasonable last stop you gave because you can't turn buses at Webster and getting to WP road via Kazimiroff/Allerton is hell.

Bx20: Can it NOW. Even with an extension to Dyckman, people wouldn't use it. the service is far too shotty

Bx21: Buses turning at 125/Lex in all that traffic isn't going to happen

Bx22: I agree

Bx24/M100: Okay now if someone could draw this on a map and post it that'd be great. Kill the Bx20, add M100 LTD service and extend it to 246 St like it used to do. Now with the BX24. Run it from 263rd St/Riverdale Av to Fordham Plaza via the Bx7 routing to 225 St then 225st-Kingsbridge-Fordham Rd. This adds another route helping out the BX9

Bx25: You have the Bx1 and Bx10 going to Riverdale from Bedford Park. Allerton doesn't need LTD Serivce at all

Bx26/27 I agree

Bx28 Pelham Bay is too much for that route and it needs all day LTD service. Locals end in Norwood and extend it the 1 block to Fordham Road

Bx30 Leave as is

Bx34: Okay

Bx36: The route would be fine now if the supposed LTD Service on the route actually existed. Your Change would work if service was added on the Bx27

Bx37/Bx38/Bx50: Bad idea

Bx40: I agree

Bx55 I agree

Good points and you raise some valid issues in your reply. So why Q43 you opposed to splitting the QBX1? Only couple of riders per trip ride from COOP City aka Northern sections of COOP and Main St-Flushing. Plus right before the (MTA)takeover of the QBX1 and the former private bus lines, 4-5 years ago, the MTA and NYC DOT did a joint study of all of the former DOT lines.

One of the main changes was to split the QBX1 and run the main QBX1(Q50) between Bay Plaza and Main St. The other portion of the QBX1 would create a 24/7 Coop City-Pelham Bay shuttle bus similar to the B42 in Canarise.

Coop riders would benefit w/ all night service to the (6) train.

Reactions Q43?:confused:

Good points and you raise some valid issues in your reply. So why Q43 you opposed to splitting the QBX1? Only couple of riders per trip ride from COOP City aka Northern sections of COOP and Main St-Flushing. Plus right before the (MTA)takeover of the QBX1 and the former private bus lines, 4-5 years ago, the MTA and NYC DOT did a joint study of all of the former DOT lines.

One of the main changes was to split the QBX1 and run the main QBX1(Q50) between Bay Plaza and Main St. The other portion of the QBX1 would create a 24/7 Coop City-Pelham Bay shuttle bus similar to the B42 in Canarise.

Coop riders would benefit w/ all night service to the (6) train.

Reactions Q43?:confused:

I've noticed that more people have been using the full route. Another thing that I hate is if I'm trying to get from Co-op to Tremont I have to either wait for that one damn Qbx1 going to Flushing or take the bus and change at PBP. What I do want them to change is to combine the Sec 4 & Sec 5 rush hour routes into one route. Have the bus come from Pelham Bay Serve Asch Loop 1st (going through the loop) then Sec 5 then back to PB. Some changes are boudn to happen next month with ECH getting some runs on it

I've noticed that more people have been using the full route. Another thing that I hate is if I'm trying to get from Co-op to Tremont I have to either wait for that one damn Qbx1 going to Flushing or take the bus and change at PBP. What I do want them to change is to combine the Sec 4 & Sec 5 rush hour routes into one route. Have the bus come from Pelham Bay Serve Asch Loop 1st (going through the loop) then Sec 5 then back to PB. Some changes are boudn to happen next month with ECH getting some runs on it

Biggest issue of QBX1 from my times riding it is headways are terrible. Not to mention traffic from the Whitestone Bridge and I-95/Buckner. Shorting it to running between Bay Plaza and Main St--Flushing along w/ slight increase in headways would help alot. Frequencies would increse on a new QBX1 aka BX50 during busiest part of off-peak ie Saturday/Sundays between 9am-9pm and Middays Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Late evening service between 10pm-Midnight(last bus)can still have 20-30minute headways as ridership between Pelham Bay and Flushing is lite.

Being more specfic, headways would increase to every 15 minutes most of the time Monday-Fridays 10am-3pm and 7pm-10pm Saturdays 8am-9pm. Rush Hours reduced to every 12 minutes. 20-minute headways most of day Sundays and late evenings 7 days a week(every 30 minutes Sundays 7pm-11pm)until last bus leaving Main St. at 1210am daily.

