My Subway Map - Includes the yellow (D) and the (P)(T)(Y)

Luis1985

I made my own subway map that includes the Yellow (D), and the (P)(T)(Y) that runs via 2 Ave, and into the Bronx.

The (T) runs to Rockaway Av, Brooklyn via Church Av Local and Red Hook.

The (;)(R)(Y) run into Staten Island:

(B) to Staten Island Mall, all times via 4 Av Local

(R) to Port Richmond (Yellow (D) replaces the (R) late nights via 4 Av Local)

(Y) to Tottenville via the (SIR) line.

The (V) replaces the (B) between Broadway-Lafayette St, Manhattan and Brighton Beach, Brooklyn via Brighton Express, Weekdays only.

(D) yellow replaces the (R) late nights between DeKalb Av and Port Richmond, Staten Island, via 4 Av Local. (it doesnt show on the map though.)

Yellow (D) operates between Jamaica Center, Queens and Brighton Beach weekdays, Weekends to Coney Island, Late Nights to Port Richmond, Staten Island

The (S) Franklin Av and 42 St Shuttles are now just 1 regular (S) line that operates between Grand Central, Manhattan and Prospect Park, Brooklyn via 42 St/11 Av/14 St (via the (L) line) and Franklin Av Local, all times.

The Rockaway Park Shuttle (Blue (S)) operates between Far Rockaway-Mott Av and Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St, Queens at all times. Trains no longer stop at Broad Channel.

The (H) operates between Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St, Queens and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts at all times via Fulton St Local. Weekends, trains are extended to Canal St Manhattan. (No (C) service on Weekends)

(K) operates between Washington Hts-168 St and World Trade Center, Manhattan via 8 Av-CPW Local all times.

(Q)(W) train service is extended to LaGuardia Airport at all times. Some <Q>(W) diamond trains operate express in Queens and are marked by a <> symbol on trains.

The (N)(W) switches. (W) runs between La Guardia Airport and Coney Island via Broadway Express and 4 Ave Local. The (N) operates between Forest Hills-71 Av, and Whitehall St, Manhattan weekdays, and gets extended to Bay Parkway on the West End Line during rush hours.

Take a look at the map and see what changes i have done to it.

(THIS MAP IS NOT REAL. I JUST MADE IT UP MYSELF.)

Thank you.

D_Yellow_via_Local.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice map, I wish I had the time for that.

Here's my critique though:

The Times Square Shuttle is built to IRT specifications and its western end abuts the 7th Avenue line, unless you want to rebuild the entire thing and put it under a new level (which means A LOT OF MONEY), I do not see it as feasible. Meanwhile, the Franklin Shuttle is rather short and it is one tracked for most of its route, so you might want to look at that.

The Y line is too long, I would cut it short at 125th and have the T run to 241st.

You don't want to end the H at Canal Street, it's not the best location for a terminal. What I would do is, run the H as an 8th Avenue Express and have it terminate inside Manhattan, probably at 145th-Concourse level.

The R will have no access to any yard.

I like the Brooklyn routes and the Bronx routes would serve fine, my question of concern is East Queens. There should be some easterly extensions of the existing lines to or near the city line.

For Staten Island access, I would actually construct a line running under Fort Hamilton Parkway from the F station to the bridge and then over it to Staten Island. There was a plan like that in the IND Second System.

I don't see much justification for a West End Express line. Culver needs the express service more.

Sending another line from the IND QBL to Jamaica Ctr. will be too much for the station to handle. The switch is too far back from the station. If you send a line there, I would recommend extending the Archer Avenue Subway, making good use of the line.

Whitehall is another inadequate terminal, I would either send a service into Brooklyn or cut it short to City Hall (lower level) or Canal (and then turn trains at City Hall lower level). I don't think the yellow D is needed in this case, much of its route is repeated (meaning it follows another line for its entire alignment).

I am afraid this will exacerbate the Dekalb interlocking problem.

Just some opinions! :cool:

Excellent fantasy map.

Can you give us description of local, express if possible?

Looks like you turn 42nd St and Franklin Av (S)huttle train into (S) train.

(C)(H)(K)(BLUE (S):

(C) only runs weekdays.

(H) runs between Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St and Hoyt-Schemerhorn Sts Weekdays via Fulton St Local, and terminates at Canal St, Manhattan other times.

(K) runs between Washington Hts-168 St and World Trade Center via Central Park West-8 Av Local, all times.

Blue (S) runs between Far Rockaway-Mott Av and Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St at all times. (Trains no longer stop at Broad Channel)

(;)(D)(F)(V):

(:P runs between Staten Island Mall, Staten Island and 145 St, Manhattan via Staten Island Local, 4 Av Local (Stopping at DeKalb Av), 6 Av-Central Park West Express at all times, and runs via Concourse Express (To Manhattan AM-From Manhattan PM) and terminates at Bedford Park Blvd weekday rush hours only.

