2010 NFL Predictions, Preseason, Regular Season and Annoucer Assingments Thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

Being that Training Camp has started for some teams it's time to talk football for the 2010 season and the run to Super Bowl 45. Coming from a true football fan the CBS/FOX announcer assingments matter a lot so let's be sure to discuss that in the thread as well. the506 is a great site that post the TV distribution maps and announcer assingmnets each week. I will provide the link come September and it will be a basis for most of our discussion.

My Predictions

AFC East-

1.New York Jets(13-3, This team is loaded with talent and is ready to take over the AFC after nearly winning it last season.)

2. New England Patriots(10-6, Their defense has weaknesses but does not perform below average and the offense will be good enough for them to make the playoffs again.)

3. Miami Dolphins(8-8, Chad Henne will be an average quarterback and their defense will dissapoint without Jason Taylor and Joey Porter.)

4. Buffalo Bills(4-12, The division will feast on a Buffalo team with a decent backfield and defensive line and below average everywhere else.)

AFC North-

1.Cincinatti Bengals(10-6, T.O. and Ochocinco will be big targets in the pass game and will negate the decline im expecting defensively.)

1.Baltimore Ravens(10-6, The defense does not have Ed Reed for 6 games and this team faces a tough schedule. They can win 10 games with the talent they have but will struggle to do so.)

3.Pittsburgh Steelers(7-9, Big Ben is suspended, Holmes is gone, the rest of the division is better and because of that I predict a losing season from the Steelers, the first in a long time.)

4.Cleveland Browns(3-13, This team is AWFUL.)

AFC South-

1.Indianapolis Colts(12-4, They still have Peyton Manning and most of the defense in tact. A couple of division games bring down the record this year but it's still good enough to win 12 and get a bye in the playoffs.)

2.Houston Texans(9-7, What makes this year's 9-7 better than last year's is that they will beat the Colts this time. They have come close and lost every time in recent years.)

3. Tennessee Titans(7-9, Team is built similar to the Steelers, scrambling QB, good running game, hard nose defense and the Steelers have more talent than the Titans. Chris Johnson's running gives them some wins they shouldn't get to have them even with the Steelers at season's end.)

4.Jacksonville Jaguars(6-10, This team does not have many standouts and reached it's peak in 2007 with the 11-5 season.)

AFC West-

1.San Diego Chargers(11-5, Rivers and Sproles' talent along with some strong defensive play allows this team to continue it's AFC West success.)

2.Denver Broncos(6-10, This team will struggle to win without a deep threat at Wide Reciever)

4. Kansas City Chiefs(5-11, They rebuilt and are still rebuilding.)

4. Oakland Raiders(5-11, This team is made to lose 11 games again, they have a good defense each year and still lose.)

NFC East-

1.Dallas Cowboys(12-4, This team will be hard to beat with an offense coming into strong form and a defense with big playmakers.)

2.New York Giants(10-6, An improved defense will be motivated to overcome an embarrasing season in 2009 and Eli Manning will develop more chemistry with the wideouts.)

3.Washington Redskins(8-8, Better coach + Better QB= Better record, Not so fast on playoffs however.)

4.Philadelphia Eagles(5-11, Westbrook alone will not be able to stop a losing seaon. Let's face it Kevin Kolb and Micheal Vick are both unproven QB's with only one major weapon at wide reciever.)

NFC North-

1.Green Bay Packers(13-3, This is the team to beat in the NFC. They have talent in all of the key positions and Brett Favre got a year older making things harder for the Vikings.)

2. Minnesota Vikings(9-7, A miracle year from Favre made an average offense with a great runningback look great. This year the Vikings fall down to earth.)

3. Chicago Bears(9-7, Culter throws his arm off to get the Bears above .500)

4.Detroit Lions(4-12, This team is improving but will not do so fast enough.)

NFC South-

1.New Orleans Saints(11-5, The feel-good story of the NFL and defending Super Bowl Champs will be able to win 11 games with ease because of the subpar teams in this division.)

2.Atlanta Falcons(10-6, They will be a wild card team with a healthy Micheal Turner and Matt Ryan's arm.)

3.Carolina Panthers(6-10, The running game will fail to live to expectations and the loss of Julius Peppers will hurt.)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(3-13, An inexperienced QB combined with an aging defense is a recipe for few wins.)

