Voices behind our NTT lines

2 Train Master

Charlie Pellet,a guy who works with Bloomberg Radio does the "Transfer Is Available" announcements on the IRT-R142's and BMT-R143's and "Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors" and various (MTA) and public announcments on the IRT-R142's BMT-R143's and BMT/IND-R160's. Diane Thompson,Catherine Cowdery and Jessica Ettinger do "This Is a Bound Train" on all NTT's and "Transfer Is Available" on R160's.

btw: they dont go by who does what announcements on certain lines,its all the same on every BMT/IND/IRT lines.

For voice syntheizing the voices,they probally do cause I would find it really hard to believe they sound like that in person.

Hope this info helped! :(

Ok I wanted to know who are the voices behind the

IND-8th Av Line?

IND-6th Av Line?

whole BMT lines also?

And also does 1 of these people have like a voice syntheizer.Thx appreciated.

7th av-Diane Thompson

Lex-Jessica Ettinger

Well the 6th Avenue Line haven't receive any NTT's as of yet....still waiting for the (F) to hurry up and get them, but Dianne Thompson makes the announcement on the (F)....unsure if its the entire route...we'll have to see!

On the R-160-A-2 (E) the voice is Catherine Cowdery

On the Eastern Division R-160's (J)(L)(M) and (Z) and the Broadway Line (N) and (Q) is Catherine Cowdery with the help of Dianne Thompson.

IE: Catherine Cowdery: This is Sutphin Blvd-JFK Airport

Dianne Thompson: transfer is available to the (E) train, Catherine Cowedery connection is available to the Long Island Rail Road, Dianne Thompson and AirTrain to JFK Airport and thats on the (J)

On the (N)

Catherine Cowdery: This is Astoria Blvd

Dianne Thompson: Transfer is available to the M60 bus to LaGuardia Airport, This is a Man-hattan bound (N) Train

Catherine Cowdery: TheNextStopIs 30th Avenue

These ppl are from Bloomberg radio and probably pre-recorded. I hope that helped out a lil bit!

Well the 6th Avenue Line haven't receive any NTT's as of yet....still waiting for the (F) to hurry up and get them, but Dianne Thompson makes the announcement on the (F)....unsure if its the entire route...we'll have to see!

On the R-160-A-2 (E) the voice is Catherine Cowdery

On the Eastern Division R-160's (J)(L)(M) and (Z) and the Broadway Line (N) and (Q) is Catherine Cowdery with the help of Dianne Thompson.

IE: Catherine Cowdery: This is Sutphin Blvd-JFK Airport

Dianne Thompson: transfer is available to the (E) train, Catherine Cowedery connection is available to the Long Island Rail Road, Dianne Thompson and AirTrain to JFK Airport and thats on the (J)

On the (N)

Catherine Cowdery: This is Astoria Blvd

Dianne Thompson: Transfer is available to the M60 bus to LaGuardia Airport, This is a Man-hattan bound (N) Train

Catherine Cowdery: TheNextStopIs 30th Avenue

These ppl are from Bloomberg radio and probably pre-recorded. I hope that helped out a lil bit!

why does Catherine require help with Dianne?

Yes buy she could do solo, unless her voice isn't gd now, seeing that her voice on the 7th Ave line seems much diff then the IND/BMT version

Dianne is solo on the (A) when they had the 30 day test on the R-160A and she will also be on the (F).... and these train announcements are pre-recorded!

Dianne Thompson's (F) announcements seem informative. We'll have to wait and see. Sorry to go off topic for a bit, but I think the Kawasaki built R160B cars will hit the (F) first before the Alstom built R160A's go. I think the (F) might use the cars by the spring at least.

Their announcements are great, sometimes a bit too low on the (L).

Dianne Thompson's (F) announcements seem informative. We'll have to wait and see. Sorry to go off topic for a bit, but I think the Kawasaki built R160B cars will hit the (F) first before the Alstom built R160A's go. I think the (F) might use the cars by the spring at least.

Their announcements are great, sometimes a bit too low on the (L).

The Eastern Division announcements are usually low!

• 6 months later...

So it's Diane Thompson on the F train? It doesnt sound like her. I guess it's probably the fact that its been a couple of years since her 2 Train recordings? I wish they would've used Catherine instead on the F... I love her on the E train. I know Catherine makes a transfer announcement on the F Train at 14th Street. Im gonna try and get a video of that.

Here is my favourite announcement by Catherine.

I know, doesn't Dianne sound quite different from her IRT days? But, to be honest, I do like her announcements, just not the fact that she says "AND" with a street higher than 100: "The next stop is One Hundred AND Sixty-Ninth Street."

I ride mostly in Brooklyn and Manhattan, so I hadn't noticed that.

But they really messed up on a lot of the station names.

Like "Smith-9th Street" instead of "Smith-9th Streets"

I hate the "Lower East Side-2nd Ave"... first of all that station is in the East Village, and second, I just resent that they added the LES to 2Av.

Then there is Delancey Street-Essex Street & West 4th Street-Washington Sq :eek:

Trying to make sense of who does the announcements.

1. Dianne Thompson does the (2) and (F) stops, even though the voice is different between the two aforementioned lines, assists Catherine Chowdry on other lines.

2. Catherine Chowdry does the (E)(J)(Z)(L)(M)(N)(Q) and (W) stops.

3. Jessica Ettinger-Gottesman does the (4)(5) and (6) announcements.

4. Charlie Pellett does various announcements such as "Stand Clear of the Closing doors."

I hope I got this right, please correct me if I missed anything or got any incorrect info.

Trying to make sense of who does the announcements.

1. Dianne Thompson does the (2) and (F) stops, even though the voice is different between the two aforementioned lines, assists Catherine Chowdry on other lines.

2. Catherine Chowdry does the (E)(J)(Z)(L)(M)(N)(Q) and (W) stops.

3. Jessica Ettinger-Gottesman does the (4)(5) and (6) announcements.

4. Charlie Pellett does various announcements such as "Stand Clear of the Closing doors."

I hope I got this right, please correct me if I missed anything or got any incorrect info.

Your right, but Charlie also makes transfer announcements on the (2)(4)(5) and (6).....also Dianne Thompson is on the *(1) *(3) *(A) *(C) *Franklin Avenue and Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street (S)huttles. Catherine Cowdery is also on the *(:P *(D) *(G) *(R) and *(V). Also you forgot she makes announcements on the (Z) as well!

*Doesn't use NTT's yet!

Melissa sounded seductive (not that I have any objections to that >.> )

i <3 Jessica Ettinger's announcements! They are FTW. And I think she should have done more on other subway lines too. You can hear her from the opposite platforms.

Yeah. There's this cool youtube with some of her announcements... but if Melissa was removed for not sounding stern enough... why did they get Catherine?... she sounds seductive sometimes too... just listen to that other vid of the E announcement I posted, lol.

Melissa sounded seductive (not that I have any objections to that >.> )

i <3 Jessica Ettinger's announcements! They are FTW. And I think she should have done more on other subway lines too. You can hear her from the opposite platforms.

Can't deny that. Even when she's not as stern (on the Manhattan-bound (6)s from Pelham Bay Park), you can hear her very clearly.

Archived