R160 Find updates?

dmouse

Did they recemtly update the FINDs on the R160s?

I was on 9951 almost an hour ago going westbound on the (J) and two things were different about the announcements;

-121 St

Transfer is available to the (Z) (Diane (A)&(F)) Transfer is available to the Q10 bus to JFK airport.

-75st

It finally said "This is 75st - Elderts Lane"

They did update FIND systems on some of the R160's

The new program has an ad for EasyPayXpress metrocards and the "If you see something, say something" ad has changed.

Oh, and the night time routes finally have transfers ;)

The (W) also now announces the (1) at South Ferry. Which nighttime routes didn't have transfers? I took the (Q) from Times Sq to Atlantic-Pacific last summer on an R160 and we had correct transfers even going via Whitehall.

The (W) also now announces the (1) at South Ferry. Which nighttime routes didn't have transfers? I took the (Q) from Times Sq to Atlantic-Pacific last summer on an R160 and we had correct transfers even going via Whitehall.

Kings Highway (W) (and others I forgot ;))

Did they recemtly update the FINDs on the R160s?

I was on 9951 almost an hour ago going westbound on the (J) and two things were different about the announcements;

-121 St

Transfer is available to the (Z) (Diane (A)&(F)) Transfer is available to the Q10 bus to JFK airport.

-75st

It finally said "This is 75st - Elderts Lane"

Why would a (J) train have a transfer announcement to the (Z) train? Aren't (Z) trains just re-branded (J)'s that make the stops skipped by the (J)?

the (N) and (W) trains now anounce:

Female:Transfer is available to the (4)(5)(6) and (R) trains

Male: A free transfer is ALSO available to the (F) train by walking to the 63rd st station.

if i remember correctly, they never said that before on those lines...did they?

the (N) and (W) trains now anounce:

Female:Transfer is available to the (4)(5)(6) and (R) trains

Male: A free transfer is ALSO available to the (F) train by walking to the 63rd st station.

if i remember correctly, they never said that before on those lines...did they?

Hem, dunno about the (N)(W), but from riding the (4)(5), I do know the part about the transfer to the (F) was included. Then again people could just stay on the (N)(W), till 34th and transfer to the (F) there and save themselves the long walk.

Charlie Pellet is the male voice.

Guessing the (F) now says Transfer is available to the (4)(5)(6)(N)(R)(W) by walking to the lexington Ave 59st station

It's says that minus the walking part.

Diane: This is Lexington Avenue - 63rd Street

Catherine: Transfer is available to the 4, 5, 6, N, R and W trains.

Last time I heard it on the R142A (4), it was

A free transfer is also avaliable to the (F) train by walking to the 63rd Street - Lexington Av Station by using your MetroCard

And heres a video to show proof

They installed it last year, I think. It's up for a while. Sometimes Charlie gets cut off.

It's says that minus the walking part.

Diane: This is Lexington Avenue - 63rd Street

Catherine: Transfer is available to the 4, 5, 6, N, R and W trains.

In reverse of the R142s, here's how it should be:

This is Lexington Avenue - 63 Street. A free transfer is available to the (4), (5), (6), (N), (R), and (W) trains by walking to the Lexington Avenue-59 Street Station and using your Metrocard.

OK, will there be an obvious installation of the (E) to 34th St.-Herald Square G.O.? C/Rs have a time with that. They can get it to say "Will not stop" only for the stops between 34th and 2 Av. I hope that's in the update.

OK, will there be an obvious installation of the (E) to 34th St.-Herald Square G.O.? C/Rs have a time with that. They can get it to say "Will not stop" only for the stops between 34th and 2 Av. I hope that's in the update.

Can they make it "will not stop" at 2 Av itself?

Can they make it "will not stop" at 2 Av itself?

From what I've seen, they can't apparently. Every (E) I was on yesterday either had the full program or the "Will Not Stop" at 23rd, 14th, W 4th and B'way-Lafayette, but not 2nd Av.

I was wondering too, because I've seen a comparison on the (6), where there seems to be a program to St. Lawrence Av for the Parkchester G.O. where the displays say St. Lawrence Av, but the announcements say "This is a Parkchester-bound (6) local." [at least in Manhattan] I'm wondering if those programs are actually Parkchester programs with Parkchester knocked out (or the R142A version of the "will not stop," whatever it is), making the displays say "St. Lawrence Av" instead of Parkchester. If that could be done with these (E) programs [knocking out the LAST stop so that another station on the train becomes the destination on the displays, preferably 34th St], we would only have the problem of the announcements being wrong, like the (6) does. The displays would be fixed. If it isn't able to be done, well then hopefully they make a program for 34th St-Herald Sq soon since this G.O. has popped up often enough that it seems to be warranted.

From what I've seen, they can't apparently. Every (E) I was on yesterday either had the full program or the "Will Not Stop" at 23rd, 14th, W 4th and B'way-Lafayette, but not 2nd Av.

I was wondering too, because I've seen a comparison on the (6), where there seems to be a program to St. Lawrence Av for the Parkchester G.O. where the displays say St. Lawrence Av, but the announcements say "This is a Parkchester-bound (6) local." [at least in Manhattan] I'm wondering if those programs are actually Parkchester programs with Parkchester knocked out (or the R142A version of the "will not stop," whatever it is), making the displays say "St. Lawrence Av" instead of Parkchester. If that could be done with these (E) programs [knocking out the LAST stop so that another station on the train becomes the destination on the displays, preferably 34th St], we would only have the problem of the announcements being wrong, like the (6) does. The displays would be fixed. If it isn't able to be done, well then hopefully they make a program for 34th St-Herald Sq soon since this G.O. has popped up often enough that it seems to be warranted.

They should do it now, especially since they're updating the FINDs for the (M)(Q) and new videos.

Archived