Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

where are people getting the info that this list will be extended to 2016 of what month and date? Exam 8094 has an expiration date of Feb 16 2015 as per DCAS. Im not sure if transit can definitely verify that this early when theres a whole year left. Hope is a good thing but facts are even better please submit some supporting information on this statement.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where are people getting the info that this list will be extended to 2016 of what month and date? Exam 8094 has an expiration date of Feb 16 2015 as per DCAS. Im not sure if transit can definitely verify that this early when theres a whole year left. Hope is a good thing but facts are even better please submit some supporting information on this statement.

I think they are getting mixed up with exam 8098, that expires sometimes in 2016 I forget offhand when though. Some of us took both exams.

Hi, im new here , just got my letter to come in an interview this Thursday the 13th. my list number is between 2340 and 2350. what exactly is the initial process and how long does it take? thanks for any answers.

that is the first step and you probably have about two months before you are sworn in then start schoolcar but thats good they started calling up that high cause with one year and five days left till the test expire there is hope they will reach maybe 4000. im list number 2415-2425. get all your work history in order from 10 years from to date. read other post here cause they help. 

you are going to be at 180 livingston the whole day to fill out paperwork but get there at 6:45 bring your personal documents and whatever you doing now prepare to make arrangements with job, family and tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth on your paperwork to the best of your ability. 

Im currently in school car, today we went to the RCC and they told us that is going to be a class every month this year... So heads up! A lot of people is going to get called. Good luck!!!

Good luck while you're in SchoolCar I'm glad a lot of people will get jobs this year. Do you think after this list expires there will be a four year gap until the next one?

Im currently in school car, today we went to the RCC and they told us that is going to be a class every month this year... So heads up! A lot of people is going to get called. Good luck!!! Good luck while you're in SchoolCar I'm glad a lot of people will get jobs this year. Do you think after this list expires there will be a four year gap until the next one?
nah , the person in charge of the exams told us the 1st day of the orientation that the list is going to be extended to 2016 and that a new exam will be administered this year or the first semester of 2015 ... He said that he would love to asked DCAS to extend the list for 3 more years but he said that would be unfair for all the people out there that didn't have the chance to take the last test and been waiting for a new one ...

im currently in school car and the person in charge of create the exams tolds that he asked DCAS to extend the list to February 2016 and that a new test is coming by the end of this year or the first semester of 2015

nah , the person in charge of the exams told us the 1st day of the orientation that the list is going to be extended to 2016 and that a new exam will be administered this year or the first semester of 2015 ... He said that he would love to asked DCAS to extend the list for 3 more years but he said that would be unfair for all the people out there that didn't have the chance to take the last test and been waiting for a new one ...im currently in school car and the person in charge of create the exams tolds that he asked DCAS to extend the list to February 2016 and that a new test is coming by the end of this year or the first semester of 2015

SWEET! I could kiss you right now Lol, I'm graduating in four months so hopefully this exam comes out sometime this summer that would be a huge relief to me. I'm hoping they don't change up the qualifications to 2 years of customer service otherwise I'd have to start with the DOB first which would take me another 3-4 years. It seems strange that another exam would come out so soon since it seems like they're on a hiring roll.

nah , the person in charge of the exams told us the 1st day of the orientation that the list is going to be extended to 2016 and that a new exam will be administered this year or the first semester of 2015 ... He said that he would love to asked DCAS to extend the list for 3 more years but he said that would be unfair for all the people out there that didn't have the chance to take the last test and been waiting for a new one ...im currently in school car and the person in charge of create the exams tolds that he asked DCAS to extend the list to February 2016 and that a new test is coming by the end of this year or the first semester of 2015 SWEET! I could kiss you right now Lol, I'm graduating in four months so hopefully this exam comes out sometime this summer that would be a huge relief to me. I'm hoping they don't change up the qualifications to 2 years of customer service otherwise I'd have to start with the DOB first which would take me another 3-4 years. It seems strange that another exam would come out so soon since it seems like they're on a hiring roll.
yeap, but like i said they're not want to be unfair, so he's trying to called at least almost 4000 from the 8094 and then get a new list established ...

yeap, but like i said they're not want to be unfair, so he's trying to called at least almost 4000 from the 8094 and then get a new list established ...

You seriously but a smile on my face I can't wait for this exam. So how long from the test date did it take the (MTA) to get back to you and hire you? I have to do something in the meantime.

yeap, but like i said they're not want to be unfair, so he's trying to called at least almost 4000 from the 8094 and then get a new list established ... You seriously but a smile on my face I can't wait for this exam. So how long from the test date did it take the (MTA) to get back to you and hire you? I have to do something in the meantime.
in my case took almost 6 years .. But i think for the new test i wont take that long ... Good luck...!

nah , the person in charge of the exams told us the 1st day of the orientation that the list is going to be extended to 2016 and that a new exam will be administered this year or the first semester of 2015 ... He said that he would love to asked DCAS to extend the list for 3 more years but he said that would be unfair for all the people out there that didn't have the chance to take the last test and been waiting for a new one ...

im currently in school car and the person in charge of create the exams tolds that he asked DCAS to extend the list to February 2016 and that a new test is coming by the end of this year or the first semester of 2015

Can a TSS or someone in the know on these forums confirm or deny this?

I go in tomorrow for medical and final processing. If the weather is bad, and im still able to make it in, they should give me the job LOL....cuz thats what regular employees would have to go through, right?
thats right , we havent missed 1 day of school car yet due to snow , or practical is friday and it look that is not going to be cancelled ... Good luck !

