•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Gallery Images
      M train R-30 subway car in 1986 (BMT Line) Rts 5119 1840 Interior New Flyer XD60 4761 on the Bx42 Redbirds 207 Street Yard 1 Triple train! West Farm's C40 313 on the B68 after Sandy 1998 T80-206 RTS #5040 Q101 at Steinway Street and 31st Avenue Rts 5082

Photo
    * * * * - 11 votes

Conductor Exam 8094

3799 replies to this topic

#3791 noobzster

noobzster
    • Veteran Member
    • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:27 PM

noobzster if i was you i would not call but i would go there the next day if you can or on the first available day that you can as long as its not too far from the date. when you get there just tell them you received the letter the day before and they will advise you as to what to do or they will start to process you on that same day.

Thank you, we are talking about 7-10 business days later being the soonest I can get away from my current employer. Do you think that would be doable without seeming unprofessional?

#3792 MsHottieWithBody

MsHottieWithBody
    • 9 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:24 AM

I got my letter today! I almost peed myself in excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But man do they cut it mighty close with the appointment day.... I go in tomorrow :-) Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

List # 363X

#3793 knyce34

knyce34
    • 10 posts
    • Locationbrooklyn

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:05 PM

Congrats @MsHottieWithBody i heard they will be calling at least 60 C/R's a month for the rest of the year

#3794 LIRR 154

LIRR 154
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 459 posts
    • LocationQueens

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:52 PM

I got my letter today! I almost peed myself in excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But man do they cut it mighty close with the appointment day.... I go in tomorrow :-) Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

List # 363X

Congrats and good luck.

#3795 drenyce311

drenyce311
    • Pip
    • 83 posts
    • LocationFar Rockaway, NY

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

List # 363X

Good luck and be on time or 20 mins early.

#3796 Tim

Tim
    • Pip
    • 162 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

They are hiring a lot of CR ! Lot of people are retiring a lot of you still have a chance
    What did u guys score with a 3xxx list #?

#3797 MsHottieWithBody

MsHottieWithBody
    • 9 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

Congrats @MsHottieWithBody i heard they will be calling at least 60 C/R's a month for the rest of the year

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so excited. I just got back from HR.... average time for a call back???

Good luck and be on time or 20 mins early.

I was! I arrived exactly 20 minutes early... everything went smoothly :-)

#3798 drenyce311

drenyce311
    • Pip
    • 83 posts
    • LocationFar Rockaway, NY

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Nice! I'm going for LIRR LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER. Did the whole process upto the Panel interview. Haven't gotten a call yet to see if I'm in the August class. But the whole process is from September to now. But patiently waiting for that call. ;)

#3799 OFlow

OFlow
    • 16 posts
    • LocationNYC

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

@Mshottiewithbody if u were processed today then u should be in the next class which starts on July 27th, if not then definitely the August class. Now is a good time seeing how while in school car you'll have weekends and holidays off so you'll be able to enjoy your summer and come out on the road in October. Congrats and see u on the road!

#3800 DropkickMurphy915

DropkickMurphy915
    • 3 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Anyone here have any experience with declining and having their name restored? I just did that about a month ago (for the second time) and received the notice that I've been restored to my original place on the list, but I see other people who presumably have list numbers past mine who are receiving their paperwork and notice to appear.

Any idea how exactly that works? Trying to reach a warm body at personnel is almost like torture, so if i can avoid calling them that'd be great.

Legal Disclaimer: The NYC Transit Forums website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes.
    This website is no way connected or affiliated with the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) or any other related transportation agency.
    It also claims no rights to the trademarks of MTA, NJT, Amtrak and any other listed transportation agency logo on this website.