Woman nearly crushed by a train after falling onto tracks,but motorman slams brakes just in time.

St Louis Car 09

An eagle-eyed motorman saved a straphanger from almost certain death when he slammed the brakes on a 370-ton train - missing by mere seconds a woman who had fallen on the tracks.

Stunning photographs show the unidentified woman sprawled out on the subway tracks at the Fifth Ave. and 59th St. station about 7 a.m. Saturday.

"The train was rolling into the station and I heard this scream," said Raymond Rosario, a doorman who was on his way home to Queens. "She was moaning. She couldn't get up."

Witnesses along the N train platform waved their arms frantically and screamed for the motorman to stop as the woman lay twisted and helpless. Her body was partially in the drainage trough between the tracks. A black satchel still hung over her left shoulder.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/29/2010-08-29_her_hero_woman_lives_as_driver_stops_just_in_time.html#ixzz0y7yJssRp

post-3217-133288582167_thumb.jpg

post-3217-133288582167_thumb.jpg

Good for him. Glad he was able to do something good, was paying attention and operating correctly. About time something good reflecting on TA workers made the paper.

Indeed. He did a great job responding to the situation.

Francis (Lusk) said she "walked right off the platform." Hopefully it wasn't a sad attempt to take her own life?

alg_train_exclusive.jpgamd_train_exclusive.jpg

How come people get suddendly dizzy or sick on the platform and wind up on the tracks? And always right when a train is coming? You never hear of people getting sick or dizzy and walking into traffic. I think there's something in the air in those tunnels. :tdown:

Also this was a quote from a person in that daily news article recent comments section and I think this was COMEDY.

The man did a good a deed but the train was already slowing down as it was entering the station... and secondly, "an eagle-eye motorman"? Lets be real. You could see that fat tub of lard from a mile away. She probably saw a half eaten Twinkie on the tracks and dove for it head first. LOL!

Does the guy even know the train conductor personally I don't think so. He is just a stupid guy that didn't do anything brave so he's accusing people for being brave and heroic. Just another coward behind the computer. I have seen trains come into stations. They don't slow down all the time. It takes a while to stop a train. I would love to see that guy stop a train. I would also like to see the commenter health records. Why he might be even more obese and has to slow down on his food count on meals. Plus if I remember trains weight as much as a ship. So I would love to see him try to stop a ship. Maybe he's too fat. Maybe he even has trouble stopping a car. Also if he thinks he can stop a moving object in time I would love to see him land a plane.

How come people get suddendly dizzy or sick on the platform and wind up on the tracks? And always right when a train is coming? You never hear of people getting sick or dizzy and walking into traffic. I think there's something in the air in those tunnels. :tdown:

Also this was a quote from a person in that daily news article recent comments section and I think this was COMEDY.

The man did a good a deed but the train was already slowing down as it was entering the station... and secondly, "an eagle-eye motorman"? Lets be real. You could see that fat tub of lard from a mile away. She probably saw a half eaten Twinkie on the tracks and dove for it head first. LOL!

They don't always end up on the tracks when the train is coming. You just always hear about it when the train is coming. The newspaper wouldn't write about somebody falling on the tracks and then getting up before the train came into the station.

By the way, from the pictures, does it look like she was lying perfectly between the rails? If, God forbid, the train couldn't stop in time, it looks like it would've passed over her.

QUOTE=checkmatechamp13;320417]They don't always end up on the tracks when the train is coming. You just always hear about it when the train is coming. The newspaper wouldn't write about somebody falling on the tracks and then getting up before the train came into the station.

By the way, from the pictures, does it look like she was lying perfectly between the rails? If, God forbid, the train couldn't stop in time, it looks like it would've passed over her.

Then the T/O has to go down to pee in a cup and be suject to more stress from the MAC Center...

Speaking of the site, I for some reason can't highlight a line or click back at a certain point in my post if I need to change a word or something. the other websites works, so it isn't my computer [thank god - i don't need another issue to deal with.]
Same here.I cant scroll up and down properly.

Archived