NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

There's like a dozen LFS threads everywhere in the forum so I decided to just make a single thread on both of them (since they're basically the same bus anyway).

Anyway, today I saw LFSA #1201 turning south on 96th and Lex at 3:56 PM. It wasn't in service and IIRC (I entered the station right after I spotted it) it had the SBS wrap. I had heard that it was on 100th St. routes recently and that it was testing on 86th St. yesterday.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but it's better to cut down on forum clutter and trying to find which thread you read a certain update on the LFS and you can't find the exact thread it was on. I mean look how successful it was with the NG thread.

I was watching NY1 when an LFSA artic cut in front of the camera. The unit didn't have the SBS sign on. Don't know what unit. Some report in Manhattan about the crane accident in 2008

I was going to write the same thing. That was on Monday I think. It had to be bus 1201 cause it was in the regular blue and white color scheme.

Eventually it will grow on me, but I won't be satisfied till The Orion Artic's start arriving!

Man the last thing we need is more Orions. We need more variety with this bus fleet. Orions's are alright but I'm tired of them right now, bring on the Novas!!!

1203 in Gun Hill Depot sporting +Select Bus Service+ scheme & Gun Hill Logos. 1201 in 126th Street soon to be testing on the M15 soon.

Thanks for the info.

Did any delivery start out this slow? Maybe because it's new.

Thanks for the info.

I would assume that but from my understanding, the MTA wanted to focus on finishing the Orion NG Hybrid order, now they are focusing on the Designline & NovaBus Orders. The LFSA order is fairly new so it'll be slow at first.

Great. It's easier for me to catch it in Manhattan than to go all the way to the Bronx.

Same here, I just gotta wait by Allen Street, since its 2 blocks from my place.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, MTA is new on this product. Testing to see some changes to make it road-able in NYC streets. So does NovaBus; trying to rebuild the relationship with MTA for 10 year absence (not including the MTA's B&T buses)

Looking right now, the same position as DesignLine's hybrids, a few units are in service and still testing... so was back 9 years ago Orion VII CNG buses. First Orion VII product of MTA which was delayed a bunch of times with test and modifications resulting in late delivery.

According to TTMG, 1204 is also at Gun Hill Depot. I guess MTA is getting ready to put more of them in service.

TTMG also states that 1201 is at 126 St Depot. I guess they are getting ready to test it on M15, eh?.

Now, there will be an open house of M15 +Select Bus Service+ on March 18 and 24, from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Are you guys interested to participate? I am, but I just don't have time.

The original (MTA)schedule (page 25) states that the LFSA's were intended to be all delivered by the end of May 2010. So if they stick to that schedule then they'd have to deliver 1-2 buses every day (which is possible, considering Orion did many more buses per day and Nova's done business with the (MTA) before). Either way they'll start rolling in quickly.

The original (MTA)schedule (page 25) states that the LFSA's were intended to be all delivered by the end of May 2010. So if they stick to that schedule then they'd have to deliver 1-2 buses every day (which is possible, considering Orion did many more buses per day and Nova's done business with the (MTA) before). Either way they'll start rolling in quickly.

May? more like middle of July at least.

Here's an update from Plattsburgh. I drove by the facility today and they had about 7 buses sitting out front. I am not sure if that means they are getting ready to be delivered but they normally don't have buses sitting out front like that unless they were having an event (or maybe not enough storage space). There was another 3 buses out back. I didn't catch all the numbers but the highest number I saw was 1211 which was on the end of the line.

Archived