Biggest issue of QBX1 is headways are terrible. Not to mention traffic from the Whitestone Bridge and I-95/Buckner. Shorting it to running between Bay Plaza and Main St--Flushing along w/ slight increase in headways would help alot.

Feel free to continue to comment on improving Local/Limited Bronx bus ideas i now list my Bronx-based MTA Bus express bus ideas. Warning. Some of my express buses propsals includes canning useless trips in the 'off-peak' hours to pay for the expanded Local services in the Bronx.

BXM(1)-a)Southbound terminal extended to Belluve Hosptial via 2nd Avenue, 23rd treet and 1st Avenue. b)Last Saturday/Sunday Southbound leaves

262nd at 930pm instead of currently 1030pm.

BXM(2)-a)Last Saturday/Sunday Southbound leaves 262nd at 900pm instead of currently 1000pm . b)Also last Saturday Bus leaves 34/6th at 1215am and Sundays/Holidays 1130pm.

BXM(3)-a)increase Satuday service w/ Manhattan Bound service every 30-minutes 730am-530pm and Yonkers-bound 215pm-915pm. This is also designed to replace the BXM4a weekend service. b)Reduce Sunday Service w/ last Manhattan-bound bus leaving Getty Sq. at 930pm.

BXM(4)(A)-Renamed the BXM4 and weekend service is canned. Use nearby BXM3 and BXM5(former BXM4b)service.

BXM(4)(:P-renamed the BXM5. a)Weekday service route is changed. Weekdays Only runs along Kingsbridge, Sedwick, Fordham, then along BXM3 route to/from Manhattan. Use the BXM4 weekdays for 'express' service via Grand Concourse. This change is designed to speed service for Woodlawn/Norwood riders.

:(BXM5 Weekend/Holidays operates along current BXM4b route via Grand Councourse.

BXM(4)-Kantonah 'super express' peak hour trips is renamed the BXM5x.

BX6-Reduced to Rush Hours Only-All other times BX10 stops at the Parkchester Oval as replacement.

BXM(7)-a)Becomes a 24/7 line with 90-minute headways 1am-5am daily. b)Replaces the BXM7a via Bruckner/Pelham Bay station on weekends/holidays. Weekend service is increased on combined BXM7/BMX7a Saturdays every 15 minutes 7am-9pm and every 20 minutes Sundays 9am-8pm.

BXM7a-Weekend service is merged with BXM7-Coop City line.

BXM7b City Island Branch-merges with the BX7a-Pelham Bay line. BXM7a City Island service is increased to every 30 minutes weekday rush hours (To Manhattan 6am-10am) and To City Island 310pm-710pm.

BXM(9)-Last Saturday/Sunday service to Manhattan leaves Layton Ave at 8pm. Also first Weekday Throgs Neck-bound service leaves 23nd/Madison at 800am. Other than that, BXM9 remains the service.

BXM10-All Non-Rush Hour service in both directions also stops at the Parkchester Oval (metro ave & Unionport)replacing BXM6 service. Saturday service on BXM10 increased to every 20 minutes from appx. 8am-8pm and Sundays every 30 minutes 12 Noon-8pm.

BXM11-Extened to Mt Vernon East MNRR station(Prospect & Park Aves) w/ short trip BXM11's still start/end at Wakefield-Nereid & WP Road.

New service for Western Bronx

BXM17-Runs Peak Direction Rush Hours only between 238th St-Broadway (1) station and 23nd St/Madison-Midtown. Runs via Bailey, KingsBridge, Sedwick, Washington/181 Street Bridge, then Harlem River Drive to/from Midtown.

Designed to serve Kingsbridge Heights, University Heights and Morris Heights and 'relieve' overcrowding on the (4) subway line.

Reactions?

I think most of these changes may confuse passangers. And do u mean BxM6 fro above or Bx6?

I think that the BxM10 should also be placed for a stop near west farms sq, as ther emaybe people around there who wan express service rather then using the WPR Lines. Why walk to or take bx21 to 180th st if its at west farms Sq/Boston road or near

in 2006 - 2007 (MTA) said there will be new bronx route that

called Bx50. ( there was chance Qbx1 was going to be renumbered to

bx50 ( bx50 route will be controlled by Gun Hill Depot.

Bx50 will go to CO-OP City to LGA airport

and wat happen to it now?