NFC West-

1.San Fransisco 49ers(10-6, Gore's stout running, Singletary's coaching and maturity from Alex Smith will pay off this season as the 49ers win this division which is in a down year.)

2.Arizona Cardinals(8-8, Matt Lineart will step up but this team lost way too much this offseason to compete for the playoffs.)

3.Seattle Seahawks(6-10, This team has lost the luster it had 3 years ago and will put in another below average showing this year.)

4.St. Louis Rams(2-14, May I say 1st pick in the draft again.)

Super Bowl Pick- Jets defeat Packers 24-17

I said what I have to say now you guys have the floor. This should be an exciting football season.

Westbrook was released by the Eagles. You might be thinking of Desean Jackson or LeSean McCoy.

Do you post at the506? I post there as Newyorkeaglesfan.

Oh and as for announcer assignments, Cards-Rams in Week 1 will NOT be called by Buck-Aikman (506 innie).

Westbrook was released by the Eagles. You might be thinking of Desean Jackson or LeSean McCoy.

Do you post at the506? I post there as Newyorkeaglesfan.

Oh and as for announcer assignments, Cards-Rams in Week 1 will NOT be called by Buck-Aikman (506 innie).

I do not post on their forum but I do look at the TV maps each week. Who on earth said Cards-Rams would be called by Buck-Aikman? If the worst team in the league and a less talented Arizona team warrants the lead game on FOX doubleheader day there's a problem with FOX not the schedule.

I do not post on their forum but I do look at the TV maps each week. Who on earth said Cards-Rams would be called by Buck-Aikman? If the worst team in the league and a less talented Arizona team warrants the lead game on FOX doubleheader day there's a problem with FOX not the schedule.

jw72093 i think this is very early for the thread. I am also a big NFL fan(baseball is my 1st love in sports)and maybe it's your favorite sport.. The reason why i think it's early to make this topic is because of injuries during training camp.

Remember prior to the 2001 season, the jets were also a trendy pick to at least go deep in playoffs. they lost then qb chad prior to start of regular season. Ditto prior to 1983 as well w/ then qb richard todd and great 'ny sack exchange' as prior year they made the 1982 AFC title game in strike shortned season to the Fish.

Also guys be aware that after this season, the 2011 nfl season could be lost due to possible strike/lockout as well.

Some crazy poster there came up with the theory that should be the main game because of Sam Bradford's debut. Of course, Packers-Eagles will be the main 4:15 game.

BTW, JP is the man!

Guest Charles

There's nothing wrong with Cards-Rams being the featured game. St. Louis has a new franchise QB and Steven Jackson. It's also a new era for the Cards. It's also a divisional game, which always draws attention. Also, St. Louis is not the worst team this year -- off the top of my head I know the Bucs are worse -- they have no QB to begin with...

I don't think the Rams can get any worse. Since going 8-8, the Rams have finished 3-13, 2-14 and 1-15. The Chiefs also have had a bad three seasons since going 9-7: 4-12, 2-14, and 4-12.

I think the NFC West will be between the Cardinals and 49er's with the Seahawks a small possibility.

The Raiders are on a seven year losing streak, I think the AFC West will be between the Chargers and Broncos with the Raiders a very small possibility.

The Colts have turned themselves into kind of an elite team - eight winning seasons and ten of the past eleven - 10-6 was the Colts' worst (in 2002).

For three of the next four years, the Super Bowl is heading north - Arlington, Texas (Super Bowl XLV), Indianapolis (Super Bowl XLVI) and The Meadowlands (Super Bowl XLVII). However, the Pro Bowl will be played at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii on the Sunday before Super Bowl XLV.

Guest Charles

Actually though, I think the Rams aren't as bad as they look. Yeah, a new QB, straight out of surgery, but he's got his hype. And the Rams of course have Jackson and a fairly solid offensive line. Bradford might repeat what Flacco & Ryan did two years ago -- if you look, it's kinda similar in which all 3 QBs were new, but had good RBs and mediocre WRs (though Ryan did have Roddy White). Plus, since the NFC west is such a terrible division, the Rams can eke out maybe 2 wins. Also, the Rams have a fairly light schedule, playing TB, Detroit, KC, and Oakland...which reminds me...

Oakland...

