Naked Man's Racist, Violent Subway Tirade

LRG

An emotionally disturbed man stripped down and yelled racial slurs inside a subway station in the Bronx before a cop was able to subdue him. The bizarre nudity- and profanity-laced tirade was caught on video and, of course, uploaded to YouTube.

The video shows the boxer-clad man yelling the n-word at a cop on the platform of the Hunts Point Station before begging the officer to shoot him. He then continues to scream at passengers and slam the doors of a subway car before pulling off his underwear and lunging at people on the platform.

At one point he grabs a bag from a woman and slams it on the platform and also taking swings at onlookers.

The video also shows the cop struggling to take the man down, but eventually succeeding with some help from several other men in plainclothes. It is not clear if these men are police officers or simply subway riders.

The NYPD told Fox 5 that the 41-year-old man was not arrested or charged but was taken to Lincoln Hospital for evaluation.

The officer who subdued the man suffered minor injuries, authorities said.

YouTube user Phillie139 posted the video on May 4, 2011, but the incident took place on May 2, police said.

Link: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/video-naked-man-racist-violent-subway-tirade-20110511

WARNING: VIDEO IS NSFW...CONTAINS NUDITY AND PROFANITY. I will not post the video on here; instead go to the link above and access the video there.

LRG, Well this "EDP" person reminds me of a certain buff across another land.. Thats all lol

And jesus christ, where the hell are the other cops?? This station is always full of cops...

That guy def popped a fuse and was far from his right mind. It took a while for that cop to take charge of the situation and he was no rookie either. He made alot of mistakes. He should have taken him down in the train cause he had a high chance of being pushed to the tracks since this guy wouldnt think twice of doing that, he would do anything without a doubt since he was crazy enough scream at the top of his lungs and take his clothes off.

I'm sorry but that wasn't funny. It was sick and it was sad. That man has some SERIOUS issues. I think that cop should have done something before the guy started taking his clothes off and trying to hurt people. The dude needs to find his way to a Mental Institution before he really hurts anyone or himself.

That guy def popped a fuse and was far from his right mind. It took a while for that cop to take charge of the situation and he was no rookie either. He made alot of mistakes. He should have taken him down in the train cause he had a high chance of being pushed to the tracks since this guy wouldnt think twice of doing that, he would do anything without a doubt since he was crazy enough scream at the top of his lungs and take his clothes off.

Glad you brought up the actions of the cop...someone made a post on the other board about the cop's actions too: for example, in the instance in which a transit buff was taking photos in the station the cop would have immediately stopped the photographer, whereas in this case, the cop was taking his sweet ass time.

I don't know, but I wonder why if anyone yells racist remarks like this guy they're automatically off of their rocker? The issue here isn't just this guy, but the racist society that we live in. There was a guy on 5th Avenue once like this. I guess he was drunk or something. He wasn't naked, but he was yelling the "n" word non-stop and people were looking at him like he was crazy and thought it was funny. The real question is when will we as a society bring the question of race to the forefront and finally address it like it needs to be and stop dismissing it as this dirty thing that no one can dare speak of, even though everyone knows it exists? There are too many folks surpressing racist ideas and such and this is what happens when those pent up ideas can't be surpressed anymore.

I laughed at this guy initially because I think the thought is that it is hard to believe that someone can be that "out there", but upon reflecting a bit further, the whole thing isn't funny at all.

Archived