A div car assignments 1999

trainfan22

Does anyobdy know what type of cars the (6) line used in 1999? If the R62As were on the (3) line and the greatbirds were on the (2)(5) and (7) lines. Then what did the (6) line used? I dont think the MTA had enough greatbirds to cover the (6) line service. Im really confued as to what cars were on what lines but i think it was something like this

(2) R33s R29S

(4) R33s R62s?

(5) R26s R28s

(6) ??????

(7) R33ML R36WF

Plaese correct me if im wrong but im really interesed what the car assingments were.

Does anyobdy know what type of cars the (6) line used in 1999? If the R62As were on the (3) line and the greatbirds were on the (2)(5) and (7) lines. Then what did the (6) line used? I dont think the MTA had enough greatbirds to cover the (6) line service. Im really confued as to what cars were on what lines but i think it was something like this

(2) R33s R29S

(4) R33s R62s?

(5) R26s R28s

(6) ??????

(7) R33ML R36WF

Plaese correct me if im wrong but im really interesed what the car assingments were.

(1)/(9) R62A

(2) R33ML

(3) R62A

(4) R62, R33ML's

(5) R26, R28, R29, R33ML's, and the occasional R62A

(6) R29, R36, and R62A

(7) R36ML/WF, R33WF's

(S) R62A

IIRC, the (2) was a "redbird mutt" just like the (5) because I remember redbirds with the drop sash windows on the (2) as well as the (5).

I remember riding that R62A on the (5) too.

I miss the days that those redbirds would roam up and down the Lex. :rolleyes:

Grrr how come everyone has seen this infmous R62A (5) train but me? does this R62A (5) train still extist? All i have ever seen in my lifetime on the (5) was greatbirds and R142s!!!!

Back in 99 it was one 10 car set assigned to the (5), it was that way for a few years. Now the entire (5) line is R142's though...

Only R62A's are on the (1), (7), and (S) these days...

The R62A (5) Trains were awesome! Those I miss.

I miss the R33's on the (2) more than any others. I can see the elevated (2)/(5) in the Bronx from my bedroom window, and I used to love to watch the Redbirds (particularly the downtown-bound ones, for some reason), from my room when I was little.

How can you tell the R142 apart from the R142A?

The easiest way, is by looking at the car numbers and the builders.

R142 (Built by Bomardier): Car numbers 1101-1250, 6301-7180

R142A (Built by Kawasaki): Car numbers 7209-7810 (with 7731-7810 being R142S cars)

Grrr how come everyone has seen this infmous R62A (5) train but me? does this R62A (5) train still extist? All i have ever seen in my lifetime on the (5) was greatbirds and R142s!!!!

well isaw it because i used to take it to school in the bronx, and they would run it n the Dyre Ave shuttle

I miss the R33's on the (2) more than any others. I can see the elevated (2)/(5) in the Bronx from my bedroom window, and I used to love to watch the Redbirds (particularly the downtown-bound ones, for some reason), from my room when I was little.

I miss those R33s on the (2) line too. But i also miss the R26/28s also and the R36s i had the most fun riding those cars than any other car class. I used to love to go to flatbush ave station and hear those R33s motors warming up and the roll signs looked so cool i really miss those cars.

How can you tell the R142 apart from the R142A?

The R142s have really loud HAVC noise and a three pitch popusion sound and bucks when switching gears.

R142As has an popusion sound which sounds like the train is humming and which is also sounds really annoying. And it bucks worse than the R142s you always hear a big dosssssh and then the popusion sounds start.

The R142s have really loud HAVC noise and a three pitch popusion sound and bucks when switching gears.

R142As has an popusion sound which sounds like the train is humming and which is also sounds really annoying. And it bucks worse than the R142s you always hear a big dosssssh and then the popusion sounds start.

Yeah, and the screeching brakes of the R32 are too cool to be annoying, right?

AdTranz propulsion sounds very similar to Siemens propulsion. I thought you thought Siemens trains sounded cool.

And every single R32 Phase II has screeching brakes. If not, then 95%. Even some Phase I R32s screech, or make sounds similar to the R160 when the train brakes too hard.

AdTranz propulsion sounds very similar to Siemens propulsion. I thought you thought Siemens trains sounded cool.

And every single R32 Phase II has screeching brakes. If not, then 95%. Even some Phase I R32s screech, or make sounds similar to the R160 when the train brakes too hard.

Uh adtranz propulsion sounds nothing like siemens propulsion. The siemens train does sound cool but that altsom onix populsion on the R142s R160s is very annoying. And like i said only SOME R32s have screeching brakes. While all of the R142s R143s and the R160s have that annoying atsom/adtranz populsion sound.Your just simply lieing about the R32s yes some have screehing brakes but not all of them.

Back in december during the arnies runs i had to sit in queens plaza and watch a whole bunch of phase II R32s go back in forth. On the (E) line and out of the whole day only one or two sets had screehing brakes. While i had to wait for the arnies train to come out of layup.

Archived