Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

Did anyone in this forum retake the 6601 exam?

I didn’t take 6601 cus they took too long to call me from Exam 8094. I felt like they just taking the money for the Exams

2 minutes ago, Cdd said:

I didn’t take 6601 cus they took too long to call me from Exam 8094. I felt like they just taking the money for the Exams

I totally understand what you are saying. Would you believe they had 9 test days for 6601. So many people took that exam so the new list is going to be super long...that’s why I pray I get through from 8094. I did take new test as well and it seemed so much easier then the last smh

1 minute ago, TrueBlu said:

I totally understand what you are saying. Would you believe they had 9 test days for 6601. So many people took that exam so the new list is going to be super long...that’s why I pray I get through from 8094. I did take new test as well and it seemed so much easier then the last smh

Wow, that’s a lot of People. It seems like they’re hiring less Conductors that’s why it took so long for us to get called 

Remember the list was on a freeze for about 3 years before they started utilizing it. Plus they have so many provisional workers it may be a process to get rid of them and of course it may be hard to do because the provisional workers have been around for so long. All I know is Civil Service trump provisional so idk what’s going on with MTA

37 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

According to city data all of us now 9400 and up we are being hired to replace provisional so why would they hire more if they are trying to get rid of the ones they have now...ijs...it’s my opinion thanks

Yeah no need to be hostile lol. I’m speculating and giving opinions just like you. I hope we all make it. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

Remember the list was on a freeze for about 3 years before they started utilizing it. Plus they have so many provisional workers it may be a process to get rid of them and of course it may be hard to do because the provisional workers have been around for so long. All I know is Civil Service trump provisional so idk what’s going on with MTA

They should’ve extended this Exam for 3yrs since it were on a Freeze for 3yrs

20 minutes ago, Crozay said:

Yeah no need to be hostile lol. I’m speculating and giving opinions just like you. I hope we all make it. 

Pardon me boo I was not trying to be hostile just talking and expressing my ops...no drama sorry if anyone misread my thoughts 

Alright so bad news... apparently there’s a hiring freeze and there isn’t any classes currently scheduled until the budget hit(from an inside source) I should have new info by Monday, I was told they should resume scheduling on Monday.

6 minutes ago, Crozay said:

Alright so bad news... apparently there’s a hiring freeze and there isn’t any classes currently scheduled until the budget hit(from an inside source) I should have new info by Monday, I was told they should resume scheduling on Monday.

Do you know what List number they’re up to?

I don’t, I’m sorry. Only other information I have is they’re looking to hire 2,400 conductors because MTA is hurting for them. I don’t know over what time span. They did confirm that the Jan class was only 80 people which an above poster stated.

4 minutes ago, Crozay said:

I don’t, I’m sorry. Only other information I have is they’re looking to hire 2,400 conductors because MTA is hurting for them. I don’t know over what time span. They did confirm that the Jan class was only 80 people which an above poster stated.

Oh Okay, Sounds like We all have a Chance to get in before the List Expires

So as I read other forum threads it appears MTA is calling people from 6601 to take OPA and these candidates have scored high 100s -98%  on the test and yes they are being pushed in after they pass OPA. Supposedly it is the first 1k from 6601 Exam. The forum also states between now and April these folks will continue being called. I know this list is suppose to end soon but with all this new information it has me 🤔. I just hope they did not drug test us a second time for nothing. I also believe they had a cut off point for this list. (Per say people who scored 80% and under).

1 hour ago, TrueBlu said:

So as I read other forum threads it appears MTA is calling people from 6601 to take OPA and these candidates have scored high 100s -98%  on the test and yes they are being pushed in after they pass OPA. Supposedly it is the first 1k from 6601 Exam. The forum also states between now and April these folks will continue being called. I know this list is suppose to end soon but with all this new information it has me 🤔. I just hope they did not drug test us a second time for nothing. I also believe they had a cut off point for this list. (Per say people who scored 80% and under).

You must've read wrong. I scored 98.75 (unofficially) on exam 6601 and took my OPA back in October and haven't been invited to take a drug test yet. The OPA is a new process, you must pass that and they told us we won't get our results until around April of this year.

If someone from 6601 was invited to take a drug test believe me you would know.

5 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

You must've read wrong. I scored 98.75 (unofficially) on exam 6601 and took my OPA back in October and haven't been invited to take a drug test yet. The OPA is a new process, you must pass that and they told us we won't get our results until around April of this year.

If someone from 6601 was invited to take a drug test believe me you would know.

Ok maybe not 98.75 but they are calling people off that list the top scores. 

On 1/10/2018 at 7:44 PM, TrueBlu said:

Such a crazy process..List #’s all over the place lol Seems we all retested in the same week. 

So my friend just informed me that the instructor made an announcement and said that they class is the last class from the list number 8094  which is the Jan 16 class how can we verify if that’s true so do that mean we have to take the test over again. Did anybody else hear anything?

Archived