3 LIBus trips coming in May!

Qns Blvd Dom

Hello Everybody!

This will be my 1st time being in charge of a bus trip so I figure I start off with LIBus as I know the fares will be pretty much going through the roof by June unless the people upstate comes through however these trips will happen no matter what happens as it would be before the new fares anyway.

My 1st trip would be on Friday May 8th at 11:45 AM from Flushing. Meeting location will be at the N20/N21 Bus Stop. I am not expecting so many people however if I get a few people that would be great! Will be riding the following routes: N21, N27, N23, N79, N51, N19, N36, N4, and N3. The N21 will depart Flushing at 3 Mins to Noon so you really need to make sure you are there on time!

Lunch Break will be at Roosevelt Field Mall (In between the N79 and N51) for about 45-50 Minutes.

Trip will end at Green Acres Mall after getting off the N3. However there will by a freestyle type of trip right after this after having dinner at Green Acres Mall that anybody is welcome to take part in. The freestyle part of the trip will depart Green Acres Mall no later then 8 PM and is expected to last about a few hours.

I am also going to have a Saturday trip and a Friday evening only trip as well. The Saturday trip will happen on 5/16 departing from Flushing by the N20/N21 bus stop. I am looking at a Noon Hour departure on this 1. The exact time will be posted soon. The Friday evening trip will be on 5/22 departing from 169th and Hillside by Citibank. I am leaning towards a 5-6 PM departure at this point. I am going to be working on those 2 trip plans at this time and will post back here once I get them done. I just posting it ahead of time so like that people can plan ahead if they want to come.

If anybody is interested in attending, please post back here, PM Me, or E-Mail me @ DBCOOL718@msn.com.

Thanks for reading! :)

I am now going to release the info for the Saturday trip (Trip #2) as I am just done writing out the plans. This trip is more for covering a lot of ground as well as hitting up a few key spots including 2 chances for Suffolk Transit shots. It's not as many routes as the Friday trip. Time from Flushing will be 11:10-11:15 AM by the N20/N21 bus stop on Roosevelt Ave. Following routes will be covered on this trip: N20, N80, N19, N72, N15, and N33.

The last trip will be posted as this week go's on. I know I am posting early however it's better early then later.

I was not too clear about my 2nd trip in terms of what will go down in terms of meal stops.

The 2nd Trip Stops will consists of the following:

Stop includes:

Hicksville LIRR Station (Photography/Snack Stop for those that want a little something to drink and eat)

Sunrise Mall (Mainly a somewhat short Lunch Stop however some Photography can be squeezed in there)

Babylon LIRR Station (Rest Stop and Photography Stop)

Hempstead Bus Terminal (Quick Photography Stop)

Long Beach Bus Terminal/LIRR Station (Dinner and Photography Stop)

I highly suggest giving me a reservation for any 1, 2, or all 3 trips by replying to this topic or E-Mail me at DBCOOL718@msn.com so like that I can get an idea of who is going to come.

I got a notice on the Spring Pick LIBus Service Changes and it does not look good for the N36 leg of the Friday day trip. Not only it got change from Every 1/2 hour to every hour, the times have changed as well. So I am going to drop the N36 leg of the trip because we would only have about 6-7 Minutes at Freeport Railroad Station after getting off the N19.

It will now be N4 to Central Ave and N1 to Green Acres for the Friday day trip. Also in the process, the trip will end eariler and the freestyle part of the trip will now leave Green Acres no later then 7:30 PM.

Also for the Saturday trip, the trip will now have a little longer lunch break at Sunrise Mall due to a schedule change on the N19. It would cut into the time on how long we are staying @ Babylon RR Station however we still would be able to photograph some SCT buses as we would be in there in time to see the 4 PM buses loading up so we should have a few minutes to get some pics.

The Friday Night LIBus trip plan is now in the works. I was to do it last week however I was away for a few days and I had to do other things so I am able to get around to it before the week is over.

So far I have been falling behind with the release for the Friday Night Trip Plan. It's almost done and I should have it up soon.

So far, I got about 2 people (1 Yes and 1 Maybe) for the friday trip. Saturday Trip has 1 person so far and I am hoping that I get some more people for the trip next week. Also so far, I got 1 person for the Friday Night LIBus Trip.

The following Deadline's to RSVP the 3 LIBus trips are:

Friday LIBus Day Trip: This Friday 9 AM

Saturday LIBus Trip: Next Saturday 9 AM

Friday Night LIBus Trip: 5/23 by 3 PM

This is to get a rough idea on who am I expecting to come.

Thanks for reading!

The following Deadline's to RSVP the 3 LIBus trips are:

Friday LIBus Day Trip: CANCELED (New Date: TBA)

Saturday LIBus Trip: Next Saturday 9 AM

Friday Night LIBus Trip: 5/23 by 3 PM

This is to get a rough idea on who am I expecting to come.

Thanks for reading!

I just want to say that the trip will be canceled and will be moved to a date in June or July. So far I am looking at 6/26 and 7/2. This is because the 2 people that was supposed to attend backed out as they had stuff that came up @ the last minute. I also have stuff that came up @ the last second as well that I need to do. Also because I have to get up early on Saturday as well

The other 2 trips will still go on as so far I got at least 1 person each for the Saturday Day Trip and the Friday Night Trip.

I will keep everybody posted on the new date and thanks for showing some interest in this trip!

This is pretty much what Saturday looks like

"Time from Flushing will be 11:10-11:15 AM by the N20/N21 bus stop on Roosevelt Ave. Following routes will be covered on this trip: N20, N80, N19, N72, N15, and N33."

"Stop includes:

Hicksville LIRR Station (Photography/Snack Stop for those that want a little something to drink and eat)

Sunrise Mall (Lunch Stop)

Babylon LIRR Station (Rest Stop and Photography Stop)

Hempstead Bus Terminal (Quick Photography Stop Outside the Terminal)

Long Beach Bus Terminal/LIRR Station (Dinner and Photography Stop)"

I guess I'll go if I can leave you guys around Hempstead Bus Term.?

That's fine by me. As according to my trip plan, the trip will end upon arrival @ Far Rockaway at about 5 minutes to 8 PM. We will be in Hempstead by the 5 hour. The dinner stop for me will be fast food and I know a few fast food places around Long Beach

Saturday LIBus Trip can be seen here

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10198

Friday Night LIBus Trip Plan can be seen here

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10200

Now I want to know what day will be good? 6/26 or 7/2? I am asking so like that I can get a good day to reschedule the canceled LIBus Trip from about a week to week in a 1/2 ago.

Archived