(D) runs between Coney Island and Norwood-205 St, Bronx via Culver Local, 6 Av-Central Park West Local and Concourse Local at all times. Rush Hour Trains run to/from Inwood-207 St (via the (A) line) and is marked by a <(D)> on trains.

(F) runs between Coney Island and Jamaica-179 St, Queens via West End-4 Av Express (Skipping DeKalb Av), 6 Av Express and Queens Blvd Express at all times.

(V) runs between Forest Hills-71 Av and Brighton Beach via Brighton Express, 6 Av Local and Queens Blvd Local, weekdays only.

Yellow (D)(N)(Q)(R)(W):

Yellow (D) runs between Brighton Beach and Jamaica Center via Brighton Express, Manhattan Bridge, Broadway Express, 63 St and Queens Blvd Local weekdays. Some Rush Hour trains run to and from 137 St-City College and Lexington Av-63 St via 2 Av Local. On Weekends, Trains run between Coney Island and Jamaica Center via Brighton Local, Manhattan Bridge, Broadway Express and Queens Blvd Local. LATE NIGHT TRAINS REPLACE THE (R) BETWEEN TIMES SQ-42 ST AND PORT RICHMOND, STATEN ISLAND via Broadway Local, Manhattan Bridge (STOPPING AT DEKALB AV), 4 Av Local.

(N) runs between Forest Hills-71 av and South Ferry, Weekdays only via Queens Blvd Local, 60 St and Broadway Local. Rush Hours, trains is extended to Bay

Parkway on the West End Line via 4 Av-West End Express.

(Q) runs between La Guardia Airport and Coney Island via Brighton Local, Lower Manhattan, Broadway Local, 60 St and Astoria Local. Rush hours, trains run express in Queens (To Manhattan AM-From Manhattan PM) and is marked by a <Q> on trains.

(R) runs between Port Richmond, Staten Island and 137 St-City College, Manhattan via Staten Island Local, 4 Av Express, Manhattan Bridge (Skipping DeKalb Av), Broadway Express, 63 St and 2 Av Local at all times except Late Nights. Late nights, trains operate between 137 St-City College and Times Sq-42 St via 2 Av Local and Broadway Express. (LATE NIGHTS, YELLOW (D) REPLACES THE (R) BETWEEN TIMES SQ-42 ST AND PORT RICHMOND, STATEN ISLAND.)

(W) runs between Coney Island and La Guardia Airport via Sea Beach-4 Av Local (Stopping at DeKalb Av), Manhattan Bridge, Broadway Express, 60 St and Astoria Local Weekdays. Rush Hour trains run express in Queens and is marked by a <(W)> on trains. Weekends, trains run via Broadway Local, Manhattan Bridge (Stopping at DeKalb Av), via 4 Av-Sea Beach Local. Late Nights trains operates via Astoria, Broadway Local, Lower Manhattan (NO BRIDGE) and 4 Av-Sea Beach Local.

(M):

(M) No Longer Runs to and from Bay Parkway.

(S) Franklin Av-42 St Shuttles:

(S) trains operate as only one entire line between Grand Central, Manhattan and Prospect Park, Brooklyn via 42 St-11 Av-14 St Local and Franklin Av Local, at all times.

(G) runs between Church Av and Court Sq via Crosstown Local-Culver Express weekdays only. Late Nights and Weekends, trains run between Smith-9 Sts and Forest Hills-71 Av via Queens Blvd-Crosstown Local.

(P)(T)(Y):

(P) runs between Fordham Plaza and South Ferry via 3 Av Local, and 2 Av Express, all times except late nights. Late Nights, trains operate via 2 Av Local.

(T) runs between 137 St-City College and Rockaway Av, Brooklyn via 125 St Local, 2 Av Local, Red Hook and Church Av Local, all times.

(Y) runs between E. 242 St, Bronx and Tottenville, Staten Island via Webster Av Local, 2 Av Express and Staten Island Local (via (SIR) line.) (PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL (Y) TRAINS ONLY OPERATE WITH 4 CARS)

All other train service remains unchanged.

Can you also tell me about fantasy IRT lines also?

I cannot see (3), (8), (9), <2> too well.

i forgot to mention:

(2)(3)(9):

(2) operates between Flatbush Av, Broooklyn and 241 St, Bronx via 7 Ave Express, daily. Rush Hours, trains runs to and from Dyre Ave during rush hours only and is marked by a <(2)> on trains. Late Nights, trains operate between E 241 St, Bronx and 96 St, Manhattan. For Late Night service to Brooklyn, take the (3) instead.

