M-8 Discussion

St Louis Car 09

For those who have been waiting for new cars for Conneticut Like myself I got some good news.The M8s are bound to arrive Immediately.According to the stamford advocate the First 8 cars are bound from Kobe Japan starting on the 28th of this month;at a rate of 2 cars per month til january where they will undergo static testing at the new New Haven test facility specially designed for the cars.According to the order 38 cars are being built and delivered from Kobe and the remaining 262 Cars from Lincoln Nebraska plant. They will conduct various test with the pairs and wont be able to do a full train test until january when the cars arrive.Total amount of the order $713 million.I`ll see if I can post the link,if no go to " thestamforadvocate.com" for the full story.Ahhhh nothing like the smell of fresh trains from Japan.:(

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cars from japan takes a month to arrive by freighter,but they will be unloaded in Baltimore and Transported Via I-95 to New Haven. Theres another chance to win.:(

How in the world does that work, are they on those Wide-Load trucks (are they even long enough?).

LOL that'd be a scary sight.

I cant wait for these! IM gonna hunt em down in my area when they go in revenue service

btw r these retiring just the M2s or both m2/m4?

All M2s.M4 and M6 cars would hang around for a little longer.M4 tokyu triplets arrived between 1987-1988 of only 54 cars.Morrison knudsen M6 cars arrived in 1993.Those GE/Budd cars been around since 1972!

In my town i have seen these on the road, usually on the move:

Gas station fuel storage tanks.

Wind turbine tower sections.

Wind turbine blades.

Wind turbine nacelle.

Everline railcars (5 total spotted).

Transformers for a tier 1 substation.

Bank vaults.

House sections.

Trailers for mobile home parks including FEMA trailers.

Mobile cranes.

Satellites.

Missile parts.

Rocket booster segments.

Trees.

Tree spade (the huge 6+ blade type).

Large steel truss segments.

Large concrete pieces, including beams, pipes, and septic tanks.

In the sky i have seen galaxy and starlifter and hercules transports, more than once a piece. I have seen a sky crane helicopter.

- A

the m7's are bombadiers, now these are kawasaki's. are those 2 companies partners? because the body looks like a m7 wich is a bombadier.
Hmmm thats a good question. Im not sure who owns the license to this design.If its the(MTA) design then Im guessing any manufacturer can use this design for future orders.Anyone can give details on this question, this is just my theory.