I think most of these changes may confuse passangers. And do u mean BxM6 fro above or Bx6?

I think that the BxM10 should also be placed for a stop near west farms sq, as ther emaybe people around there who wan express service rather then using the WPR Lines. Why walk to or take bx21 to 180th st if its at west farms Sq/Boston road or near

Did not (MTA) Bus renamed several local/express bus routes in Queens and Brooklyn ie BMQ1=BM5 Q65a=Q64, etc in last few years since the takeover?

If you talking renaming the numbers on the BXM Manhattan express buses, it dont think it be that diffcult.

Tell me Mark what of the BXM changes i propose is confusing to you and other Bronx riders?

Did not (MTA) Bus renamed several local/express bus routes in Queens and Brooklyn ie BMQ1=BM5 Q65a=Q64, etc in last few years since the takeover?

If you talking renaming the numbers on the BXM Manhattan express buses, it dont think it be that diffcult.

Tell me Mark what of the BXM changes i propose is confusing to you and other Bronx riders?

Nah BxM is not difficult to understand. Even tho X for Express bus (X25) should be changed by the boro.

I don't think Bronx Science would want the X32 anymore. There's already a private bus operator servicing half the school already. Most of the other Queens kids would go for the subway. Very few kids would take the X32. At most a 100, from my observations.

The reasons?

The private bus and the subway are more popular, schedules are much more flexible and more importantly, the students want to socialise more. I already asked the opinion of many of my colleagues, they seem to enjoy the (Vallo) bus more.

While there are benefits for using the X32 bus service, many of my colleagues overlook this. They shun the bus line because the student cards don't work for that bus line (it's express, duh). And to some, the thought of chipping $5.50 (now) each way is mind-boggling.

Sides, the X32 makes only 2 trips (one in, one out) on all 3 routes. Not very helpful. You may want to axe it.

The QBx1 doesn't need to be split... it already is during rush hours. All it needs is headway improvement.

Oh, and by the by, Co-Op City has five sections, not six. :P

It does split. For Co-Op City to Pelham Bay Park and From Co-Op City to Main St. Tho i didnt know only during RH?

And since QBX1 does this, id move it from CP depot to Gun Hill instead. Seems better of a home here in Bx since its more stops then QNS.

It does split. For Co-Op City to Pelham Bay Park and From Co-Op City to Main St. Tho i didnt know only during RH?

And since QBX1 does this, id move it from CP depot to Gun Hill instead. Seems better of a home here in Bx since its more stops then QNS.

It actually isn't split outside of rush hours. It goes from Pelham Bay, through Co-Op City via 5-4-3-2-1, back to Pelham Bay, then out to Flushing. In the opposite direction, it goes from Flushing, to Pelham Bay, through Co-Op City via 1-2-3-4-5, and back to Pelham Bay. Therefore, it's the same route, just in two separate directions.

At rush hour, there are three branches: The bus that leaves from Flushing that hits Co-Op City via 1-2-3-4, a solely 1-2-3-4 shuttle, and the Section 5 Shuttle.

I need a life. xD

It actually isn't split outside of rush hours. It goes from Pelham Bay, through Co-Op City via 5-4-3-2-1, back to Pelham Bay, then out to Flushing. In the opposite direction, it goes from Flushing, to Pelham Bay, through Co-Op City via 1-2-3-4-5, and back to Pelham Bay. Therefore, it's the same route, just in two separate directions.

At rush hour, there are three branches: The bus that leaves from Flushing that hits Co-Op City via 1-2-3-4, a solely 1-2-3-4 shuttle, and the Section 5 Shuttle.

I need a life. xD

I know you used to it (the QBX1)since you live nearby but that the most confusing bus route in NYC and further proof the QBX1 IMO should be split and netter headways.:confused:

I know you used to it (the QBX1)since you live nearby but that the most confusing bus route in NYC and further proof the QBX1 IMO should be split and netter headways.:confused:

It's not confusing at all, seeing as the designation sign spell everything out for you.

I have the exact codes on my desktop but just an example:

QBx1 Co-Op City

Sec 5

The only way someone will get lost is if they can't read the sign or don't have enough common sense to ask the B/o where hes going. Not once have I gotten a QBx1 and the bus ended up going to a section that wasn't on the designation sign in that order. The Co-op City headways are fine its the Pelham bay- Flushing Section that needs improvement

Archived