An update on DART First State & MTA Maryland buses

Paul P

Resort Transit service in Sussex County, DE operates from May - September with Route 305 serving the cities of Rehoboth Beach, Milford Dover, Smyrna and Wilmington. All other routes (201-208) are locals within the county!

Enjoy the photos and ask questions if you have any! :)

Rehoboth Beach Park & Ride

P1120575.jpg

P1120634.jpg

Route 201 to Boardwalk runs every 5-10 minutes

P1120580.jpg

Route 305 - intercounty service operates Fridays, weekends and major holidays. Like that patriotic wrap for the 4th of July?;)

P1120586.jpg

P1120594.jpg

P1120619.jpg

Route 206 (my home line) is the single line that operates on a year round basis. Serving the cities and towns of Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Harbeson and Georgetown.

P1120639.jpg

And finally MTA Maryland buses in Ocean City, MD with DART's Route 208 to Ocean City.

P1120650.jpg

P1120695.jpg

Excellent Pics! boy those bus stops are better then the ones we got here..

Thanks!

What kind of buses are those in the first three pictures?

The newer fleets are all Gilligs, I'm not sure about the older ones, I'll look at the builder's plate tomorrow when I ride. More info coming...

Thanks!

The newer fleets are all Gilligs, I'm not sure about the older ones, I'll look at the builder's plate tomorrow when I ride. More info coming...

The older DART buses are Champion high floors (don't know the model name offhand); the Ocean City buses were Thomas high floor, with the ex-MdTA NABI artics now seeing service. That's about all I know...

The older DART buses are Champion high floors (don't know the model name offhand); the Ocean City buses were Thomas high floor, with the ex-MdTA NABI artics now seeing service. That's about all I know...

Thanks, I thought they looked a bit like the Champion Solo (a similar low-floor bus) so that makes sense now.

Archived