New mini maps on platforms

Abba

I saw this at Bowling Green the last time the R142A (5) trains ran... Which must have been 2-3 months ago. I remember the sign brand new.

I think this is just an update of the old white posters in the little glass cages.

Union Square

this is not a guess the location thread :):P.

Guest lance25

I think they should at least indicate when the line isn't running to its illustrated terminal. If I was someone who doesn't know the system all that well and needed to take a train from say, 14 St to Flatbush Av, I'd have no clue that the (5) doesn't run past Bowling Green on weekends. At least with the old line maps, they showed when the trains were running. At least that's what I remember; I haven't seen one in a while since I'm not actively searching them out.

I did? Oh snap lol I wasn't even guessing...I was just saying where I saw it at
It wasn't you that "guessed" incorrectly. That was directed at someone else.

I think they should at least indicate when the line isn't running to its illustrated terminal.
The MTA should bring back the strip maps (that's what it was called I think) altogether. :tup:

As other people have said, it must be a trial for the (4)(5)(6)<6> lines. I bet if it is successful, it will be implimented for the whole system; possibly the SIR too...
i already posted that it isnt a trial they are updating the old ones. i heard that from one of the guys that was putting them up at 149th and gcc he said they are doing now on the (4)(5)(6) and as they come in they will add them too other areas on the IRT and than the BMT IND. this is too replace the old once on all lines

Saw 1 at 125th St-Lex Av upperlevel Northbound near the last staircase in the rear on the exp side(4)(5)

Weird, I wait there every morning that I go to school. Didn't see that yet.

I think they should at least indicate when the line isn't running to its illustrated terminal. If I was someone who doesn't know the system all that well and needed to take a train from say, 14 St to Flatbush Av, I'd have no clue that the (5) doesn't run past Bowling Green on weekends. At least with the old line maps, they showed when the trains were running. At least that's what I remember; I haven't seen one in a while since I'm not actively searching them out.

I think I've seen one of the older ones on the Uptown (4)/(5) platform at 125 St recently. I've seen a few somewhere else too, but they're probably being moved now.

Archived