Railfan Trip 07/01/09

Even though this sounds a little too early to do this I'm planning a group railfan trip in July called the 1-2-3 Brooklyn. The idea of this trip is to ride the Slants on the (A) If they are still around and ride the R160A-2s or R160B on the (F) in Brooklyn. The lines I'm planning on doing is the (A)(-_-(C)(D)(F)(Q) lines. This trip is during Summer vacation so most of you guys can make it. The max hours I can do is 3 1/2 hours. The date is still on hold So I'll post later this month or in May or June what date is good in July. The station I want to start at is At W 4th Street Station (Downtown (A)(C)(E) trains platform) and end at W 125th Street.

Please reply if you can or can't not make it. Tell me what date you guys suggest and I want it to be a weakday

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both days is cool. In fact June 30th - my school is like empty without classes so I'll quit the day (half-day for all students) which isn't that cool. Also, having an empty stomach and smell bus fuel when riding home = Pfft, yuck! ;)...

so I then I'll try to do one of those dates

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

If you want slants, bring urbanfortitude. He's got the luck.

But yeah I'd like to go but it's too early to be definite.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

If you want slants, bring urbanfortitude. He's got the luck.

But yeah I'd like to go but it's too early to be definite.

I'm thinking about doing it on 6/30/2009 or 7/1/2009

And Smoot178 I was actully thinking about bringing urbanfortitude

UPDATE AS OF 4/16/2009: The train trip 1-2-3 Brooklyn trip will definitely be on 6/30/2009 or 7/1/2009. Now if anyone thinks is there another BMT/IND lines we should do feel free to reply. NOTE: Can't do the following BMT/IND lines (J)(L)(M)(S)(Z)(V)

We should go SMEE hunting that day, because the SMEEs are greatly diminished by then.

We should go SMEE hunting that day, because the SMEEs are greatly diminished by then.

ok here's my idea

First we will wait for an R40 Slant or R32 on the (A) and take it to Jay Street

Then we will take an R32, R40M, R42 or R160s on the (F) and take pics at Smith-9th Streets and at 4th Avenue and then another (F) train to W 8th Street and ride an R68/R68A on the (Q) to Coney Island.

Next I was thinking about having a lunch break at Coney Island.

Then will hope on the (Q) to Brighton Beach and transfer to the (:D and then take it to Atlantic Avenue for the (D).

Then we will take the (D) to W 59th Street or W 125th Street and wait for an R32 or R40 Slant (A).

Then we will take the (A) to Inwood-207th Street and then take it back to W 145th Street.

Then take the (B) to W 125th Street and that will end our trip.

Here's the list of Stations will be stopping at

Coney Island

Smith-9th Streets

4th Avenue

Avenue X

Jay Street

W 8th Street

Brighton Beach

Sheapshead Bay

Atlantic Avenue

W 168th Street

Inwood-207th Street

W 145th Street

now tell what you guys think

ok here's my idea

First we will wait for an R40 Slant or R32 on the (A) and take it to Jay Street

Then we will take an R32, R40M, R42 or R160s on the (F) and take pics at Smith-9th Streets and at 4th Avenue and then another (F) train to W 8th Street and ride an R68/R68A on the (Q) to Coney Island.

Next I was thinking about having a lunch break at Coney Island.

Then will hope on the (Q) to Brighton Beach and transfer to the (:D and then take it to Atlantic Avenue for the (D).

Then we will take the (D) to W 59th Street or W 125th Street and wait for an R32 or R40 Slant (A).

Then we will take the (A) to Inwood-207th Street and then take it back to W 145th Street.

Then take the (B) to W 125th Street and that will end our trip.

Here's the list of Stations will be stopping at

Coney Island

Smith-9th Streets

4th Avenue

Avenue X

Jay Street

W 8th Street

Brighton Beach

Sheapshead Bay

Atlantic Avenue

W 168th Street

Inwood-207th Street

W 145th Street

now tell what you guys think

I don't think I want to go all the way to Inwood. My idea is to hop at 145th, take the D to Yankee and go to the 4 platforms and take a view pics. The Yankee fans would love it. Plus good pic ops there.

How about this...

Meet at Rockaway Park. or (Roosevelt Ave. Requires to take Q-53.) at 11:00AM

Do the same trip, but eliminating the West-8th R-68 (Q) thing since it is just one stop away. We can do any train!

Also, eliminate the length from 168th Street on (A)(C) to 207th just to make you (Daniel) and MTR (Henry) happy. Go back down on the (A)(C) to 145th, go to Yankee Stadium Stop and take some pix. Then go back south via (4) and end the trip at Grand Central!

Sounds nice or a little too much?

I can't go to Queens. We can try to do the Bronx Part though but we can't meet in Queens

I'm in!

Wha... another conference call?

>=/ heeey no jokes! aside from the part where we went underground and i got cut off from the call it went just fine LOL.

Anyway well lets get this trip straightened out. If there is something else you guys want to do that Dan can't do we just do a separate trip earlier on for those who can. Not like the subway is going anywhere anytime soon.

Nice trip, but there's a little problem. By the middle of May, all slants will be gone. By the end of June, the amount of R40Ms will either be greatly diminished or gone completely. So that makes it much harder to get an RFW on the (A) and (F). There might not be any more RFW on the (F) if enough R160s arrive by then.

Nice trip, but there's a little problem. By the middle of May, all slants will be gone. By the end of June, the amount of R40Ms will either be greatly diminished or gone completely. So that makes it much harder to get an RFW on the (A) and (F). There might not be any more RFW on the (F) if enough R160s arrive by then.

oh I thought the slants was going to retire in Late July or early August cause I thought there's 120 slants in total. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I always wanted to ride the R160's on the (F) and try to catch the R68/R68A's on the (Q) before the (Q) may be fully R160's when the (W) is gone. And another thing will the R42's may be still around and I'm also trying to ride the R32's on the (A) and (C) and do you have any other good suggestions besides going to Queens?

Archived