•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * - - 15 votes

Conductor Exam 8094

6328 replies to this topic

#6321 amm0

amm0
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 242 posts
    • LocationPeekskill NY

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

Man all these new damn classes coming in and I got the call I got drafted to flagging not happy about that

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

#6322 tdevon2012

tdevon2012
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPip
    • 600 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

Man all these new damn classes coming in and I got the call I got drafted to flagging not happy about that

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

flagging is no fun?

#6323 ErikNYC

ErikNYC
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 194 posts
    • LocationNYC

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

flagging is no fun?

Long hours, good money, overnight shifts.

Actually my boy just starting flagging and he loves it, he stated "I am not going back to the road, until I become a TO". However, he doesn't mind the hours or the overnight shift.

Edited by ErikNYC, 17 February 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#6324 trainman

trainman
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 373 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

I had done three. I did it on Tuesday when I cleared my medical. I didn't expect to get into the February class but, if they don't have a class until spring that means I would have to take a 4th drug test if it's past 90 days. My question is do I have to do the medical all over again.

Let me weight in on this being that I went through the same thing. If you don't clear your medical in time before they start pulling more names off the list then you will have to reinstate your name back on the list. Meaning unfortunately once you are called again when they pull the next batch of names off the list again, you will have to do the drug test & medical exam all over again. But the good news is you will have top seniority over all the people that were called along with you.😀😀😀 And what I read this Conductor list was extended again.😨😨😨

#6325 tdevon2012

tdevon2012
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPip
    • 600 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

Let me weight in on this being that I went through the same thing. If you don't clear your medical in time before they start pulling more names off the list then you will have to reinstate your name back on the list. Meaning unfortunately once you are called again when they pull the next batch of names off the list again, you will have to do the drug test & medical exam all over again. But the good news is you will have top seniority over all the people that were called along with you. And what I read this Conductor list was extended again.

I guess I have to wait for DCAS to pull me from the list. I thought I did my medical clearance in time not to loose my spot. Now to redo all that stuff all over again and possibly be placed on a medical hold and loose out again. I'll just wait and see what's going to happen. I get it but my question is why have me do a third drug test if I missed my opportunity. Why tell me to wait 90 days if I am going to get pulled from the list. Mine you every person I spoke to on Tuesday said it was fine that I cleared it up the medical. I have seen them tell people on the spot to restore their name to the list but nobody told me that.

Edited by tdevon2012, 17 February 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#6326 trainman

trainman
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 373 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

I guess I have to wait for DCAS to pull me from the list. I thought I did my medical clearance in time not to loose my spot. Now to redo all that stuff all over again and possibly be placed on a medical hold and loose out again. I'll just wait and see what's going to happen. I get it but my question is why have me do a third drug test if I missed my opportunity. Why tell me to wait 90 days if I am going to get pulled from the list. Mine you every person I spoke to on Tuesday said it was fine that I cleared it up the medical. I have seen them tell people on the spot to restore their name to the list but nobody told me that.

Who knows.. I will call first to find out what the heck is going on. Either Ms. Michelle Rivera-Vargas or DCAS themselves. Like Erik said even if you have to go down in person, do what you have to do. They are hiring so many people each day that sometimes they don't even know what their doing. Good luck to you!!!

#6327 Glenn200

Glenn200
    • Pip
    • 51 posts
    • LocationNew york

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

What goes down the first three days at 195 montague? When did you guys get issued uniforms?

#6328 QnzBound

QnzBound
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 45 posts
    • LocationNYC

Posted Today, 12:27 AM

What goes down the first three days at 195 montague? When did you guys get issued uniforms?

Day 1 and 2 are a mix of pep rally esque speeches, and reviewing various health benefits, payroll, general rules and regs, a bunch of powerpoint presentations that ive all but forgotten.

Day 3 is your day with the union reps. More speeches, go over the vision and dental plans, multiple pitches for services ranging from disability, 401K, lawyer services, etc.. you also get to pick/ are drafted into a division based on your seniority (list number) and choose your pay location (until your direct deposit is set up)

Fitting for uniforms doesnt happen until your second day at PS248. They come in the mail piece by piece.... everything is on back order and will be the wrong size (probably) any way. So far ive gotten 2 pair of pants and a spring jacket. The only think you are issued while at PS248 are your boots, tools, vest, gloves and books.

Edited by QnzBound, Today, 12:28 AM.

#6329 Glenn200

Glenn200
    • Pip
    • 51 posts
    • LocationNew york

Posted Today, 01:35 AM

Thanks Qnzbound. One more thing do we need to take any of the the 3 books we got when we were hired the first 3 days?