The (3) operates between 148 St-Lenox Terminal, Manhattan and New Lots Ave, Brooklyn via 7 Av Local all times except late nights. Some Rush Hour trains run between 137 St-City College and New Lots Av via Broadway-7 Ave Local and is noted by a <(3)> on trains. Late Nights, (3) trains replaces the (2) between 96 St and Flatbush Av. For late night service to New Lots Ave, take the (4) instead.

(9) trains operate between Van Cortlandt Park-242 St, Bronx and South Ferry, Manhattan via Broadway Local-7 Av Express weekdays. Rush Hour Trains operate express (To Manhattan AM-From Manhattan PM) in Upper Manhattan and The Bronx via Broadway-7 Av Express and is marked by a <(9)> on trains. No Late Night or Weekend service is provided.

(8) via Lexington Av Local:

(8) trains operate between Woodlawn, Bronx and Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan via Jerome Av Local and Lexington Av Local, Weekdays only. Rush Hours trains operate between Woodlawn, Bronx and South Ferry Terminal, Manhattan and runs express in the Bronx (To Manhattan AM-From Manhattan PM), and is marked by a <8> on the trains. No Late Night or Weekend service is provided.

(7)<7> service is extended to Chelsea Piers-14 St, Manhattan via 12 Av Local.

(L) train is extended to Chelsea Piers-14 St, Manhattan via 14 St Local.

Here is the fleet assignment:

8 Ave-Staten Island Railway Line:

(A): R40M* R42* R44 R46 R68 R68A R160A

(C): R32* R38* R40M* R42* R44 R46 R68A R160A

(E): R40M* R42* R46 R68 R68A R160A

(H): R44 R46 R160B

(K): R46 R160A

(S)(Blue): R44 R46 R68 R160B

(SIR): R44 R68 R68A

6 Ave Line:

(;): R68 R68A

(D): R68 R68A

(F): R40M* R46 R68A R160A

(V): R46 R68A R160B

Broadway Line:

(D)(Yellow): R68 R68A

(N): R40M* R46 R68 R68A R160B

(Q): R68A

(R): R32* R40M* R42* R46 R68A

(W): R46 R68A

Brooklyn-Queens Crosstown Line:

(G): R46 R68 R68A

Nassau St Line:

(J): R42* R46 R68A R160A

(M): R46 R68 R68A R160A

(Z): R42* R46 R68A R160A

14 St/Canarsie-42 St/11 Av/Franklin Av Line:

(L): R68A R143 R160A

(S): R68 R68A

2 Av Line:

(P): R46 R68A R160A R160B

(T): R46 R68 R68A R160A R160B

(Y): R46 R68A R160A R160B

7 Av Line:

(1): R62 R62A

(2): R62 R62A R142

(3): R62

(9): R62 R62A R142

Lexington Av Line:

(4): R62 R62A R142A

(5): R62 R62A R142A

(6): R62 R62A R142A

(8): R62 R62A R142A

42 St-Flushing Line:

(7) R62 R62A

*Soon to be retired.

Here is the fleet assignment:

8 Ave-Staten Island Railway Line:

(A): R40M* R42* R44 R46 R68 R68A R160A

(C): R32* R38* R40M* R42* R44 R46 R68A R160A

(E): R40M* R42* R46 R68 R68A R160A

(H): R44 R46 R160B

(K): R46 R160A

(S)(Blue): R44 R46 R68 R160B

(SIR): R44 R68 R68A

6 Ave Line:

(;): R68 R68A

(D): R68 R68A

(F): R40M* R46 R68A R160A

(V): R46 R68A R160B

Broadway Line:

(D)(Yellow): R68 R68A

(N): R40M* R46 R68 R68A R160B

(Q): R68A

(R): R32* R40M* R42* R46 R68A

(W): R46 R68A

Brooklyn-Queens Crosstown Line:

(G): R46 R68 R68A

Nassau St Line:

(J): R42* R46 R68A R160A

(M): R46 R68 R68A R160A

(Z): R42* R46 R68A R160A

14 St/Canarsie-42 St/11 Av/Franklin Av Line:

(L): R68A R143 R160A

(S): R68 R68A

2 Av Line:

(P): R46 R68A R160A R160B

(T): R46 R68 R68A R160A R160B

(Y): R46 R68A R160A R160B

7 Av Line:

(1): R62 R62A

(2): R62 R62A R142

(3): R62

(9): R62 R62A R142

Lexington Av Line:

(4): R62 R62A R142A

(5): R62 R62A R142A

(6): R62 R62A R142A

(8): R62 R62A R142A

42 St-Flushing Line:

(7) R62 R62A

*Soon to be retired.

Very nice stuff, I will design a map of my own and I will figure what trains and how many trains are going to each line (it's hard), so I will be Mr Dispatcher during the summer

• 2 months later...
Seen the map before but never commented, nice one Louis! Well at least the (D)(R)(2)(5) Is the Longest real line there. lol

Keep it up! BTW how did you made this?!

i went to NYCsubway.org, i downloaded the map on to my computer, and from there i used the paint program to make the changes. it took me a LOOOOOOOOOONG While to do this, lol.

