Excessive Heat Knocks Out Subway Countdown Clocks

Oopsies.

I lol'd at the quotes though. Do it the old fashioned way and WAIT for the train...

The IND and the BMT (except the (L)) do not have these countdown clocks and nobody says a thing until these spoiled riders on the IRT lines complain. SMDH

The IND and the BMT (except the (L)) do not have these countdown clocks and nobody says a thing until these spoiled riders on the IRT lines complain. SMDH

…and the MTA should get on installing ATS so they can outfit the B Division with the clocks as well. It would be nice having a visualisation of the impending 7-10 minute wait that always seems to happen even during rush hour on those lines.

Oopsies.

I lol'd at the quotes though. Do it the old fashioned way and WAIT for the train...

Most of the stations I wait at don't even have these clocks yet. Spoiled b&^#hes

I wouldn't call them spoiled, but rather having expectations of a transit system that should be in the 21st century and not the stone ages...

Nah, not in the NYCS.

I think the timeclocks are great, but more important things should be fixed first like updating the rolling stock and signal upgrades.

What if the MTA put a whole crapload of cash toward a massive overhaul of the signalling system? Wouldn't that be awesome? But no one sees that stuff, so its no good for public relations. But timeclocks are!!!

…and the MTA should get on installing ATS so they can outfit the B Division with the clocks as well. It would be nice having a visualisation of the impending 7-10 minute wait that always seems to happen even during rush hour on those lines.

The B Div. will not get ATS, there done with that program since they have had so many problems with it on the IRT.

Ummm... there are countdown clocks on the (7) now. They are the same as the (L). I heard it a Junction Blvd.

The only difference is that there are no displays for the (7) (yet...), but it does say "The next Manhattan bound (7) local train will arrive in approxamently x minutes".

ive been posting on those clocks for over 3 years now, people shouldnt hate that the IRT have them and the BMT and IND dont have them. we like knowing whats going on and when the train is coming, i think they help out alot and people like ne look for info all the time on them and it works yea they ran into a problem today but i know people love them and soon they will be all over just not now lol

Nah, not in the NYCS.

I think the timeclocks are great, but more important things should be fixed first like updating the rolling stock and signal upgrades.

What if the MTA put a whole crapload of cash toward a massive overhaul of the signalling system? Wouldn't that be awesome? But no one sees that stuff, so its no good for public relations. But timeclocks are!!!

I agree,these countdown clocks are nice but the ceilings of those stations with the clocks look horrible.

Archived