Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rahmel

I believe "provisional" means people who took a test but the official results aren't out yet.

Transit workers moving up through Transit take promotional tests, and they do get priority, everyone who passes the test (70 or above) and has a good disciplinary record gets the chance to move to the new position he tested for.

Regarding conductors specifically, what happened was that 8094 was proceeding, then it paused for the processing of existing Transit workers who took the promotional conductor exam.

Some of us assumed that they would then establish the 6601 list and start calling from that, but instead they extended the 8094 list for another year.

20 hours ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@Rahmel

I believe "provisional" means people who took a test but the official results aren't out yet.

Transit workers moving up through Transit take promotional tests, and they do get priority, everyone who passes the test (70 or above) and has a good disciplinary record gets the chance to move to the new position he tested for.

Regarding conductors specifically, what happened was that 8094 was proceeding, then it paused for the processing of existing Transit workers who took the promotional conductor exam.

Some of us assumed that they would then establish the 6601 list and start calling from that, but instead they extended the 8094 list for another year.

Excuse me you’re right I meant promotional but provisional if I’m not mistaken is usually TEMPORARY HIRES even in city service exams.

So I was in another forum (6601) and someone mentioned their coworker was just invited for preemployment on January 9th. In which there list # is 10,300 range🤔. If they are not producing any more classes for this list why would they still be calling people in from the list? Does this make any sense...ijs 

On 1/10/2018 at 7:44 PM, TrueBlu said:

Such a crazy process..List #’s all over the place lol Seems we all retested in the same week. 

So my friend just  the instructor made an announcement and said that they class is the last class from the list number 8094  which is the Jan 16 class how can we verify if that’s true so do that mean we have to take the test over again. Did anybody else hear anything?

Only 40 and it’s a lot of people left on that list that’s messed up. A lot of people got there hopes up high doing drug test multiple times and you still don’t get the job. I know I’m not going to get my hopes up high because my friend said to me that the instructor made in announcement stating her class was the last one on the list and that was the Jan 16 class. So if I am one of those people that get called then I will let you guys know I hope everybody that get called please do the same.Or just keep us informed of what’s going on.

Archived