Bus Timetable Cover Designs

I was bored and started doodling different designs for bus timetables...now time to make them into a reality (well sorta lol)

Here's design #1 in two color variations:

style1.pngstyle1b.png

More will be posted as I draw out the designs, but for now...

Kudos to Trevor and Bill for the bus timetable designs. I had something like this in mind for weeks, but it looks like you it's beat me to it, heh.

Hey, if you guys don't mind taking a request, can you do one for the S79? I'll provide a photo for you to use for it. Let me know if you'd be cool with that. Again, great job!

lol look what i started now :angry:

for me, the thing I have against the MTA designs is that they use that same old pic over and over and over again...if you look carefully at their timetables the bus still advertises a $1.50 fare

i already have a Q38 one in the works ill try to finish that up soon, and sure ill do one for the S79

style3i.png

My third design...my 4th and final design would have been a completely photo background, but im like idk if that'll work out too well lol

s79forlrg.png

here's your request @LRG...sorry if the photo may seem a bit stretched but it didn't exactly fit lol

Here is my variant of the S79 request...

S79.jpg

Its not cost effective for the MTA to use a different photo for every route. This is why you see the same bus on the schedules. This is why on my designs I went with the newest bus in the fleet on both the Local and Express sides. But I love your idea!

I played on the new map look along with the new advertising look so that there would be fluidity from Maps to Schedules.

Oh ok but yea I think it adds a better touch to the timetable if an actual photo of the bus was used instead of just the same old pic

Wonder how long it takes before all the MTA bus timetables start looking like the ones you put up lol

@Casey Stengel, I don't know if I have any good Q28 pics to use in the timetable, i'll have to look around for that one..

Oh ok but yea I think it adds a better touch to the timetable if an actual photo of the bus was used instead of just the same old pic

Wonder how long it takes before all the MTA bus timetables start looking like the ones you put up lol

@Casey Stengel, I don't know if I have any good Q28 pics to use in the timetable, i'll have to look around for that one..

Hehehehe.... That W43 one is all yours Bill!

Here is my variant of the S79 request...

S79.jpg

Its not cost effective for the MTA to use a different photo for every route. This is why you see the same bus on the schedules. This is why on my designs I went with the newest bus in the fleet on both the Local and Express sides. But I love your idea!

I played on the new map look along with the new advertising look so that there would be fluidity from Maps to Schedules.

You're 100% right. Back when they redesigned the schedules in 1999 (or was it 2000), they used the New Flyer C40LFs, and for the express routes they used the DL3s. I guess it's time for a redesign in the bus schedules right about now anyway.

And thanks for the cover as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived