Service Disruptions To Hit F, G Trains This Weekend

Trainspotter

Service Disruptions To Hit F, G Trains This Weekend

Riders of the (F) and (G) trains in Brooklyn are in for rough time this coming weekend.

The MTA has announced that there will be no (F) train service between the Jay Street and 4th Avenue/9th Street stops.

The MTA is advising that customers switch to the (D) train at 4th Avenue/9th Street for service to and from Manhattan.

As for (G) train riders, there'll be no service between the Hoyt-Schermerhorn and Smith-9th Street stops. As an alternative, there will be free shuttle buses operating between Hoyt-Schermerhorn and 7th Avenue in Brooklyn.

These changes go into effect from midnight Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.

Yes this is a big Weekend G.O which was canceled last weekend it was suppose to be two but for now its just this weekend. The Full service changes are as follows.

(A) Local Stops between 168 Street and Canal Street

(C) Not Running replaced by (A) and (F) Service

(F) 179 Street to Euclid Ave making local stops between Hoyt and Euclid Ave

4 Ave to Stillwell

(G) Court St to Nostrand Ave and Nostrand Ave to Hoyt

(D) Local stops between Dekalb Ave and 36 Street

I work the (C) on the weekend so I get reassigned as if I was Extra List. Its bad because I don't know what line or time I'm working but the good part is they have to pay us Overtime. You would think they put the 168 (C) personal on the (A) and Euclid Personal on the (F) but it don't work that way since they not really adding to many jobs exept on the (F) but they are given out to the New RX personal while we get put where ever.

If they need another weekend they will have to reschedule it for another wkend. The next two weekends is all about the (A)(C) Lines in the Heights. Shuttle Busses from 207 St to 168 St. (A) Operate from 168 to Lefferts/ Far Rockaway ( Local stops 168 St to 145 St). (C) 145 Street to Euclid Ave.

Archived