Got sworn in today! almost 6 years since I took the test, crazy, now to shift all my focus on training 
nice ..... Good luck in school car ... Just pay attention , focus , practice at home and never be late .....

To the people who have yet to do pre employment (aka the pee test) and medical & final processing (aka the physical and pre interview) I just have a bit of advice seeing as how i just got done with the whole situation.

Keep in mind the following is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and may differ from others who feel different.

the main thing I wanna say is, there is NOTHING to be afraid or nervous of lol

the people down there at 180 Livingston are 1. helpful and 2. wanna get through as much people as possible

now saying that hopefully your 21 page packet is done and you're in good health, if both are true you are good money 

The vision test, as long as you're not completely blind, you will pass

the hearing test, as long as you're not completely deaf, you will pass 

Pre interview, my interviewer barely looked at me, I handed him my 21 page packet, he split it up into piles alone with my other paperwork, stamped it and was done

the only time we spoke was when he asked about a gap in employment, i added it to the comments section but didnt realize it was more then 3 months so i needed to fill out a new page for it 

he didnt yell, call me incompetent and tell me to leave forever LOL he handed me a new page, told me to write "Unemployed supported by ________" on it, sign it and that was it 

after that I took my ID pic, then my electronic fingerprints (BTW 91 bucks comes out your 1st check for finger prints, just a heads up lol) after you do prints you give the conformation paper back to the interviewer and you get sworn in and says congratulations you are now an employee of the MTA  

My only reason for writing this is because I felt like people who havent done it are nervous about it, and people who have done it, for some reason, give off this impression that its a scary thing and if you blink wrong you'll be sent home and never hired lol

these people at 180 Livingston realize you been waiting damn near 6 years for this, this is important, some dummy even showed up like an hour late and they still let him go thru the process 

with that said just have your paperwork in order, and your health well and you'll be fine 

again, just MY EXPERIENCE down at 180 livingston 

To the people who have yet to do pre employment (aka the pee test) and medical & final processing (aka the physical and pre interview) I just have a bit of advice seeing as how i just got done with the whole situation.

Keep in mind the following is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and may differ from others who feel different.

the main thing I wanna say is, there is NOTHING to be afraid or nervous of lol

the people down there at 180 Livingston are 1. helpful and 2. wanna get through as much people as possible

now saying that hopefully your 21 page packet is done and you're in good health, if both are true you are good money 

The vision test, as long as you're not completely blind, you will pass

the hearing test, as long as you're not completely deaf, you will pass 

Pre interview, my interviewer barely looked at me, I handed him my 21 page packet, he split it up into piles alone with my other paperwork, stamped it and was done

the only time we spoke was when he asked about a gap in employment, i added it to the comments section but didnt realize it was more then 3 months so i needed to fill out a new page for it 

he didnt yell, call me incompetent and tell me to leave forever LOL he handed me a new page, told me to write "Unemployed supported by ________" on it, sign it and that was it 

after that I took my ID pic, then my electronic fingerprints (BTW 91 bucks comes out your 1st check for finger prints, just a heads up lol) after you do prints you give the conformation paper back to the interviewer and you get sworn in and says congratulations you are now an employee of the MTA  

My only reason for writing this is because I felt like people who havent done it are nervous about it, and people who have done it, for some reason, give off this impression that its a scary thing and if you blink wrong you'll be sent home and never hired lol

these people at 180 Livingston realize you been waiting damn near 6 years for this, this is important, some dummy even showed up like an hour late and they still let him go thru the process 

with that said just have your paperwork in order, and your health well and you'll be fine 

again, just MY EXPERIENCE down at 180 livingston 

What else do they check for the physical that day besides sight and hearing? The only reason I worry a little about the hearing test is last time I took one I got nervous and jumped the gun on a few tones and they had to tell me there were no sounds a few times I said I heard some. Granted I passed the hearing test back then anyway.

Hearing is a baseline audiometric exam. Future results will be compared to it to determine if you've experienced significant hearing loss, which OSHA mandates since if you do, you'll be required to wear hearing protection.

Hearing, seeing, EKG, and blood pressure. You will also have to pass a basic physical which consists of demonstrating you are able to complete certain basic tasks (dr. says "push against me" and you must demonstrate the strength and flexibility to do so kind of things), and a medical interview which involves your medical history. Any previous "issues" and you may need a note from your doctor stating that you are fit for the job, which if you are unable to get that day, will put you on medical hold. So MAKE SURE you have your doctor's info handy in case the TA doctors request this.

Hearing is a baseline audiometric exam. Future results will be compared to it to determine if you've experienced significant hearing loss, which OSHA mandates since if you do, you'll be required to wear hearing protection.

Hearing, seeing, EKG, and blood pressure. You will also have to pass a basic physical which consists of demonstrating you are able to complete certain basic tasks (dr. says "push against me" and you must demonstrate the strength and flexibility to do so kind of things), and a medical interview which involves your medical history. Any previous "issues" and you may need a note from your doctor stating that you are fit for the job, which if you are unable to get that day, will put you on medical hold. So MAKE SURE you have your doctor's info handy in case the TA doctors request this.

Oh that stuff sounds really easy. The only thing then would be the medical history then, although anything I have is under control so that technically shouldn't be a problem there. So what they call the doctor or something that day if I have the number and name on me? How does that work though? I doubt I could get a doctor note ahead of time seeing how my doctor reacted when I tried that before the drug test, they would fill out anything needed after the fact though. Something not mentioned was about any medications I might be on, what do they consider documentation of medication (it was on the form to bring for the drug test but no one asked for it that day will they require it for the callback)?

Archived