Oakland might actually be the 2nd most horrible team this year...poor Nnamdi Asomugha, running a one-man show down there, why Al Davis still isn't gone bewilders me.

There's nothing wrong with Cards-Rams being the featured game. St. Louis has a new franchise QB and Steven Jackson. It's also a new era for the Cards. It's also a divisional game, which always draws attention. Also, St. Louis is not the worst team this year -- off the top of my head I know the Bucs are worse -- they have no QB to begin with...

But you know how much FOX LOVES the NFC East...

But you know how much FOX LOVES the NFC East...

With all the juicy storylines this year in the NFC East(McNabb trade, Shannahan coaching the Skins, Vick's expanded role for the Eagles, Dallas possibly hosting the Super Bowl, Giants have not had a losing season since the shift of MNF to ESPN) expect the love to be stronger. I predict Dallas gets the A or B team EVERY time they're on FOX and the division games also getting the A or B team 9 times out of 10. You know NBC has to air Dallas and the Giants at least.

TO's on the Bengals! He's my favorite player in the NFL. As for the local teams, both the Jets and Giants have overrated QB's. I don't see the Giants winning more than 7 games. I can't make a solid prediction with the Jets. It depends on too many variables.

JW you never replied & answered my PM and question? Again guys making picks at start of summer camps and no warm ups woops being politically correct or else the TV networks would sue lol "Pre season"(I hate that phrase created by former NFL Boss Pete Rozelle)lets not forgot about injuries. That why i personally hold off on picks until a week or so before the regular season starts. JW you want to be a future NFL announcer LOL since you so focused on that aspect.

Also any reactions to the Bengals signing "TO" aka Terrel Owens? The Bengals, Cowboys and Jets will get most of the media attention at least for the first few weeks of the regular season.

With all the juicy storylines this year in the NFC East(McNabb trade, Shannahan coaching the Skins, Vick's expanded role for the Eagles, Dallas possibly hosting the Super Bowl, Giants have not had a losing season since the shift of MNF to ESPN) expect the love to be stronger. I predict Dallas gets the A or B team EVERY time they're on FOX and the division games also getting the A or B team 9 times out of 10. You know NBC has to air Dallas and the Giants at least.

Plus all the NFC East cities are large market sizes.

Brett Favre is at again playing the 'diva' game and whether to play again at 40-something years old.

And for the 4rd staright NFL trainning camp ESPN is going crazy on this.

How nice?

Should not the Ravis holdout w/ the Jets considered by most in the NFL the best CB in NFL right now get more coverage?

Revis is acting like a little girl. He gets a little popular and all of a sudden he thinks he's this big star.

While Revis has acted like a diva, the Jets deserve almost all of the heat IMO for canning his recent contract which still had a year or two on it before it expired and trying to make a new one.

Guest Charles

TO & Ochocinco together in Cincy...Im going to watch all the Bengals games this year just for all the TD antics lol.

Can't blame Favre though, if he don't come back who's going to call the offense? Jackson or Rosenfels? Be honest, Favre's at least better than those two QBs.

TO & Ochocinco together in Cincy...Im going to watch all the Bengals games this year just for all the TD antics lol.

Can't blame Favre though, if he don't come back who's going to call the offense? Jackson or Rosenfels? Be honest, Favre's at least better than those two QBs.

That why by next draft in spring 2011, assuming Favre returns, the Vikings need to get another QB asap for the future. They even let 'Diva' Brett have input as well.B)

Guest Charles
That why by next draft in spring 2011, assuming Favre returns, the Vikings need to get another QB asap for the future. They even let 'Diva' Brett have input as well.:)

Although Favre is good, hmm, I don't know how to possibly else word this, but, Brad Childress needs to stop dickriding...on one hand he's acknowledging Favre's "surgery isn't healing as he hoped" yet simultaneously he's holding talks with him about a contract. Yeah Favre's a guy who should get some respect, but this?

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Farve needs to retire already...

...Patriots is my favorite team and I'm having doubts. I say they gonna make it to the playoffs and that's about it

• 3 weeks later...

With the pre season thankfully about to end and the season begins in 2 weeks, here are my 2010 picks.

American Conference

East

Pats

Dolphins

Jets

Bills

West

Chargers

Broncos

Raiders

Chiefs

North