How Did You Choose Your Handle And Avatar?

EE Broadway Local

The (J) is one of my home lines. Many memories took place along this line. I remember the times in which I used to visit my dad during the summer. Whenever I would ride my bike with friends, I'd be the only one still up the block just watching those 42s screech their way out of Cypress Hills Jamaica bound. 'Till this day, I still find myself peeking through the blinds just to get a glimpse of the 160s leaving the station. I got love for the (J). :cool:

My original handle was freshpondroadstation because that is my home station.

My current handle,R42 M Train, I chose it because of all the childhood memories I have of riding R42s on the M. My avatar is the Brown M because that is my favorite line even though it ceased to exist about half a year ago

I didn't pick my handle.

The avatar because Bob Dobbs is ******* awesome.

"**** 'em if they can't take a joke."

My handle is my real name and the combination of the fact that I used to sit towards the front of the bus exclusively (when I made this account last summer) and that I don't **** around, I tell you the facts without any of the bull****.

Handle: I used to be R32 B Train since I like the Brighton Line and the R32s. I changed my username when the Yankees won the World Series in 2009 over the Phillies. Since I like the Phillies, I did not want my handle to have ANY association with the Yankees since the B goes up to Yankee Stadium. So I decided to put a twist on one of Forest Glen's old handles (PATHman), and changed it to PATCOman since PATCO is similar to PATH except it runs in South Jersey.

Avatar: my favorite baseball team

SubBus: Subway and Bus

(B14): Beisdes the (3) train, the (B14) bus connected both of my old neighborhoods of Crown Heights and East New York. When I was moving from the Heights to the East, I lugged some of my clothes and sneakers on a (B14) bus. Plus childhood memories of shopping on Pitkin Ave and going to TSS at the end of the route.:)

Handle: Originally FreshPondDepot but shortened it to the current one since it was a pain to type. Mainly since my earliest memories of buses was in Fort Greene in the projects (Walt Whitman) overlooking Myrtle Av

Avitar: It compliments the name :cool:

Avatar: I've been going back and forth on one and then I decided not to bother. There is no rule saying I need one so I said f*ck it. If I had one it would be either of an express bus (MCI) or an express bus route since that is what I use primarily to get around.

Name: My name in particular "Garibaldi" refers to one of the major unifiers of Italy. Giuseppe Garibaldi is known across Italy for helping to unify the country as it is today. Prior to this event, Italy was broken up into many regions and basically each region spoke its own language. Today each region still has its own dialect with the exception of Tuscany, but his actions made Italy what it is today. Interestingly enough, many cities are still surrounded by medieval walls forcing you to walk through doors in order to enter the city.

"Via Garibaldi" is as popular of a street in Italy as "Via Roma" and the "8" just happens to be a number I like to use from time to time, but it can also be an address in Italy, as in "Via Garibaldi, 8", so basically the name is a representation of who I am and where I come from, esp. since Via Garibaldi can be found in Palermo Sicily where my father's family is from. :cool:

I might change my avator again.

Handle Name: After New York Times Article and Japanese volunteer Sotokoto Magazine, I choose.

FamousNYLover:

Famous= feature in article.

NYLover: I love NY and it's neighborhood states including Philly, Boston, Washington-DC.

Right now:

Manhattanville Bus Depot because many B/Os know me from regular MV bus ride.

Archived