Tutorial: Importing new objects through CMP for beginners

Paul P

This tutorial describes how to import any object through Content Manager Plus in Trainz Classics. We will be using a NYCT R62 subway car created by jeffmorris; available for downloading here.

First things first:

1. All content and addons for Trainz that are downloaded have to be committed through CMP, so open up CMP and you will see a window, on your left make sure the Download Helper tab is dropped down and available, clear it from any previous items (if any).

2. Open File --> Import CDPs

cmp1.jpg

3. You will select the asset(s) you want to be added to Trainz, (in this case the R62 subway car) and will click View in main List button:

cmp2.jpg

4. The item you selected is now viewable in CMP, we need to see if it requires any additional dependencies in order for the object to work properly when we later use it in the game.

cmp3.jpg

5. Select the object(s) and drop them in the Download Helper window on the left, CMP will search for dependencies in the Download Station when you press Start.

NOTE: Any dependencies that are not found on the Download Station, will not be downloaded and the object will not work properly.

cmp5.jpg

6. When the Download Helper is finished searching for dependencies the windows will appear IDLE. It has found 3 additional objects required for the train.

cmp6.jpg

7. Everything has been set in order for us to commit changes and save this object so we can use it in the game. Find the button named Launch Trainz, click, and CMP will close down and Trainz will open.

cmp7.jpg

8. We now have the train set and ready to use in the game:

cmp9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

These are specific for each train. So if you have an R62 the destination signs you will find are from the IRT, but not all trains have them, only the creator of the train can make them for the train. If you want to change a destination sign, put the train on the track, click the question mark in the edit window and click on the train, you will see the log say destination: undef, or something similar, so you click on it and it will show you all those signs that are available.

These are specific for each train. So if you have an R62 the destination signs you will find are from the IRT, but not all trains have them, only the creator of the train can make them for the train. If you want to change a destination sign, put the train on the track, click the question mark in the edit window and click on the train, you will see the log say destination: undef, or something similar, so you click on it and it will show you all those signs that are available.

can you give me instructions on that cause I'm not getting it

can you give me instructions on that cause I'm not getting it

If you're using the R62 shown in this thread, the rollsign is static. You can only change it by making a completely different train. If you use Magicland's custom R62, there is a rollsign changer on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you're using the R62 shown in this thread, the rollsign is static. You can only change it by making a completely different train. If you use Magicland's custom R62, there is a rollsign changer on it.

Hey how you make the gif moving 3 train r142 sign.I want to make one for mine lol(2)(MTA):P

Archived