Any updates on Track Worker Exam 5016?

Tricknologist

Does Track Worker require a NYS license? I received the letter last week to go in. I have a NJ license and Im terrified that I might not be able to get the job because of my license. Can someone let me know please...

If you're talking about a drivers license you don't need one to become a Track Worker.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

i havent heard back from the mta after my pee test.i know i passed cos i dont do drugs.i also heard that the class is supose to start on 19th of sept.i getting worried does anybody have any info or a phone number i can call .thanks!

i havent heard back from the mta after my pee test.i know i passed cos i dont do drugs.i also heard that the class is supose to start on 19th of sept.i getting worried does anybody have any info or a phone number i can call .thanks!

I'm in the same boat. Patiently waiting for that call back to go in for medical. I spoke to a lady there who also told me the class starts Sept. 19 so we should be getting that call soon

^^^^

iam in the same boat as both of you, it's been exactly one week since i was there and did the drug test and gave them my paperwork

gettin a lil nervious and anxious myself, since i dont do drugs and all of my paper work was good

while i was there tho i didnt see many people there for track, everyone i spoke to or overheard was there for bus driver and bus mechanic

even people getting their medical's werent for track worker

i spoke to a co-worker of mine who is a bus mechanic, he said when he was going threw the process his medical/physical was like 7 or 10 days before his actual start date and he said thats how they usually do it...so if our start date is sept 19th our medical/physical should be in early or mid sept...they basically make you wait it out not knowing if your good or not, def sucks

hopefully we should get a call this week or next week

can any senior people from the board confirm thats how the mta does it?

if anyone else out there who took their drug test and went to the orientation within the past few weeks and got called please let us know the details

p.s wnb85 can you pm me the number you have to call up, i dont think i have it

You just made my week... I was so nervous thinking that my paper work wasn't good or I signed something wrong, gave the wrong number. I guess it will be a while. Im trying to find out from my friend how long the wait was when they called her brother in law for the physical. Ill post it when I find out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i am waiting for them to reach my list number for exam 5016. as of 10/02/11 last certified is 1421 and last appointed is 1008. i am in the 2060's i hope i get called b4 the list ends in 2013 :confused:

i highly doubt it, iam in the 1050's and i went threw the urine test and such

still waiting to get called for my medical hopefully next class i should be in

if they do one before 2013

the class sizes arent that large maybe 30-50 people and dont do them very often maybe once every few months

but you never know, hope it works out

• 4 weeks later...
just got the call i been waiting for

medical tomorrow ;)

can anyone give me some details on what to expect?

is there a physical exam?

what kinda medical exam is given?

psychological exam?

sorry for the questions this my first time going threw something like this

Yes, there's a physical/medical exam. As far as I know, no psychological. I was hired 18 years ago so I'm thinking the medical was probabaly a little different then. I can tell you what my yearly medical is like now. Vision test(depth perception etc...) Hearing test(sound proof booth, headphones, listen for beeps and click button) Spirometer(blow into tube as hard as you can, This tests lung capacity) EKG(checks for irregularities in your heart beat). They also check your blood pressure. After youve taken all the tests they give your chart to the Doctor who calls you in to go over the results. He pokes and prods you a little(feels around stomach,checks reflexes etc...)nothing major.

BTW, If your drug screening was over a month ago you're probabaly gonna pee again. Good luck.

thanks alot man

nah i took a drug test in aug, then got called back to do it again a few weeks ago if i have to do another one i wouldnt mind iam clean

test seem's pretty basic tho if thats the test

iam not on any medication now and dont have any prior injuries so i feel i should be good

thanks for the info

What's going on Spike? did you see anything you liked in that pic we got last week?

Hi Beenie,

Not sure what you mean. We didn't pick last week(we picked last January). Maybe you had a mini pick for new guys?

OH, you probably mean the "bid sheet" that came out a couple weeks ago. Nah, nothing on there for me. How about you? You put in for anything? Where are you now?

• 2 months later...

Archived