Photos/Video: Prey-Vo SWAGG!!!

The Real

Love that bus, that's gonna get me on the express bus no matter what. Makes sense it'd be Prey-vo, as they spell it Prévost over in Canada.

Scrolling rear sign is clever too, just don't know what it could be used for.

I like the back scroll sign also but you never know what the MTA has plan for it. Maybe it just comes standard. A quick question, are those LED headlight i see?

I like the back scroll sign also but you never know what the MTA has plan for it. Maybe it just comes standard. A quick question, are those LED headlight i see?

That scrolling sign is part of the NYCB sign program, as the LFS 40-footers do the same thing. However the LFSs are Axion signs, these are Aesys.

The headlights, IIRC, are actually Xenon HID-type projector lamps.

Why are the center hubs black instead of blue?? I definetly don't like how the tag wheels look. Aren't they supposed to be even with the outter duals? This bus won't last on the X63 or X68 the potholes on Merrick or Hillside will eat this thing alive

Why are the center hubs black instead of blue?? I definetly don't like how the tag wheels look. Aren't they supposed to be even with the outter duals? This bus won't last on the X63 or X68 the potholes on Merrick or Hillside will eat this thing alive

Black/Blue, Apples/Oranges.

And no, the tags are not suppose to be in line with the outer duals. They are suppose to track between the duals on Prevost which assist with better cornering and turning.

This bus would do just fine on the X63 and X68. The bus takes potholes like a champ, and as much of a MCI D fan as I am, the bus takes the potholes BETTER than the MCI. That in part to the Prevost wheelbase set up which was changed a few years back to assist in better ride quality. Ride/Drive the thing before making a ruling on the bus.

I rode the demo 0052 as well as driven a few X3 Models. Good bus, my only fear is the bus going to Staten Island where preventative maintenance practices have been lack luster over the last few years.

Sorry if this was answered in another thread, but what engine/tranny package does she have?

Oh, and do ours backfire like the other Prevosts?

Volvo EPA 10 D-13 Engine with an Allison WB-500R Gen IV Transmission, and no turbo compression discharge (backfire) as of yet..

That bus looks nice... My first two rides on an X3 were on Greyhound and BoltBus, and if these buses are half as good as those were it'll be awesome. Incidentally, does anyone know where it's going or how soon it will be in service?

Assigned Depots are Charleston, MAYBE Yukon and Ulmer Park. Service is within the next week and a half.

Archived