Funky people

DOB2RTO

This is to the Funk Masters out there. If you just got out of Rikers or the "Boat", or are homeless, do me favor. If you get out after being locked up for two or more days, or can't find water to wash with, and want to get on the bus, after asking for the free ride, take your funky butt to the back of the bus. Don't stand next me, telling me of why you got locked up, or start talking crazy talk. It's hard for me to hear your story, while I am desperately trying to stick my head out the side window to get fresh air, due to my nose hairs standing on end, because of the funk being emitted from you underarms, mouth, and taint area, going up my nose, and start kicking the heck out of my tear ducts.

Go to the back of the bus and stank up that area, PLEASE!

I would draw another white line where the rear doors start. That should keep the stank back enough so that everytime the rear doors open, the stank gets some kind of help with the imcoming air from the rear doors.

Then I announce to the entire bus "Please Stand Behind The New White Line!". Everybody would have to stand behind the new white line. If you stank or not, behind the white line please.

HAHAHA! Sounds like you had a bad day.

Yeah, those kind of ppl that ask the driver for a free ride, just bothers the driver during the whole way. And the driver is telling ya to just sit your ass down, IN DA BACK!

No, it's actually happened quite a few times. Bad B/O (Body Odor), or the stanky alcoholic breath. One time on the Bx1/2 lines last year, a drunk came in, started telling me his life story, and the alcohol from his breath nearly got me drunk. I tried to crawl out the operators window that day. It was horrendous.

The free rides, I have at least 30+ a day. Yes, it's REALLY that bad. I'm not exaggerating. I don't care about that, never did, and never will. NYCTA drivers can't win that situation.

The stuff we put up with daily.

I cracked a few jokes to my friend about the thoughts of bus drivers; just to pass some time. My bus driver joined in and told me some stories about some passengers that gave him a hard time. :(

If you want to know some thoughts of bus drivers, just ask, and I will share what runs through our minds. It ain't nice, just to let you know.

Hmm.. One question that always comes to mind.

I sit near the front, because I like to study all the gear and stuff..

But it makes me mad when people come up to the doors, make the driver open them and ask "Hey, is this the 134?" When CLEARLY it says on the Rear, Right Side and FRONT of the bus "134-Riverside".

Has that ever happened to you? I bet the drivers must think some of the passengers are just downright dumb.

No, it's actually happened quite a few times. Bad B/O (Body Odor), or the stanky alcoholic breath. One time on the Bx1/2 lines last year, a drunk came in, started telling me his life story, and the alcohol from his breath nearly got me drunk. I tried to crawl out the operators window that day. It was horrendous.

The free rides, I have at least 30+ a day. Yes, it's REALLY that bad. I'm not exaggerating. I don't care about that, never did, and never will. NYCTA drivers can't win that situation.

The stuff we put up with daily.

I remember once on the bus someone broke the fare box and the driver didn't even bother fixing it and just let everyone in for free

But it makes me mad when people come up to the doors, make the driver open them and ask "Hey, is this the 134?" When CLEARLY it says on the Rear, Right Side and FRONT of the bus "134-Riverside".

Has that ever happened to you? I bet the drivers must think some of the passengers are just downright dumb.

hey, at least the signs on your buses actually WORK!

here in NYC we're forced to do that because most of the signs on the buses don't work!!

i remember when Triboro still had the Q38 literally NONE of the buses had signs and the driver would tape a paper to the front window that says Q38

I remember once on the bus someone broke the fare box and the driver didn't even bother fixing it and just let everyone in for free

He probably had a long day and someone breaking it didnt make it any better. Probably didnt want to take any crap, so he just let people on.

Yes it has, more than you think. Some drivers say to those who ask, "what does the sign say". I want to, but then realize it ain't worth it.

I will let you all in on a little secret. When the farebox goes down in service, we suppose to call it in. Again, suppose. We WILL be told to continue in service, and let the customers ride, and then if a dispatcher is out, they will have them make a swap. Usually if someone is pulling in, they will give you their bus, and they would take the bad bus in. I have already got a talking to by a dispatcher. Nothing bad. But, we won't be calling petty stuff like that in. Let them ride, and write it up. It will be fixed at the end of the buses tour. Besides think about it. Most people use MetroCard. The MTA already got their money before you got on the bus, and swiped your card.

He probably had a long day and someone breaking it didnt make it any better. Probably didnt want to take any crap, so he just let people on.

A broken farebox makes our days better. I just hate those who come up, and ask for a transfer, when they got on for free due to the box being down. How am I suppose to give them a transfer.

The stupidity we put up with.

Archived