+SBS+ Discusion

R188 7857

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the M15 +select (I call it the chicken select lol) for the most part but the only part I dislike about it is between 1 Av/2 St and 1 Av/23 St. Most of the time it feels like the bus lane is actually slower than the other lanes. With tour buses, yellow cabs, & delivery trucks overpowering the lane, it slows everything down. Those camers better hurry up.

...or at least reinforce the bumpers on the LFSAs so they can plow through things in the bus lane :)

SBS is needed along Main St. and maybe along Queens Blvd.

That depends on which part of Main Street you are talking about. People will start going nuts if they lose the limited parking spaces they have over there.

That depends on which part of Main Street you are talking about. People will start going nuts if they lose the limited parking spaces they have over there.

True but they can park somewhere else ,This section I'm assuming E is talking about is from Van Wyck down to Booth Mem.blvd but lets wait and see what he says.

Rush Hours only for this by the way so the locals can park later on.

The (M15) gets way too much SBS service. :mad: Last Thursday I counted three, yes, THREE SBS buses in no more than 5 minutes between South Ferry and say Wall St or so. The first one was SRO and the other two had maybe a few people on them.

I think the (M23) should get it. That bus crawls down 23rd st and slows down all of the other express buses. If not that then give it priority signal and a bus lane and cut out all of the damn double parking along 23rd st. :mad:

The (M15) gets way too much SBS service. :mad: Last Thursday I counted three, yes, THREE SBS buses in no more than 5 minutes between South Ferry and say Wall St or so. The first one was SRO and the other two had maybe a few people on them.

It needs it, with all the construction and traffic it goes through, it needs all the service it can get

Q60 needs it!!! Here's why:

-Overcrowded

-too many stops

-very slow at times

On the Q66, they at least need a limited badly. Both routes have too many stops and are slow when alot of stops are requested. I don't like it.

Also at rush hours, they should make a Q38 limited, and have some buses (for PM rush) start at 59 Street/Queens-Woodhaven Blvds.

It's gonna get worse. The July schedule changes include a slight increase in M15 SBS service and a slight decrease in M15 local service. (slight means +/- 1 minute of headway)

It's gonna get worse. The July schedule changes include a slight increase in M15 SBS service and a slight decrease in M15 local service. (slight means +/- 1 minute of headway)

It's not THAT much worse. The reason is for higher demand in +SBS+ service.

It needs it, with all the construction and traffic it goes through, it needs all the service it can get

I took a look at the SBS schedule for the (M15). Those buses must've been late, hence why there were so many of them in a five minute span around 19:00 going Northbound. I observed the 3 buses in about 5 minutes while on the X14. Having taken the line, based on the schedule, yes the service is justified, but I was under the impression that those buses were on time, hence my thought that the service was overkill, but they weren't. I have to say though, it gets SBS service quite late, but I know it used from previous experiences. My only question is should other LTD lines have their LTD service extended to run later?

Having reviewed the schedule, it will be used though. As I said before, those buses were just bunched together, hence so many SBSs in 5 minutes. The (M15) SBS reminds me a lot of the X1. It has to have the level of service it has, esp. during the rush hour periods because if a bus gets screwed up, everything becomes a mess. I think the key for that line will be keeping buses moving and not becoming bunched up. LTD service was a real mess on the (M15) with two or three packing together.

-Overcrowded

-too many stops

-very slow at times

On the Q66, they at least need a limited badly. Both routes have too many stops and are slow when alot of stops are requested. I don't like it.

Also at rush hours, they should make a Q38 limited, and have some buses (for PM rush) start at 59 Street/Queens-Woodhaven Blvds.

Sorry not going to happen....Q60 already bunches up.....it will bunch if its a Limited or SBS!

I took a look at the SBS schedule for the (M15). Those buses must've been late, hence why there were so many of them in a five minute span around 19:00 going Northbound. I observed the 3 buses in about 5 minutes while on the X14. Having taken the line, based on the schedule, yes the service is justified, but I was under the impression that those buses were on time, hence my thought that the service was overkill, but they weren't. I have to say though, it gets SBS service quite late, but I know it used from previous experiences. My only question is should other LTD lines have their LTD service extended to run later?

You're a fool for even thinking that lol.

-Overcrowded

-too many stops

-very slow at times

The (Q60), I'm on the fence about it. The (Q66) oh yeah it does. The (Q38) oh hell no

Since 86th St gets crowded, I wondered if the M86 should have SBS. If SBS were implemented on the line, I figured it could one of the few examples of 24/7 SBS.

I thought about the M14, but in a few places 14th St is far too crowded for this to actually work out.

I'd say the Bx55. considering it's intended to be a Subway Line's replacement, but given how quick the MTA wants to kill it off....

I'd also suggest the Bx1 and M101, but I guess that's not popular for having a large portion of the route duplicate the subway [even though both bus lines serve neighborhoods that their nearby train lines don't go anywhere near]

Obligatory B41/B46 suggestions.

So in a nutshell:

- B41

- B46

- Bx55

- M86

Archived