The New Assignments...

dmouse

This info is from my source, and my friend who's source who had a new car assignment sheet.

Very soon the following will happen-

The (A) will loose about 6-8 full train sets if R46s to the (C).

This will displace about 50 R32s to the (J) (YES the (J) )

The 50 R42s at ENY will be pulled from service (I don't get that part)

To replace the moved R46 sets, the younger STABLE R44 sets (1973 - 54XXs) Yes Those R44s will be brought back out, SMS'ed and return to the (A) till they reach REAL retirement.

That's all for now. Any questions on this? I'll ask my source for more info tommorow

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This info is from my source, and my friend who's source who had a new car assignment sheet.

Very soon the following will happen-

The (A) will loose about 6-8 full train sets if R46s to the (C).

This will displace about 50 R32s to the (J) (YES the (J) )

The 50 R42s at ENY will be pulled from service (I don't get that part)

To replace the moved R46 sets, the younger STABLE R44 sets (1973 - 54XXs) Yes Those R44s will be brought back out, SMS'ed and return to the (A) till they reach REAL retirement.

That's all for now. Any questions on this? I'll ask my source for more info tommorow

Ill believe that, when I see it. Some other guy here was talking about this as well back in December.

There were several things that I overheard people saying at the R1/9 holiday special train thing. One was that Jamaica yard either no longer wants the (G) or doesnt want the R46 anymore. So the first plan was the (G) was going to C.I., & R68's would run on the (G). After that plan was cancelled, Jamaica Yard then decides they no longer want the R46. So now the plan was to send all the R32 off the (C), and the R32 would go to the (R) while most of the R46 (there is not enough R32 to cover the (R) I believe) go to the (C).

This plan was cancelled as well.

Currently, I overheard that Jamaica Yard wants all R160's, forcing some R160's out of C.I. and putting the R46 on the (N)(Q). I heard that was the current plan.

I did hear about the R32 going to the (Z), not the (J), to swap out the R42's and scrap 'em and revive a few R44's to place into temporary service until the R179's come.

Now Im not saying all of this is true, just what I overheard some people saying.

There were several things that I overheard people saying at the R1/9 holiday special train thing. One was that Jamaica yard either no longer wants the (G) or doesnt want the R46 anymore. So the first plan was the (G) was going to C.I., & R68's would run on the (G). After that plan was cancelled, Jamaica Yard then decides they no longer want the R46. So now the plan was to send all the R32 off the (C), and the R32 would go to the (R) while most of the R46 (there is not enough R32 to cover the (R) I believe) go to the (C).

Currently, I overheard that Jamaica Yard wants all R160's, forcing some R160's out of C.I. and putting the R46 on the (N)(Q). I heard that was the current plan.

I did hear about the R32 going to the (Z), not the (J), to swap out the R42's and scrap 'em and revive a few R44's to place into temporary service until the R179's come.

Now Im not saying all of this is true, just what I overheard some people saying.

Either way one of these speculations are true.

The only part of this I have heard before is the R42s being taken off the Jamacia Line and getting R32s. I still don't think that will happen, but I am very sure you won't see any R44s pounding the road again.

That's the only thing I see happening from my view,

A member on here told me he spotted and took picture of a R44 set out in the Rockaways recently.. I don't know what's with that, and I'm skeptical about the R44s coming back out.

On a side note the R42s are said to be scrapped by a contractor in PA, not reefed.

I really am not buying the R32s replacing the rest of the R42s on the (J). Because there would be no reason to repaint pairs of R42s (as in the photo below) as i if only to pull them out of service a short time later.

4817.jpg

But then again, this is the MTA so you never know what might go down. So we will wait & see.

An all R160 Jamaica Yard makes sense... That'd be interesting. ...Guess they could start working on CBTC early. Coney Island would be nothing but--well...mostly 75 footers, if not all.

I really am not buying the R32s replacing the rest of the R42s on the (J). Because there would be no reason to repaint pairs of R42s (as in the photo below) as i if only to pull them out of service a short time later.

Agreed, seems like a sack of bs if you ask me. If anything, I'll believe it when I see it.

But then again, this is the MTA so you never know what might go down. So we will wait & see.

Rebuilt R30s went to the docks with wet paint. A car getting painted means nothing.

I was there when it was happening :P Its a lot of speculation and rumors and they dont always wind up being true. There were rumors the (F) would keep some R46s and it didnt

Archived