Amtrak7

I'm not going to quote all of them, but these are just the major ones:

• No (2) 149-E 180
  • No (5) south of East 180th
  • No (M)
  • No (N) QBP-TSQ
  • No (1) 14th-South Ferry
  • (R) via the (M) and (D) between Queens Plz and DeKalb

Plus express runs on the (6), (A) via (F) and vice versa, etc.

• No (2) 149-E 180

• No (M)

• No (N) QBP-TSQ

yes a very big GO weekend nice too see the work they are doing this weekend, and being that its a holiday weekend they are doing a 3 day weekend of work. i love that the new PA CIS on the IRT is showing all of this every 5 mins its very helpful now.

yes a very big GO weekend nice too see the work they are doing this weekend, and being that its a holiday weekend they are doing a 3 day weekend of work.

The mess I posted above is for Jul 23, this weekend is just the (2)(5) busing in the Bronx, the suspension of (4) service south of Brooklyn Bridge, and various minor ones.

The only ones that go to tommorow are the (2)(5) busing (up to 6PM), and the turnback of the (G) at Hoyt (until Tues 5AM).

• No (2) 149-E 180
  • No (M)
  • No (N) QBP-TSQ

which also means that the (Q) might have to run Local between Canal St and 57 St to replace both (N) and (R) at 49 St and the (N) running via Whitehall St?

(like back in 2008 where they had a G.O. that caused the (R) train to run via (D)(V) lines ((M) now), the (N) ran express between Times Sq and DeKalb Av via Bridge, and the (Q) ran Local between 57 St and DeKalb Av via Whitehall St.)

which also means that the (Q) might have to run Local between Canal St and 57 St to replace both (N) and (R) at 49 St and the (N) running via Whitehall St?

(like back in 2008 where they had a G.O. that caused the (R) train to run via (D)(V) lines ((M) now), the (N) ran express between Times Sq and DeKalb Av via Bridge, and the (Q) ran Local between 57 St and DeKalb Av via Whitehall St.)

The (Q6Av) is terminating at Times Square-42 Street, so I might have to run express... Then again the (Q6Av) could use the switches just North of 34 Street...

So thats a good question.

Whats more interesting is that the Nostalgia Train will be going to Coney Island from the Transit Museum that weekend. Therefore, in addition to the crew having to deal with the G.O.s. the passengers will be double confused as well, between the trackwork and a Nostalgia Train as well.

It'll be interesting!!

The (Q6Av) is terminating at Times Square-42 Street, so I might have to run express... Then again the (Q6Av) could use the switches just North of 34 Street...

So thats a good question.

(Q) is express to Times Square while (N) is local to 57th St, making all local stops to replace the (R).

That reminds me: How come some weekends the (5) runs between 149th St and Bowling Green in addition to E180 St - Dyre Av, but other weekends (like this weekend, and on June 23) the (5) is E180 St - Dyre Av only?

Guest lance25

I know this weekend, it's because there isn't any service south of Brooklyn Bridge and it would be silly to run the (5) from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Grand Central since they can't turn all three lines at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall. For the 6/23 weekend, I would think it'd have something to do with the express and local runs on the (4) and (6). Uptown (4)s run local between Grand Central and 125 St and downtown trains run local from 125 St to 14 St-Union Sq. Then, you have the downtown (6) trains running express from 14 St to Brooklyn Bridge.

As to the long list of reroutes, this will probably be one weekend to not use mass transit.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember them doing that (R) reroute back in Summer 1989. Of course, back then the (F) ran in the 53rd St Tunnel. The (R) also ran its whole route during late nights, so you had (E) and (R) trains in that tunnel during late nights (at that time the (F) terminated at 57th and 6th; the 63rd Street Tunnel hadn't opened yet). The G.O. was even listed on the subway map. But this would be the first use of that G.O. in the 6th Avenue (M) era.

Archived