A Fantasy Map Right Here

Broadway Local

nycsubwayeditedmap.png

Changes:

(2)- Northbound Terminates Dyre Av Rush-Hours

(2)(5)- Southbound Terminate Kings Plaza.

(3)- Northbound Terminates 155 St (:P(D). (3) terminates lower level

(4)- Southbound Trains Terminate New Lots Station

(6)- Northbound Terminates Co-op City/Blvd

(7)- Southbound Extended to 14 St-West St, the Last Stop

(A)- Northbound Terminates 225 St (1) Sta

(:P- Southbound Extended to Manhattan Beach-Kingsborough Cc/Trains run on Concourse all times/northbound terminates 205 St.

(C)- Southbound Terminates at Queens

(D)- Northbound extended to Woodlawn-E. 233 St via Webster

(G)- Southbound Terminates Kings Highway (F) Sta and skips 21 St

(J)- No Skip-Stop service between Parsons and Myrtle

(L)- Northbound extended to 46 St in Midtown Manhattan

(N)- Limited Service created to make express and skip-stop routes/Northbound Extended to Co-op City/Blvd via Broadway Express/skips 49th Street

(Q)- Runs via 2nd Avenue to 125 St-Lex Av

(S): (42 St Shuttle)- Northbound extended to 11 Av near 46 St Sta and Southbound extended to 1 Av/United Nations Plaza.

S- Runs between 57 St and Ditmars Blvd

(T)- Runs between Hanover Square and 125 St via 2nd Avenue

(W)- Resurrected. Trains run between LGA and Coney Island Station on the (N) platform. Trains run on Sea Beach Local, 4 Av Local, Broadway Local, and Astoria Local.

(Z)- Eliminated. (J) will stop at (J)(Z) stations.

- (N) under Central Park? I'm not to sure about that

(2)(3)(F)(Q)(R)(W) runs under Central Park as in my fantasy map but 1 station is under Central Park, but instead, i'll make the (N) go via 5th Avenue.

- Instead of making an (N) and (N) LTD, you can just use a diamond (N) like with the (6)<6> and (5)<5>

What about (NX), is that okay? (NX) will run super-express between Coney Island and 8th Avenue, and 57 St-7 Av to Co-op City/Blvd.

Guest lance25

I don't know about this map. I'm just not feeling it. Outside of Second Avenue, the Third Avenue restoration and the extension of the Nostrand Avenue line, there really isn't anything that's really useful for the consumer.

Let's start with the Astoria line. Firstly, a shuttle from Ditmars Blvd to 57 St/6 Av is not only impractical, but also useless for anyone wanting to go anywhere south. There's a reason why there has been one Broadway Local and one Broadway Express line going to Astoria and it's not just to provide more service (though it is part of the reason). It's also to reduce the number of transfers at key stations. Your Astoria shuttle would force riders to switch to the (Q) at Lexington Av-63 St just to get to the Broadway Express.

Secondly, let's talk about your Central Park service. There is quite literally no need for a line to not only run through Central Park, but make stops on the transverse streets. The only reason those streets exist is for cars (and pedestrians) to get from one side of the park to the other without walking around. No, the best idea for a new north-south route between Lexington Av and Central Park West would be on Fifth Avenue. Not only would it serve more people than a line in the park would, it would take people off the overcrowded Lexington Avenue line that come from west of the line. (Yes I see that you noted this before my comment.)

While on the subject of the extended (N), I feel that your route is very circuitous. If the line has to make some major transfer stops in the South Bronx, it shouldn't make all of the stops. Whatever stops you pick is your decision, but the line shouldn't make so many u-turns in such a short distance.

Outside of the aforementioned changes, you really didn't do anything to address the lack of mass transit in Eastern Queens. Looking at the map, outside of the (W)'s extension to LaGuardia Airport, Queens looks like is was ignored, which is a shame as they're practically begging for mass transit. By the way, you get rid of the skip-stop on Nassau St, not only will you be run out of town, there will be more crowded trains and platforms because every train is local.

I'm just calling it like I see it.

nycsubwayeditedmap.png

Changes:

(2)- Northbound Terminates Dyre Av Rush-Hours

(2)(5)- Southbound Terminate Kings Plaza.

(3)- Northbound Terminates 155 St (:P(D). (3) terminates lower level

(4)- Southbound Trains Terminate New Lots Station

(6)- Northbound Terminates Co-op City/Blvd

(7)- Southbound Extended to 14 St-West St, the Last Stop

(A)- Northbound Terminates 225 St (1) Sta

sounds cool...

