•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * - - 9 votes

Conductor Exam 8094

3745 replies to this topic

#3741 Postal 1

Postal 1
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 257 posts
    • LocationALL OVER

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:00 AM

It took about 2 weeks for them to respond. And I didn't get a letter-they called me

Thanks! I will pass it on.

#3742 Tim

Tim
    • Pip
    • 161 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

there are wayyy too many conductors that why hiring has been at a standstill veteran conductors arent retiring fast enough also...if your not in now your gonna wait a while or perhaps never be called...

If they are hiring it's very small classes. It seems like they have too many conductors.Hopefully the older timers will retire and everyone waiting will get a chance.

Im back ! Well last time I was here I was wondering where you guys are A or B division am's or pm's Its been almost 7 months now since I got the conductor job and I don't see NUNYA !

B div. Yesterday I was on the L,

#3743 lawkev

lawkev
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 113 posts
    • LocationEast Orange, NJ

Posted Yesterday, 01:20 AM

I was in the last conductors class. Our induction date was June 30th. I'm in the A division. What I can say is that some people decide that they don't want the job after a few months. This might be because they did not prepare themselves. It's not going to be easy when you first start. If you get that straight in your head you will not be so disappointed when things get tough.

I mean for example shift changes and changes regarding your days off. They are a little reasonable in the sense that they always give you two days off in a row. You won't know what those two days will be unless you are religious excuse or something. I have Thursdays and Fridays because Friday is my religious day and they keep me on PMs. I've had it easier than others. The shifts can change from AM, PM and midnight. You will also work on various lines. One day reporting here and the next there. This not to scare anyone but some of my classmates are talking about quitting because of the instability. What do you expect? You have to start somewhere.

I used to do long distance trucking so I was ready for the bouncing around. Borough to borough is not like state to state. Everyone has a breaking point. Be prepared to be pushed to your breaking point. I see guys reporting to work in the middle of the night. That would push me to my breaking point.

Just be prepared to stick it out that's all.

We were also told that we would be the last class for a while.

Thanks

Edited by lawkev, Yesterday, 01:26 AM.

#3744 Far Rock Depot

Far Rock Depot
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,012 posts
    • LocationLower East Side, NY

Posted Yesterday, 03:27 AM

My induction was also June 30th. I'm in the B div. And there are a lot of C/Rs retiring including number 1 on the seniority list.
    Everywhere else, Im "9of13".......Resistance Is Futile
    Posted Image

#3745 Newyork4

Newyork4
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 34 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 AM

Does anybody have any idea when the next exam will come out for Conductor?

The next MTA conductor Exam is 5617 open for file on jun3, 2015 to jun23, 2015
    "NEWYORK4" EVER TRAIN CONDUCTOR

#3746 thekiday

thekiday
    • Pip
    • 72 posts
    • Locationqueens

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 AM

Anyone has the number for one named ms rivera?

Legal Disclaimer: The NYC Transit Forums website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes.
    This website is no way connected or affiliated with the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) or any other related transportation agency.
    It also claims no rights to the trademarks of MTA, NJT, Amtrak and any other listed transportation agency logo on this website.