Seen the map before but never commented, nice one Louis! Well at least the (D)(R)(2)(5) Is the Longest real line there. lol

Keep it up! BTW how did you made this?!

yup, the (A)(B)(D)(Q)<Q>(W) lines are the longest as well.

But on my Updated Map:

(B) and (D) run to Orchard Beach, serving Co-Op City and City Island. (B) all times except late nights, (D) all times.

(B) runs between Orchard Beach and Staten Island Mall, all times except late nights with some Rush Hour Trains to Bay Parkway via West End Exp (9 Av to Bay Parkway.) Late Night trains replace the (E)(F). (B) trains operate between Jamaica-179 St and Staten Island Mall via Queens Exp, (Queens Blvd Exp-53 St) Manhattan Local, Brooklyn Local and Staten Island Local.

(D) runs between Orchard Beach and Coney Island, all times with rush hour trains to and from 207 St, marked by a <D> on trains.

Yellow (D) runs between Jamaica Center, and Brighton Beach via Queens Local, Exp in Bklyn and Manhattan weekdays. On weekends, via Queens Local, Manhattan Exp, Brighton Local. LATE NIGHT TRAINS REPLACE THE (E)(R) and operate between Jamaica Center and Port Richmond, Staten Island via Local in Queens, Manhattan (via Bridge), Brooklyn and Staten Island.

(E) runs all times except late nights. ((B) replaces the (E)(F) in Manhattan and Queens via 53 St-Queens Blvd Exp, Late Nights only.) From Jamaica Center, take Yellow (D) to Union Turnpike and Transfer to the (B) for service via 53 St)

(F) now runs via Sea Beach Express all times except late night.

(Late Night Trains run only from 36 St to Coney Island via Sea Beach. Take (B) at 36 St.)

The (G) is extended to Kings highway on weekday, and to Church Av at all other times.

Some (L) trains to Grand Central during rush hours (marked as an <L>). Other times it terminates at Chelsea Piers.

(M) trains now run between Broad St, Manhattan and Woodside-61 St, Queens weekdays, and between Myrtle Av-Broadway, BK and Woodside-61 St, Queens all other times.

The (N) is extended to Kings Highway on the Sea Beach Line during rush hours. Weekday trains run from Forest Hills to the South Ferry Terminal.

(R) runs between City College-137 St and Port Richmond, Staten Island, all times except Late Nights. (LATE NIGHTS USE (W) between 57 St and 137 St, Yellow (D) for Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island)

(S) is one whole line between Prospect Park and Grand Central via 11 Av Local.

(W) operates between LaGuardia Airport and Coney Island via WEST END LOCAL, Broadway Exp (BRIDGE) and Astoria Local, all times with some rush hour trains via Exp in Queens (Marked by <W> on trains.) Weekends via Queens Local, Manhattan Local (via Lower Manhattan) and Brooklyn Local. LATE NIGHT TRAINS REPLACE THE (R) BETWEEN 57 ST AND 137 ST, ALL LOCAL STOPS)

New Routes:

(P) between Rivredale-263 St, Bronx and Postal Mail Facility, Brooklyn via 2 Av-Church Av EXP, all times except Late Nights. Late Night trains run local in Brooklyn.

(T) runs between Crescent St, Brooklyn and 137 St, Manhattan, LOCAL, ALL TIMES.

(Y) trains run between 242 St, Bronx and Tottenville, Staten Island, via 2 Av Exp, all times except late nights. Late night trains run via 2 Av Local.

Newest Routes:

(I) operates between Jay St-Boro Hall, Brooklyn and Riverbank State Park, Manhattan via Myrtle Av Local, all times.

(U) operates between Owls Head Park, Brooklyn to Riverbank State Park, Manhattan via 2 Av Local (BK), and 11 Av Local, all times.

(X) operates between Coney Island and Washington Heights-168 St via Sea Gate Local, 2 Av Exp (BK) and 11 Av Exp, all times, except late nights. Late night trains run LOCAL in Brooklyn.

(7) is extended to South Ferry via 12 Av-West St Local.

<7> is extended to South Ferry via 12 Av-West St Exp.

(A): R44, R46, R68, R68A, R160A

(C): R32*, R40M*, R42*, R44, R46, R68, R68A, R160A

(E): R40M*, R42*, R46, R68A, R160A

(H): R44, R46, R68, R160B

(K): R46, R68, R160A

: R44, R46, R68, R160B

[sIR]: R44, R68, R68A

6 Ave Line:

(B): R68, R68A

(D): R68A

(F): R40M*, R42, R46, R68A, R160A

(V): R40M*, R42*, R46, R68A, R160B