(:P- Southbound Extended to Manhattan Beach-Kingsborough Cc/Trains run on Concourse all times/northbound terminates 205 St.

(C)- Southbound Terminates at Queens

(D)- Northbound extended to Woodlawn-E. 233 St via Webster

(G)- Southbound Terminates Kings Highway (F) Sta and skips 21 St

(J)- No Skip-Stop service between Parsons and Myrtle

(L)- Northbound extended to 46 St in Midtown Manhattan

(N)- Limited Service created to make express and skip-stop routes/Northbound Extended to Co-op City/Blvd via Broadway Express/skips 49th Street

like it , like it...

(Q)- Runs via 2nd Avenue to 125 St-Lex Av

(S): (42 St Shuttle)- Northbound extended to 11 Av near 46 St Sta and Southbound extended to 1 Av/United Nations Plaza.

S- Runs between 57 St and Ditmars Blvd

T- Runs between Hanover Square and 125 St via 2nd Avenue

W- Resurrected. Trains run between LGA and Coney Island Station on the N platform. Trains run on Sea Beach Local, 4 Av Local, Broadway Local, and Astoria Local.

ok , okay...

(Z)- Eliminated. (J) will stop at (J)(Z) stations.

Yes! That's what I'm talking about! Finally someone gets it! the (Z)'s a total waste. It only uses 5 trainsets and only runs during rush hours. plus you hardly see it. Yes!

@ everyone that thinks that "No (Z) is a fail": the (J) can make the skip stops now! or just have some Js run local , some run express! like they do now! I'm sure ppl can handle "No Z trains"!

I like the map but here are my 2 cents:

- Why is there a (N) LTD? it should have been (NX) or <N>

- Why did you make a S? it's not really needed.

- People in Manhattan Beach wont be happy about the (:P running there, just push it back to Brighton Beach.

- Why is the (4) running alongside the (3)? there is no need for an "express" service along that line, it's fine the way it is.

- Why does the (N) break off the (Q) after Canal street & then goes via the (F) then breaks off after Jay street? not really needed.

- The (G) is not needed after Church avenue

- I would make the (C) run express if it's going to lefferts.

- Why is the 42nd street (S) extended both ways? not really needed.

- Please put the (Z) back in service, the Jamaica line will not function well without it.

Otherwise great work :P

Yes! That's what I'm talking about! Finally someone gets it! the (Z)'s a total waste. It only uses 5 trainsets and only runs during rush hours. plus you hardly see it. Yes!

@ everyone that thinks that "No (Z) is a fail": the (J) can make the skip stops now! or just have some Js run local , some run express! like they do now! I'm sure ppl can handle "No Z trains"!

You're not providing positive or constructive feedback, just usual garbage. The (Z) is nowhere near FAILURE or a total waste, get your facts straight. But then again, you can't. The (Z) is not a separate line because it's a secondary (J), and provides skip stop service around the Jamaica line during the rush hours. Without it, then Jamaica residents will have a longer commute if the (J) becomes local, and a small express portion between Myrtle Avenue and Marcy Avenue will not speed up their commute. Just because you hardly see the (Z) train does not make it useless. Eliminate skip stop and the (Z), they will protest, and the (Z) was close to total elimination when the MTA announced the doomsday cuts.

Also, I'm sure that you never took the (J)/(Z) train once in your lifetime to make a ridiculous statement like that. You're too busy taking the (F) train anyways.

I don't think the (N) needs any stops in Central Park. There aren't any homes in the Park. Unless animals count as passengers. The (S) shuttle in Ditmars is redundant, and kind of useless. It's a few blocks away from the Broadway line, so all people have to do is walk there.

Some questions/suggestions:

Why does the (N) go through Central Park? It's better if it goes through 5th Avenue instead.

The S is not needed and it's redundant.

The 42nd Street Shuttle Extension is not needed.

The (Q) should go crosstown 125th Street

The (N) should not stop at Yankee Stadium or Concourse plaza. It makes the route confusing and indirect. Instead, change the Concourse Plaza tracks to A Division, and let the (3) go stop at the stops, and Terminate it at 163rd Street (Transfer to the (N)/<N>/(T))

The (N) LTD should be called the <N>, this is not a bus map :P

The (D) should go to Co-Op City (Meet with the (N) at Bay Plaza Mall) instead of Woodlawn.

