New & old cars at Transit Tech H.S.

R33WF

Now THAT's the kind of crane we could use up at BERA :D

But that would kill all the fun of getting shop trucks ready and what about the 3 hase power supply you and I worked on? Although it would be sweet to see the R9 swinging in the breeze.

BY the way, great vids. Does anyone on this board go to transit tech so we can see there set up in there?

But that would kill all the fun of getting shop trucks ready and what about the 3 hase power supply you and I worked on? Although it would be sweet to see the R9 swinging in the breeze.

BY the way, great vids. Does anyone on this board go to transit tech so we can see there set up in there?

Haha I know, I was kidding...it's fun to do it the "old school way"...were you around when we used the turn of the (last) century automatic saw? I can't remember when we did that, might have been around Christmas, might have been in the spring...I didn't hit my head but the days just blend together sometimes...

Now that we got that control box mounted it's just a matter of wiring it and seeing if the jacks work. Then all that's left is to make a ventilation shaft for the MA and seal it so that the saw dusted air from the shop doesn't get into the commutator...and add a flap vent where it meets the fresh air so that small animals don't wander down into the MA and get owned. Should be fun.

Then when all that's done that arnine is gonna lift right up...shop trucks more or less ready from what I've heard, may do some grinding this weekend and some inspections pre-next weekend. I can't wait

What sort of things do they teach at transit tech? Definitely wish we had a school like that out here in suburbia...

They are probably producing the next generation's transit workers. Probably teaching them how to read line diagrams, how to operate a train?

Sounds like a great school to me!

how to operate a train?

Nope.

Transit Technology High School has had a positive working relationship with the MTA for many years. Technology has been the number one priority at Transit Tech High School and many courses in computer repair, programming, electrical, and machine technology are offered. Many of the skills necessary for a successful career in technology can be learned working on an actual subway rail car in the technical laboratory. Skills such as machine repair, electrical trouble-shooting, and electrical installation are routinely practiced on the rail car!

Source: http://tths.org/node/697

All NYC Public Schools must follow the core curriculum set by the Department of Education, so yes, they have the same basic classes all other High Schools have. You can't transfer until the next school year unless you do a safety transfer, also, transfers are only approved if the school you wish to transfer to has an available seat. It's easier said than done in getting a transfer.

Is there any available seat at TTHS?
No clue. I don't do High School registration. You would have to call Transit Tech HS. Also remember, your parents will have to start the transfer since they are your legal guardians.

to ansrew everybodies questions i go to tths and the classes that the y have are all regular classes plus rail car lab ,electric shop , welding shop ,mechiane shop. they dont teach you how to operorate trains but they do teach you how to repair equipment. but when you have these shop classes you must also have your other classes such as math reading gym and all the other classes plus you pick the shop you want to attend.

It's not that close to a subway stop either right?

It's like 10 minutes to Norwood Ave and Euclid Ave stations, right?

it's about 2-3 blocks from the (J) so I would say it's pretty close to the stop at Norwood Avenue.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1+Wells+St,+Brooklyn,+NY&daddr=Norwood+Ave&geocode=%3BFZu_bAIdBLKY-w&hl=en&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=40.68015,-73.875289&sspn=0.006753,0.017531&ie=UTF8&ll=40.679805,-73.877575&spn=0.00313,0.00293&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=1+Wells+St,+Brooklyn,+NY&daddr=Norwood+Ave&geocode=%3BFZu_bAIdBLKY-w&hl=en&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=40.68015,-73.875289&sspn=0.006753,0.017531&ie=UTF8&ll=40.679805,-73.877575&spn=0.00313,0.00293" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/GMAPS]

Archived