WWF/WWE Wresting Great Randy 'Macho Man' Savage has died

Shortline Bus

Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car accident at 58: Wrestler suffered heart attack behind the wheel

BY Larry Mcshane

NY DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, May 20th 2011

All-time wrestling great Randy "Macho Man" Savage died in a Florida car wreck Friday after suffering a heart attack behind the wheel, according to TMZ.com.

The 58-year-old Savage, a one-time minor league baseball player who helped catapult Vince McMahon's WWF into a huge success during the mid-'80s, was killed in Tampa, said his brother, fellow ex-grappler Lanny Poffo.

The car veered out of control about 10 a.m. after Savage's heart attack, Poffo told TMZ.

"He was an amazing person," said longtime friend Steve Cardillo, the owner of Massachusetts company that supplied Savage with weight belts. "He was a very generous guy. He would come here, put on his whole costume, and sign autographs for kids."

Savage used his rippling physique and trade cry of "Oooooh yeaaaaah!" to become one of the wrestling world's biggest draws, teaming with Hulk Hogan at one point before their "partnership" went south.

Savage, in addition to his time with the WWF, wrestled for Ted Turner's WCW before retiring in 1999.

He made a cameo appearance in the box office hit "Spider-Man," but kept a relatively low profile after leaving the ring.

He had just celebrated his first anniversary with his new wife, Lynn. A previous Savage wife, wrestling manager Elizabeth Heulette, died in 2003 from a lethal combination of drugs and booze."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/2011/05/20/2011-05-20_macho_man_randy_savage_dies_in_car_accident_at_58_wrestler_suffered_heart_attack.html

My brother just txted me this news a couple of minutes ago and I'm shocked. I used to love "Macho Man" back in the day. He was one of my favorite wrestlers. What a way to go out. My God that's so sad. SMH My prayers go out to his family and his fans too. -_-;):(

No offense, but did you REALLY have to bump the topic 3 TIMES? You really need to stop with the constant bumping...

Man, this sucks!! What a crappy way to go. Between him and Hulk, I always went for Savage. His WCW days were crazy good as well, lots of memorable moments during those times he had in WCW. He will truly be missed.

Right before Halloween Havoc 1997, Savage jumping off the cage to attack Roddy Piper, in which Hulk Hogan sidestepped when he was supposed to take the brunt of it. What a dumbass

During the days with the NwO and him being the champin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5j-xbgT8U

Savage costing Hogan the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (at the near end of the clip)

P.S : Hulk Hogan is a PHONY!!

This is tragic. He was One of the best legends of all time in Pro Wrestling. Even though I didn't watch his run much in WCW much I can say that I definitely remember his time in WWE. I recall watching his rivalries vs. Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Honky Tonk Man etc.

Anyhoo he'll be greaty missed. "Macho Man" Randy Savage you'll never be forgotten brother.:cry:

This is tragic. He was One of the best legends of all time in Pro Wrestling. Even though I didn't watch his run much in WCW much I can say that I definitely remember his time in WWE. I recall watching his rivalries vs. Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Honky Tonk Man etc.

Anyhoo he'll be greaty missed. "Macho Man" Randy Savage you'll never be forgotten brother.:cry:

not to nitpick but in Macho Man the WWE was known as the WWF or WWWF.

Another wrestler bites the dust. It is like a curse.

Unfortunately it had to be Savage, this loss, along with Eddie Guerrero, Curt Hennig, Owen Hart & Chris Benoit (Yes, we all know what he did and it was ****** up) were some of the hard hitting deaths in our time.

As soon as the story broke, I'm sure this idiot ran to the computer with his shorts and socks on tripping over his old newspapers and boxes on cornflakes just to create this thread, typing and getting clips from youtube like a mental patient just to be the first one to get this in. You have NO life.

As soon as the story broke, I'm sure this idiot ran to the computer with his shorts and socks on tripping over his old newspapers and boxes on cornflakes just to create this thread, typing and getting clips from youtube like a mental patient just to be the first one to get this in. You have NO life.

LOL! Quite comical to say the least.

I found out about this via one of my friend's facebook status updates though.

Chris Benoit (Yes, we all know what he did and it was ****** up)

What's even more effed up, is the fact that "Chris Benoit"-ing yourself (also "Chris Brown"-ing a chick), are used as adjectives...

------------------

Don't ask me why, but this song was the first thing that came to mind...

just wish this song wasn't so... gay...

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage

Another wrestler bites the dust. It is like a curse.

Notice how all the wrestlers from the WWF/WWE died from some type of health issue (Except Owen Hart) That organization has been covering up steroid abuse for years and drug use.Not to say Macho Man did roids,but how do we really know.R.I.P to the man that made everyone snap into slim jim.

Notice how all the wrestlers from the WWF/WWE died from some type of health issue (Except Owen Hart) That organization has been covering up steroid abuse for years and drug use.Not to say Macho Man did roids,but how do we really know.R.I.P to the man that made everyone snap into slim jim.

That my point the media will bring this issue.

What's even more effed up, is the fact that "Chris Benoit"-ing yourself (also "Chris Brown"-ing a chick), are used as adjectives...

-----------------

I've heard the Chris Brown-ing one, never the Benoit one, I'm guessing because people still respect him for what he did in the ring, I know I do, I was a huge fan.....

That my point the media will bring this issue.

Not quite, the only two BIG stories were Eddie Guerrero's death & when Chris Benoit went apeshit with his family and nixed himself in the process. Thats when WWE started changing their shit around with their Drug & Wellness policies, which ended up catching, suspending or firing several wrestlers like Jeff Hardy(left WWE because of the contract dispute/suspension), Batista(currently retired, but got caught with some drugs), Booker T (caught with Steroids, even though he's an announcer now) and many more wrestlers in WWE.

I've heard the Chris Brown-ing one, never the Benoit one, I'm guessing because people still respect him for what he did in the ring, I know I do, I was a huge fan.....

Not quite, the only two BIG stories were Eddie Guerrero's death & when Chris Benoit went apeshit with his family and nixed himself in the process. Thats when WWE started changing their shit around with their Drug & Wellness policies, which ended up catching, suspending or firing several wrestlers like Jeff Hardy(left WWE because of the contract dispute/suspension), Batista(currently retired, but got caught with some drugs), Booker T (caught with Steroids, even though he's an announcer now) and many more wrestlers in WWE.

So let me get this straight WWE went from TV-14 To PG because of the Wellness Policy because WWE is boring as Hell compared to TNA Now. Whatever happened to the old WWF/E with Good'Ol JR,Steve austin,The Rock,DX,Undertaker, Masked Kane,ETC. Hit the thanks button if you agree and miss the old WWF/WWE.

Archived