Osama Bin Laden is Dead

WASHINGTON--Osama bin Laden has been killed, a United States official said Sunday night.

President Obama is expected to make an announcement on Sunday night, almost ten years after the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/asia/osama-bin-laden-is-killed.html

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3000+ people died on 9/11 and 1 mastermine dead....he may be dead but with him dead a terror attack is still just as high.

High? The chances of the U.S getting attacked now is through the roof.

Osama was just the figurehead, and with his failing health, I kinda doubt he was doing the bulk of the day to day 'planning'. KSM who planned the attacks is the guy that should die and that would bring closure to the families.

I do have to agree that now we should be worried about a possible retaliation by the radical nutjobs.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

So now can we stop the wars?

There's no end imo. This would only ignite more backlash.

I have to agree with Grand Concourse. As happy as I am that he is dead, in the realm of national security this is akin to New Years Eve. Its fun when it happens and it's a nice side attraction, but at the end, you still have your troubles the next day. We're at just of a huge risk of terrorism today that we were yesterday, and the death of Bin Laden doesn't change that.

Having said all of that, a bullet to the head is too merciful for him. As a left leaner who hated the Abu Ghirab incident, I couldn't think of anyone who deserves to be attacked by a rabid starving dog more than him.

There is no den in the wide world to hide a rogue. Commit a crime, and the EARTH is MADE OF GLASS. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived