Question about DCAS hotline (Track Worker exam)

Tricknologist

When you call the DCAS hotline to check out your list status and the automated line states "last eligible certified 1,421"(currently for Track Worker), does that mean that if you fall within list #1,421 but are "not on an outstanding certification" that you will get called, but it's just a matter of when?

• 9 months later...

When you call the DCAS hotline to check out your list status and the automated line states "last eligible certified 1,421"(currently for Track Worker), does that mean that if you fall within list #1,421 but are "not on an outstanding certification" that you will get called, but it's just a matter of when?

im trying to find out the same thing can any one answer this question plz im in the 800's

this is the list

http://www.thechief-leader.com/news/2007-04-06/Civil_Service_Exam_Stories/From_April_2006_Exam_Track_Worker_Roster_Issued.html

im trying to find out the same thing can any one answer this question plz im in the 800's

this is the list

http://www.thechief-leader.com/news/2007-04-06/Civil_Service_Exam_Stories/From_April_2006_Exam_Track_Worker_Roster_Issued.html

Last certified just means the last list number they sent to (NYCT) for possible consideration to be hired. But if the last eligible is 1421 and your list number is in the 800's, either they skipped over your name or your letter of appointment got lost in the mail. I suggest you contact 180 livingston street and see what happened. Also the dcas hotline should tell you the last list number appointed as well.

Last certified just means the last list number they sent to (NYCT) for possible consideration to be hired. But if the last eligible is 1421 and your list number is in the 800's, either they skipped over your name or your letter of appointment got lost in the mail. I suggest you contact 180 livingston street and see what happened. Also the dcas hotline should tell you the last list number appointed as well.

Thanks for clearing that up Will, I thought last certified meant that those people had started the pre employment process. DCAS and their terminology...:confused:

Last certified just means the last list number they sent to (NYCT) for possible consideration to be hired. But if the last eligible is 1421 and your list number is in the 800's, either they skipped over your name or your letter of appointment got lost in the mail.

They still haven't reached those eligible in the 800s yet. The last one hired is in the 500s, and it's been stuck at that range for a long time.

They still haven't reached those eligible in the 800s yet. The last one hired is in the 500s, and it's been stuck at that range for a long time.

Well in that case, that's the first I've seen them do that. When you call the hotline does it say your list number is on an outstanding status. Which means they sent your list number and info to (NYCT).

Well in that case, that's the first I've seen them do that. When you call the hotline does it say your list number is on an outstanding status. Which means they sent your list number and info to (NYCT).

i just call and it said im curently on a outstanding certification but i still have not herd from them i wonder if my letter got lost in the mail.B)

i just call and it said im curently on a outstanding certification but i still have not herd from them i wonder if my letter got lost in the mail.B)

I guess you haven't read my other post explaining what that means ?. If the hotline tells you that your list number is on an outstanding certification it means that your list number has not been sent to (NYCT) yet, but is very close to being in the next batch of list numbers that are sent to them. No one can tell you how much longer it will be for (NYCT) to get in contact with you from this point, but it shouldn't be too long from this point on. Maybe another 4-6 months. This is not a factual estimate that I'am giving you, but rather a guesstimate .

Archived