The (Z) should come back. Skip-Stop Service is needed.

The (T) should go with the (N) in the Bronx but terminate at the (2)/<5> transfer at Pelham Parkway.

The <N> Should stop at the (2)/<5> transfer at Pelham Parkway

Some questions/suggestions:

Why does the (N) go through Central Park? It's better if it goes through 5th Avenue instead.

I have got to agree with this!

The S is not needed and it's redundant.

Lance told me that already

The 42nd Street Shuttle Extension is not needed.

E Local said that to me already

The (Q) should go crosstown 125th Street

Is M60 good enough?

The (N) should not stop at Yankee Stadium or Concourse plaza. It makes the route confusing and indirect.

I think that's true.

Instead, change the Concourse Plaza tracks to A Division, and let the (3) go stop at the stops, and Terminate it at 163rd Street (Transfer to the (N)/<N>/(T))

Okay, but i'm not including the (T) to the Bronx, because we have the (4)(5)(6) and (N) instead.

The (N) LTD should be called the <N>, this is not a bus map :P

(NX) is good enough because it is just like the <N>

The (D) should go to Co-Op City (Meet with the (N) at Bay Plaza Mall) instead of Woodlawn.

Nah, don't need too. I'll just make the (D) to Wakefield Instead.

The (Z) should come back. Skip-Stop Service is needed.

Okay?

The (T) should go with the (N) in the Bronx but terminate at the (2)/<5> transfer at Pelham Parkway.

I'm making the (T) run on the future Second Avenue Subway.

The <N> Should stop at the (2)/<5> transfer at Pelham Parkway

The <N> should be super-express because I created (NX) so I put Fordam Road as an express stop to transfer to Metro-North.

Guest lance25

You're confusing skip-stop with express-local service. They're two entirely different things. Even if you were to have "express (J)s", some would still skip certain stops because during the rush hours, the (J) and (Z) move a lot of people around.

Also, I'm sure that you never took the (J)/(Z) train once in your lifetime to make a ridiculous statement like that. You're too busy taking the (F) train anyways.

um , actually I HAVE taken the (J)/(Z) before! My very first ride on a R160 EVER was in 2006 when I took the (Z)! and My first ride on the (J) was in the summer 2008(R42 (J):)) which was the same day I saw a R46 (E) train for the 2nd time! and I've railfanned and (J)/(Z) a lot recently! in fact , on one of my fanning trips , I caught the R160 (J) train for the first time! I knew it was gonna happen since the (J) was/is mostly R160s. So therefore , I do know what I'm talking about! plus the (Z)s been empty every time I rode it so... yeahhh!:)

Guest lance25
um , actually I HAVE taken the (J)/(Z) before! My very first ride on a R160 EVER was in 2006 when I took the (Z)! and My first ride on the (J) was in the summer 2008(R42 (J):)) which was the same day I saw a R46 (E) train for the 2nd time! and I've railfanned and (J)/(Z) a lot recently! in fact , on one of my fanning trips , I caught the R160 (J) train for the first time! I knew it was gonna happen since the (J) was/is mostly R160s. So therefore , I do know what I'm talking about! plus the (Z)s been empty every time I rode it so... yeahhh!:)

Good for you. Just cause you happened to ride the (Z) one day and it happened to be empty that time doesn't mean it's the case all the time. There's a reason why skip-stop has been on the Jamaica/Broadway els for about four decades.

P.S. No one cares what train you were riding in at a particular time and unless it has anything to do with the conversation at hand, it's not necessary to state it.

So therefore , I do know what I'm talking about! plus the (Z)s been empty every time I rode it so... yeahhh!:)
I don't believe anything that you said. Post pics, and I'll believe it. Like that time you "saw an R46 (E)" weeks ago... still waiting for proof. And NO, you do not know what you're talking about nearly 100% of the time. The (Z) train is there to give Jamaica riders quick commute to Manhattan during the AM hours and from Manhattan during the PM hours.

Good for you. Just cause you happened to ride the (Z) one day and it happened to be empty that time doesn't mean it's the case all the time. There's a reason why skip-stop has been on the Jamaica/Broadway els for about four decades.
Thank you for saying something intelligent. Unlike the failed (1)/(9) skip stop local, the (J)/(Z) skip stop express does its job very well.

I don't believe you.

Did you see a pink K on your trip as well?

Archived